It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'Moving' Object On Mars!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Well I do appreciate that you search for these anomolies. My point is that even if a rock did move and it wasnt just a change in the filming perspective, then I am sure someone could come up with a logical explanation, like it was pumice or something.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
I was looking through the master list page at different images after your find.

the two thumbnails, (Rear Hazcam :: Sol 1720 (2 images)), found here

Have either some fisheye type lense and the artifacts at the top of the pictures are part of something we sent, or, they are buildings.

Open the thumbnails and see what you think.

I am analysing the images you posted about as well and see other enomolies between other objects as well. I will note my findings and let you know in time.

S&F for you.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

Now thats creepy... That one in the middle looks exactly like a building frame. Not sure what to make of the Round edge figures to the sides.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
Now thats creepy... That one in the middle looks exactly like a building frame. Not sure what to make of the Round edge figures to the sides.

Hmmm...Looks like two buildings, the right hand one resembles a house with a inverted V roof - ^

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41d51843307e.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's nothing more than a part of the Spirit. But the question is, which part?

Cheers!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Yes Mike.

Can you circle them both and show the two different images?

I'm at work and this pic has got me going to be honest. I've not posted for a while and this is a dam good find. I doth my cap.

Remirah

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Remirah

Looking for this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/871f9450822a.jpg[/atsimg]

And this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fa872eb01a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Resembles this?

Cheers!

+12 more 
posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hello mike... me again

Well, i thought I'd try to show what I meant rather than explain it..
Key things to look for.. the big rock with the crack on the right.. you can see its side in the first photo. By the last photo you cannot see the side, just its corner.

From my perception of the placing of these rocks i have attempted to recreate the layout.. Notice how the silver portined side of the dongl cap disapears to emphasise the side portion of the big rock with the crack..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f750ad82168a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79384ab48160.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0938538d625b.jpg[/atsimg]

And here is the entire layout from above so that you can see how i perceive the formation over the are in order to get these shots.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a209b318942.jpg[/atsimg]

And the objects used for scale
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/926c032a7823.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you look at the first pic Mike you can see the top of the black rock that you think is missing or moved it shows it's tip just ontop of the big rock in front of it, its still there dude its all a matter of angles and perpsective also elevation, the second photo seems to be taken from the right side and a bit more higher than the first pic maybe cause rover is going over a mound?. nothing here dude good try though...

[edit on 26/5/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well

My untrained eye notes this:

a simple wind could account for this...the object isnt missing, it simply is half covered in sand and the top is still poking out.

nothing I see is moved...now dont get me wrong, I think it would be grand to find evidence of moving stuff in mars, but this I see nothing great...the objects you point at are still there, just a bit more sandy...

As far as that dark rock in the middle of the two other rocks...its there in the first picture also, just more uncoverd in the second picture and a slight change in the angle, but if you look again, you will see that the rock is indeed there your referring to.

sorry...but keep looking, good to know people are studying pictures for anomolies

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If that is indeed a creature it could represent the martian version of shell-based creatures that live in a shell scavenged from the environment. Considering it makes no sense here on earth, it makes just as much sense in space. As for any other reason of movement, there might be force being exerted on the rocks by some martian creation or even natural events. I personally think it is some creature that has taken a rock as its form and home.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Excellent buddy! A star for you!
Also what free_spirit_earth just mentioned, one can see the top part of the rock behind the left stone.

I suppose we've now got the answer! I'll info Jo skipper about this and show your experiment to him. Let's see what he says!

Cheers!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

ExtraAlien, This was a very good experiment and thank you for the perspective demonstration. Parallax can be a tricky thing, but the think that gets me is your demonstration had a line of site near 0 degrees. The rover pics *appear* to be at a 15-30 degree angle. This greatly affects the illusion caused by perspective changes, mainly because you can get a better idea of distance on the object. There is no indication that the object in question is any further away from the rover than the others...

HOWEVER, after looking for a few minutes, I have a suggestion. There is an apparent differance in size between the rocks across two pictures. Scale is impossible to tell, unfortunately, but I am wondering if we are seeing some sort of shadow of the rover itself. The "head" that has been identified might actually be the camera itself.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
If you look at the first pic Mike you can see the top of the black rock that you think is missing or moved it shows it's tip just ontop of the big rock in front of it, its still there
[edit on 26/5/09 by free_spirit_earth]

Agreed, that was the first thing that caught my eye, the dark tip of the "moving object" can be seen poking from behind the big rock on the left, at least thats how it appears to me.

I commend your tireless investigating nonetheless mike.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thank you very much !!!!

From what i can make out of the original images, the camera came in low to the rocks, then began to move in a slight semi-circle around and upwards.

The second rock has a curve on its left side (my cork does not) and has added to the illusion.. you can also see much more of the top right portion of this same rock in the last photo.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
if you look at the last pic where the object has suposedly disappeared you can see it off to the right side laying on its side. you can see the liter part in the middle of the object so you would think its the same object.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There is a TV programme just on in the States last night, titled "Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed" done by a bloke in a mask.

Turns out he's a washed-up Vegas magician, Val Valentino.

Anyway, one 'reveal' was of a simple door in a frame, and a continuous camera shot, 360 circling shot with a Steadi-Cam, no cut-aways, no edits.

Basically, to 'disappear' from behind a two-inch thick door, all the 'magician' had to do was to run a few meters off stage while the camera's view of him was blocked. Since the camera has such a narrow field of view, it is easy, with proper choreography.

The entire 'illusion' was made quite obvious by an overhead shot.

I'll have to go with a trick of the light and perspective on this one -- unless there are anti-grav platforms for someone to re-position rocks without leaving footprints.....

[edit on 5/26/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think John Lear's astronauts who have supposedly been on Mars since 1965 are having some fun with the rovers. That makes as much sense as rock creatures.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Spirit Rover Moved the rocks.

2nd line

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Are we all in agreement that this indeed is the martian atmosphere? and not a studio?

Why is it when a good thread gets going parallax is bought in to the equation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join