It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'Moving' Object On Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here’s something that’s pretty intriguing. An object (Rock? Lifeform?) that’s part of a rocky outcrop, seems to have shifted its position! Check out the three photographs which have been taken by the Spirit Rover Navcam that apparently show an object on the left that seems to have mysteriously ‘moved’ to the centre and then finally disappeared! Here are the three photographs…

There is no object visible in the centre of the outcrop which I’ve marked with a white arrow:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/582e09dd6cf1.jpg[/atsimg]
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Now notice the object on the left of the outcrop. The yellow arrow indicates its apparent movement to its final position shown in the next photograph:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f865f68f1126.jpg[/atsimg]

And now the final image which shows the object in the centre of the outcrop:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00f55aede6c3.jpg[/atsimg]

If you compare the first and last photographs, it looks like the object has moved either under its own steam or placed there!

More perplexing is the image taken three days later, in the link below. There is NO object nearby that resembles the one that has now apparently disappeared! So where did it come from and where did it go?

Whatever, it’s got me stumped! But I'm sure there are image experts here who can solve this puzzle! So, what do you think happened here? Probably an image glitch which seems to be the most logical explanation. I mean...moving objects on Mars?
C'mon!

Cheers!

Thanks to Jo Skipper who’s found this very interesting anomaly!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
That is one HELL of an anomaly. I lined it up and gave my take on it:

+21 more 
posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
No expert, but from what I can see, the camera is taking shots from different positions.

The stones are all moving around. Look at the big rock to the right with the crak in it. You can't see the crack in one of the pictures. There is also a 'wedge' or 'shard' like stone on the ground in front of the cracked one that also appears to move.

You can also see the shape changes in the two rocks on the left.

The camera has moved around these rocks and the object that apears to have moved postion is behind these rocks at a distance and may only appear to have moved due to its location.

There appears to be a slight gradiant. Look at the very end of the arrow point.. you can see a line in the ground that goes off to the left.

Look at the object that moves, it is a different size and slightly different in shape once it has 'moved' between the two rocks.

I feel this may be nothing more than an optical illusion created by land gradients, stone locations and camera movement.

Nice find though Mike

They have moved the images around... picture 1 is th middle one with the arrow.
picture 2 is the top picture and picture 3 is the final one..look at them in that order and you can see how the camera moves around all the objects.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah, look at the angle the photos are taken, they are different, may only be by a meter or two, but they are two different angles.

The camera appears to have moved to the right and curved around a little too in the second shot.

link   
Im honestly stumped, what on Earth(or rather Mars
) is going on there........hmmm.

link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Those photos are the strangest thing I've seen since seeing what looks a lot like a pyramid on the moon. I normally am disappointed in the quality of moon rock photos but this is certainly a very interesting!

The only possibility I could think of besides intelligent being activity or really strange camera illusions are would be that the wind is blowing something around on Mars. But then if something is blowing around on Mars you'd have to wonder whether it is a life-form itself or harbors life.

Personally I'd never spend hours on end looking at random rock pictures, but I guess I'm glad there are people out there doing exactly that.

edit: After taking a look at both pictures for a while, I'm 99% sure it just a deceptively large change in viewing angle causing the apparent move. I think the rock that is moving is a lot further away than it looks in the photo because it is behind the hill those rocks in front of it are standing on. Too bad, I really liked the idea of intelligent rocks that move from place to place

[edit on 26-5-2009 by truthquest]

+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just think, one of the NASA photoshoppers is getting reprimanded right now... "Jerry, how the hell did you miss this one?! You were told to validate each grid EACH GRID JERRY!! This is the second mistake this week. Unacceptable!"

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
In Mikes post, using the two main rocks on the right as reference it does appear that the first picture is taken in what can be described as the centre position, the second taken from a position on the left and the third picture is taken from a position on the right.

In the first two pictures the rocks highlighted could have been obscured from view due to the different angles the pictures were taken at.

But in the third picture the rocks which appear in the centre should in theory have been in the centre (or slightly on opposing sides) in the first two pictures. Wierd.

All of the pictures have been taken on the same side of the rocks though.

Good find!!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah this is a pretty easy one. You can see the lighter rock to the left of the "object in the last screen". It has a sort of flatter surface than it's other side, you can tell it's been taken from a different angle.

No conspiracy here, just good ol' common sense & perspectives.... possibly angles too.... hmmmm...

As you can "sort" of see my point in my crude mock up. (MS PAINT baby yeah!!) it's just the cameras angle. As all of the rocks in the picture change their shape in both images.
ROCK A is most visibly different & the smaller rock underneath that is also a tell tale sign.

EDIT:: To show off my lame MS Paint skills & add more info. on what I mean.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by RenDMC]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by RenDMC]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Oooo this is creepy mike, it looks like the mars turkey has shown itself to the camera's.

Star and flagged, and another head scratcher.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, pictures are taken different positions. That left moving rock is FAR AWAY. When camera is moving left (3rd picture), that rock is between rocks.

Second picture small black rock in middle is visible because first picture it is behind big rock (right side).

[edit on 26-5-2009 by hande]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

How strong are the winds on Mars and the possibility that the stone can actually be pumice, very light. Wiki article on lava stone: en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting find though, its an anomaly

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Hi Extralien! Check out these two pics:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74b6c26b1a43.jpg[/atsimg]

Now the angles are not that much so as to change the perspective to such a great degree that it hides the object in question completely behind the rock on the left side!

But you may be right. It could be the angle of incidence that's resulting in this strange effect. The only point against this is the lateral shift of objects in the foreground appear to be far less than that as compared to the immediate background. In fact the nearer an object is, the more would be its displacement compared to objects farther away. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. It's just the opposite!

Cheers!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Please look to the bottom right of the images put together.

You can see what looks like a tail in the first shot and then what appears to be a spear head in the 2nd.

I'm stuggling to highlight and post the image. Arrrgh technology, sometimes I'm disappointed in you.

Can anyone else see what I'm talking about?

Remirah.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remirah
You can see what looks like a tail in the first shot and then what appears to be a spear head in the 2nd.
Can anyone else see what I'm talking about?
Remirah.

Is this what you're talking about?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44a94efb44ac.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Mike, I dont know what is more amazing: the possibility that a rock moved on mars or the fact that you spent a billion hours of time to find that it may have moved. So what would it really prove if it did move?

[edit on 5/26/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was looking through the master list page at different images after your find.

the two thumbnails, (Rear Hazcam :: Sol 1720 (2 images)), found here

Have either some fisheye type lense and the artifacts at the top of the pictures are part of something we sent, or, they are buildings.

Open the thumbnails and see what you think.

I am analysing the images you posted about as well and see other enomolies between other objects as well. I will note my findings and let you know in time.

S&F for you.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What a great find. Thanks for posting this. At first it did appear to be the position of the cameras changing perspective, but the second series you shot changes that opinion for me.

S&F.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wow that's pretty cool.

Maybe it some sort of rock creature?!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Mike, So what would it really prove if it did move?

Darn! Now why didn't I think of that?
I agree it's no big deal! Mars is probably swarming with rednecks! This guy was apparently taking potshots at the rover from behind those rocks! Good fire-and-move tactics, what? Lol!

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join