It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I bought their wave one series of instructions. Couldn't afford the whole set at once, though it would have saved money. In a few more months I'm going to want wave two, and so on. But it was a birthday present to myself, about three months early.
They are very good. I nearly feel myself floating out of my body on the sleep one. Focus 10 is wonderful. Feel the same way as you, and wish so much to be able to attend the courses one day.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Just wanted to check in on this fascinating topic, although I am way out of my league here.

In the early 70's, my boyfriend at the time was visiting his grandfather in another state. Every one had gone to bed, and he was lying in his bed in the guest room, reading a magazine. Suddenly, he was on the ceiling, looking down at his body. This is the way he described it. Strangely, his thought was to panic because he was afraid he would fall and wake his grandfather. This immediately plopped him back into this body. When he returned home, we investigated this and discovered the term "astral projection". We bought whatever books we could find at the time, and we both tried many times to accomplish this, but were never successful. We read that once you do it spontaneously, it is somehow easier to repeat, but he was never able to. Nor I, although I tried many times.

Do any of you remember Dr. Elizabeth Kubler Ross? She is a psychiatrist who came up with the stages of death, which are still repeated today. These go from Denial through Acceptance, if you are unfamiliar with them. But she had quite a best seller, and made a name for herself. But, aha, she then published her second book, and unfortunately I can't remember the title, although the book is probably somewhere here in the house. Anyway, in this book she talked about her experiences with astral projection. She had a teacher. She spoke of her first experience, and how she designated a place to go, a destination within the house, to help her control her fear. I remember this was down her hall, to where a particular photograph of a family member hung. She made the agreement with herself, that upon reaching the photograph, she would then return to her body. She seemed to grow into it in this manner. Also, she spoke about how she then became fearful that some damage might come to her body while she was away. So she actually positioned her body in a closet (yes) as I recall, to hide it from harm. She would also have a friend nearby....in the event something happened, and she seemed to grow very paranoid about this aspect of it. Later, she talked about how she visited different areas of our universe. Yep. Also, in case you aren't familiar with this, she essentially ruined herself professionally with this book. She was no longer taken seriously by the medical community. Of course, that was a long while back.

But I have a question to ponder. I was on a thread earlier with the question of fearing death. I noticed the posters who denied any fear of death whatsoever, were those who had experienced NDE's, and OOB's.

But many of you here, as well as myself, admit that fear is a major deterrent to pulling this off. Unlike Ross, I don't think I fear for my physical body. I would consider it relatively safe in my home; in my bed. But it is something else I fear. I can't identify it.

What is it we fear?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
fear of the unknown? I don't know to be honest, I do know this fear of which you speak. (I'm starting to sound like a 17th century dude here) You just have to let go completly, and just know that you're safe. Or so i've read, on here.

I've no idea, I just popped in to share this link, free mp3 astral projection hypnosis thingy that I found.

technohippie.com...

Haven't tried it yet, I'm going to have a shower and stuff first. I'll report back and tell you if I had any luck with it.
(right click, save as, if you want it)

[edit on 27/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

hey my ye olde english friend. Yea, the audio files you're talking about are called 'binaural sounds' or Binaural beats. they are a really interesting topic that as a sound designer really keep me entertained... I won't go into much details about them but in terms of OOBE's, they haven't worked for me, but...they have got me to a trance state, I am able to get to a trance state without binaural beats on headphones, but using binaural beats almost snaps me into the trance state... I think the binaural beats entrain your brain into a different state, so, listen to beta waves for a while and your brain will entrain to a beta cycle and you will be set for working hard, listen to theta waves on the other hand, and you'll soon be drifting off to sleep....in theory!!!!

and in terms of the FEAR....oh yes....the fear is IMMENSE, practice, meditation, understand that you really REALLY can leave your body and come back to it.......before one truly understands this, they will always experience the fear...like jumping into dark water really....(i still havent got over it)

hope that helps

TGG

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If anyone is assisting people in experiencing an out of body experience or any astral projection then please by all means get in contact with me and help me to experience this state at least once so that I can know it's feeling and look for it in my future practices.

Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I hope that someone will help you! I've asked before but to no avail! Just in case no one helps you, just keep persisting and working on it and I'm sure you'll achieve an OBE in no time! [Or a couple months!
] I've been practicing and practicing and I feel that I'm making progress.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by octotom]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

In addition, on another thread about astral projection, someone provided a link to a binural beat soundtrack. I've yet to have a chance to use it, but, here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If this is about the Out of Body Experience, you could be mistaken with an alien abduction, and be "Suppressing" memories, in order to generate 'false' memories to deal with the situation.

For some odd reason, I've had some ask/complain/attack? me for this reason.

If you're trying to achieve 'astral projection', there's a little femalish hominid near the Dog Star...say hello for me...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eyecatching

what are you talking about buddy? can you add more than those cryptic lines? I'm not meaning to be rude, but am really interested in what slant you are coming from. Thanks.

Thanks for that binaural beats link, you really need to be careful not to download mp3's though for binaural beats, the compression on mp3's is lossy so i've always been concerned that you may lose some of the low frequency audio which is really important with binaural beats, if anything get yourself a copy of .flac or wav files, they are lossless and i reckon they would be a smarter choice for binaural beats...

oh...and WEAR HEADPHONES with a decent frequency range. if you try listening to binaural beats on speakers...the effect WONT WORK!

all the best and i hope it helps,

TGG

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
so after reading this thread i decided to try this experience again. I have tried it before 3-4 times but no luck, but after reading peoples suggestions i went for it...i was in a very clam state, muscles all relax, felt like floating also feeling as a couln't move. What was strange is that i felt a pull as if someone was pulling out but never happened. It was actually a cool feeling but wish the whole process happened but just couldn't do it for some reason..SO is the helper your talking about is actually reading this thread U2U me and lets talk alittle bit on some help please,

thank you

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hi/
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross,is named in 'Hidden Dangers of the rainbow' by Constance Cumbey...Is that Good?
Bad?
I just finished the above book last night.
Benjamin Creme and far too many others to list here are supposedly working for a One World control system, bringing out the New World Order?
New Age movement.
Your thoughts?

helen

EDIT..To add///never mind!

[edit on 5/29/2009 by helen670]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Hi Helen. If I recall, the book "Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow", was written about 20 years ago in response to the New Age Movement. There was a certain unrest at that time (and still is) from other religious communities, as well as some potitical groups, that the New Age Movement could very well become prominent, and consequently might replace or rival more traditional religions.

It doesn't surprise me that Kubler-Ross is mentioned in the book, because at that time she became very much associated with the new age movement, and was very vocal about it.

As to whether it is good or bad, I don't really think it is either. I haven't read the book, but it is likely just someone's opinion based on their religious/political views.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hi, sorry to keep you ladyinwaiting!

The reason I mentioned Hiden Dangers of the rainbow was the fact that she mentions...Sanat Kumara for whom they worship as their 'God'(anagram for Satan?)
I have read, ''When one meditates or practices O.OB.E this inhances the closeness with Sanat in the spiritual realm.''
There are many people out there that practice similar New Age stuff(I wont go into detail here) without ever knowing who or what they are dealing with.Then, there are others who know and understand fully to what they are dealing with,(being of their own accord)and simply teach otherwise.

What exactly does one achieve or want to accomplish by experiencing an O.OB.E?
Does it
I mean, what does it do?

helen

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I bought the astral projection binureal beat programs from James Blunt's
The Unexplainable Store
www.theunexplainablestore.com...
I also purchased the weight loss program and the breaking addictions program.
they were having a REALLY good sale so I went all out.

I haven't tried ANY of it yet but keep planning to set time aside for it.....
UGH I am currently spending most my spare time teaching my son to drive a stick shift since he has gotten his learners permit to drive, and thats sucking up so much of my FOCUS.....
I have been having a terrible time with serious arm PAIN because of carpel tunnel I can hardly relax enough to go to sleep let alone try to bring on any OOBE things....

[edit on 30-5-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Oh! THIS thread! Thanks for the help theRiverGoddess.

For everyone else, I've had some success in the past with OOBEs, but I want to figure out what's holding me back from being über good at it. I can't leave the physical plane on demand, and I'd like to be able to do that. The few times I've been able to leave my body were mostly unexpected and rather extraordinary experiences.

I've studied a great deal of Robert A. Monroe's life, experiences, and the Monroe Insititute and have the whole Gateway Experience collection, and it's helped me achieve some interesting states, but never out-of-body while listening. So, anyone who can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. You can U2U me or go to one of my threads to help me personally, or reply here.

Here's a list of my OOBE-related threads:

My meeting with Christ and test against Satan

This thread is very Christian-based and has to do with experiences having to do with "Christ" and "the devil." These days I question the existence of a christ or a devil, though I can't deny that the experiences happened. I think these events happened to help me understand certain facts about right and wrong and how to make good choices in my life. The beings I describe as Jesus and Satan could be any being, however, sent with a purpose of teaching those lessons in a way I could understand them based on my up-bringing in a Christ-focused family.

The Monroe Institute

A thread I began on the Monroe Institute while I was questioning the legitimacy of certain aspects of it. I've never questioned Robert A. Monroe himself. I think everything he describes is authentic. I just needed to see if there was any evidence of a conspiracy behind any aspect of it. Obviously, nothing has cropped up so far.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

HI Again! It's a delimma, isn't it? I remember when I lost someone I loved very much (to death), I contacted a Medium to try to reach her....and my family was very upset about it, considering the "if it is not of God, then it is bad" thoughts in the Bible.

I think I told you I have never been able to achieve an OBE experience, even thought I tried for about a year in the 70's. Then about five years ago I learned of the Monroe Institute, and ordered some of their material, but still, no success.

But Ohhhhhh. Why want to? Ahhh. Because it would be thrilling. Thrilling on so many, many, levels. The human aspect of it....to be able to venture into the skies, the freedom, the wonder, the sheer joy of it. I can only try to imagine the absolute exhilaration.

And then there is the spiritual aspect of it. Oh my goodness. To know.
To know that death is not real. To get a glimpse of what it holds. It would answer so many questions. And verify so many things I think I know, or want to believe. And it's not like I don't believe other's experiences. For example, our OP here on this thread. River Goddess. She has related her experiences to us (in a delightful and entertaining way, I might add), and I believe her. But to experience it personally makes it personal.

Also Of course consider that I want to see a ghost. I want to see an alien.
I want to see a Tibetan Monk levitate. I want to go for a ride on a space craft.

But to have your spirit, your essence, leave your body and then return! It must be beautiful. Remarkable. Life-changing.

........To RG: would it be too much to ask for you and "the Yanker" to describe to us some of your personal revelations about it? I see you started this thread a while back. I hope you aren't bored with it. But I am fascinated by the Yanker, too. How powerful and accomplished he must be.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hmmm. I'm thinking I will take that last question a step further.

For anyone who has had an OBE:

Did it change your life? And if yes, in what way?

(Yes, I'm resorting to having this experience vicariously).

Many thanks.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Wow...good questions.

First and formost I lost ALL fear of death.....I did NOT loose fear of pain or a painful passing, but its the pain I fear not the actual passing.

One amazing insight I have gained is that the beings on the other side are VERY INVOLVED in what we little humans are doing........I have been stopped from coming out, and I have had the 'feeling' of someone grabbing my arm and flying me BACK to my body ASAP.......as if I was a naughty child who needs to be babysat.
I get very frustrated at this happening as there is so much I WANT to know and explore and I am 'not allowed' it seems. I wonder just WHO it is that is 'the boss of me' in this arena...
I have not SEEN any aliens in the way they are described.....I have not had any 'sit downs' with higher guides.....I want these things very much but so far this has not been so, and Im not sure why. I also have lots of BLINDNESS issues while OOBE, and it seems like I am just not being allowed to view things. People have said its TOTALLY up to me and I use all the suggested techniques to dial up or bring on my vision.....but most the time it doesnt work. I give up on blind OOBE after a bit as I find it useless to not see anything and just have all the physical sensations of being on a roller coaster except without the car to sit in and bar to hold onto. Having all those sensations going on and NOT freaking out can be a challenge, but I am no longer afraid, as I always come back as soon as I think of my body.....I am not afraid of my body being taken over, as its MINE.....it is always waiting for my return. I think the stories about our bodies being taken over are just propagated to scare us, to keep us from doing this............its hard to control a population that is not afraid of death, and knows very well we exist in the bigger picture, and this life is but one frame of the entire film.
I have no idea who is pulling the strings.........I DO believe in a higher intelligent creative power, that we are all a part of, and I do send my prayers & thankfulness up to this 'God'........I have very SERIOUS doubts about the God of the Bible, because I doubt the bible and its origins. I believe it was made as a tool of control over people.

I now seem to think of my body and this life, as a puppet, more or less, that the ME that is my oversoul is playing with in this reality......
The VERY physical feeling of leaving my body is so much like trying to peel out of a to tight wet suit, and coming back is like every other falling dream everyone experiences......for thats exactly whats going on when you have that sensation...your just coming back.

I am CONVINCED beyond the shadow of a doubt that at the core of all that is LIVING....we are just one being, that has chosen to fragment into gobazillions of pieces in able to FEEL the experience of 'physicality' from every single aspect that they can.......when this being is done playing in this manner we ALL come back together to be ONE again with all this vast knowledge of being everything AND everyone all at the same time.

Sometimes I think all of our dreams are nothing more than an OOBE we allow ourselves to be absorbed in because we think its NOT real.....becoming lucid is hugely important.....we should ALL strive to become lucid in our dreams as that is a natural doorway to being aware that one is OOBE....just like the many folks on this thread who have said they gained OOBE because of lucid dreaming.

Ahhh yes The Yanker.........this is an amazing soul & creative person, very loving and kind.
I have learned that MANY OOBE adepts have the ability to yank you out, but most choose to not do this, as they think your spiritual development is meant to move forward at its own pace...if everyone could OOBE this world would be a VERY different place indeed, and it was designed to be a PHYSICAL realm, not a place where we all have the idea that our bodies are just play puppets......we are SUPPOSED to be totally immersed in this physicality in able to get the most life lessons out of it as possible.I dont know though, as these are just ideas I have.......and I could be totally wrong. I think it is the mission of mankind to see 'The Bigger Picture' beyond this small existence.

I have questions for The Yanker too, like when this ability started for them, how did it come about? Did they work for it or was it just a natural ability? have they seen aliens? do they meet with guides? do they see family and friends who have passed over? can OOBE be used as a spy technique or are negative uses somehow NOT allowed.....can they find life on other planets and somehow get involved, as in...seeing how things work from this alien perspective....is the earth hollow and can you visit hollow earth via OOBE?
Could you SEE an earth change before it starts, say like your OOBE and you might be able to visually SEE an earthquake or volcano prior to its taking place?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow. Fascinating responses in your reply RG. Thank you so much. I got sorta caught up in the "blindness vs. vision" remarks, and I have always wondered about that. I mean, obviously you haven't taken your eyes along for the ride, so how does one see without eyes? And to just experience the OBE as a physical sensation...then how, could you know it was really happening? I remember in one of your posts, you did remark about looking for and seeing the silver cord. So, at times you can see, but at other times you cannot? Any thoughts as to what controls that? Fear? Frustration? Determination? Mood? And when things are seen, is it aura's or blurry, or waves of energy, or .... what? Any colors?

I've heard people remark the first time it occurred with them, the first thing they remember was looking down and seeing their body. This occurs in NDE's, also, apparently. (Same phenomenon).

A friend said he looked for his body, and thought he could feel it, but it wasn't there. He later saw it as something like a human-shaped bubble, which came and went. (He never wanted to do it again, I think he was totally freaked out by the experience). OBE's are apparently not for everybody. lol

I know you have given your word about not giving the identity of the Yanker. (I love that title). But would you mind, just feeding my curiosity, by telling.....did he live near you? Same Town? Same state? or
different state? Different country? Wow. Mind boggling.

Again, thank you so much for explaining your experiences. You are absolutely delightful. Please keep coming back to the site! I check it everyday.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yes....SOMETIMES I can see clearly....sometimes I see in a haze of sepia tones.....and other times I am blinded.
I don't have any answer as to why this is so. It just is and I relate my experiences as I genuinely perceive them. I feel stupid when I am writing about some experience and I could not see, as I would like to be more proficient at this......but I am not.
Seriously the HARDER I try and work on this the more I seem to push it away.......much like the way the law of attraction, works.

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join