It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'Moving' Object On Mars!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Last picture is taken from much higher up and to the right of the previous pictures. You can tell elevation by the additional surface and sunlight reflection seen in the rocks on the left. Teh object that appeared is just situated in some king of dip so its not viewable from ground level.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sorgan hi guys, thought id add my own photochops. 1 and 2 being identifiable rock shapes that seem to be viewed at a very diff angle in the second shot..pity. rocks with legs would be cool

figured how to upload them

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53f3db493fe8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90e3e6cbc8d9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
First of all, did anyone noticed that the link for the first photo is wrong?
It points to Sol 1830 when the photo is from Sol 1836, a slight mix of photos (Sol 1830 also has one photo of those rocks).

Now, about the order of the photos, and just looking at the Sol number, we can see that the "first photo" was taken on Sol 1836, the "second" on Sol 1843 and the "third" on Sol 1833, so the real order was "third", "first" and "second", if that makes any sense.

Explaining it with the images will be easier.

The first photo should be this one, from Sol 1833.

The second photo should have been this, from Sol 1836.

The third photo should have been this, from Sol 1843.

One things that is noticeable in the full size, not cropped photos is that the area is not flat, and that those rocks that are on the foreground in the OP photos are on the top of a small mound, while the "moving" rock is behind the mound.

As they were moving the rover slowly across that area, expecting difficulties because of the problem with one of the wheels (one wheel does not move), they took stereo pairs to analyse the terrain and choose what they thought was the best route, so using the right camera equivalent of those three photos we can see better the terrain, and see that the "moving" rock is much farther away than it looks on the one-camera photos.

Sol 1833

Sol 1836

Sol 1843

PS: the file names of the photos show that Spirit was moving, it moved from "drive" 74 in the Sol 1833 to A1 in Sol 1836 and to EO in Sol 1843, so, unless it was stuck (and it was not, it only become stuck on Sol 1899, if I am not mistaken)

PPS: If someone wants it I can make those "cross-eye" 3D images also, just ask.

Edit: I think that everyone interested in the photos from the rovers should get those red+green glasses, almost every Sol has stereo-pair photos, so we can get a good 3D view of the scene.

[edit on 26/5/2009 by ArMaP]

Second edit to add one "cross-eye" photo, the one from Sol 1843.

[edit on 26/5/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
have you heard about this ?

Something (or somebody??) has been regularly cleaning the Mars rover Opportunity's solar panels during the night, enabling the device to continue to work much better and longer. NASA rover team leader Jim Erickson has said that the unexplained cleaning events have kept Opportunity's solar panels operating close to their maximum daily output of 900 watt-hours. Due to a previous accumulation of Martian dust, which is heavy and dense, output had dropped to 500 watt-hours per day. The output of Mars Spirit's solar panels, which are not getting cleaned, have dropped to 400 watt-hours per day. NASA has no explanation for the cleaning till this day ...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

maybe it's the moving stone who clean it

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can't believe you people flagged this 30 times... wow just wow...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Mike, I think it is just the phenomena of moving rocks... we have it here on earth too ...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by ls1cameric
Now thats creepy... That one in the middle looks exactly like a building frame. Not sure what to make of the Round edge figures to the sides.

Hmmm...Looks like two buildings, the right hand one resembles a house with a inverted V roof - ^

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41d51843307e.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's nothing more than a part of the Spirit. But the question is, which part?

Cheers!

That picture had me confused a while back(you may of set me straight with it mikesingh ) so I put this together for easy viewing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec68cb7182c2.gif[/atsimg]
Full size: /member/ec68cb7182c2.gif
Source:

Zelong.

[edit on 26/5/09 by Zelong]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
And NASA continues to laugh
as we look at pictures of rocks when they are doing who knows what, “interviewing ET looking at pictures of real craft ect. And we debate a damn rock!! The truth.... so easy to hide

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

They got closer to the structures
There are equidistant fenceposts? connecting three structures
The far left structure is a copy of the far right structure
save the raw image and zoom in

[edit on 26-5-2009 by seataka]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

more detail. view full image and zoom in

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

You know the poster in Mulder's office...?

Is this just reflection off a sun visor?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Those are not the pictures in question. Read the OP's post.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap, really good job on those photos. I don't know how you did it, but you did great making them 3D. I salute you.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

PPS: If someone wants it I can make those "cross-eye" 3D images also, just ask.

Edit: I think that everyone interested in the photos from the rovers should get those red+green glasses, almost every Sol has stereo-pair photos, so we can get a good 3D view of the scene.

Darn! My Dachshund screwed up my red/green glasses. (He's an ass actually!
) So how about the three 'cross-eye' 3D images you promised?

Thanks!

Ok, here's an object that I've marked with a white arrow which is behind the outcrop. It has been 'displaced' a few feet to the right. This is likely due to the parallax effect due to the movement of the Rover.

Similarly, the stone in question must have been displaced but to a lesser degree due to the difference in their distances from the camera. The stone in question most likely would then be hidden behind the big stone on the left and therefore not visible, though I think I can see a little of its top.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab4ed2b599ce.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d7d14961e5c.jpg[/atsimg]

Parallax after all, what?

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hmmm kinda looks like a mars pigeon? lol

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The third more extreme angle not withstanding:

Here is an animation of the other two pics

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
And NASA continues to laugh
as we look at pictures of rocks when they are doing who knows what, “interviewing ET looking at pictures of real craft ect. And we debate a damn rock!! The truth.... so easy to hide

While it is most likely that there is a natural explanation behind the apparent movement of rock and so forth...this 'damn rock' you're referring to could be the difference between making an amazing new geological discovery that NASA may have missed, or it could (but much less likely) give us a lead or prove that something is going on that we all want to know about. Perhaps you haven't seen mike's thread about equally spaced objects. Don't be so quick to judge. You might learn something.

Great thread Mike, as usual.

ArMaP, Extralien - kudos to you both

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I was not judging the thread,maybee i came off the wrong way. It is a great thread well layed out great content but i was just trying to reason the relevance of this subject in aliens and ufos. after thinking about it a little more i guess i can see how this could lead to bigger and better things!! no offense to the OP

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think more focus should be on the strange large Rock to the right, with the eel-like appendage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join