It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'Moving' Object On Mars!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

OK, here are the three "cross-eye" versions of the photos, presented as small images (to fit on ATS and because I think the smaller the image the easier it is to see the 3D effect), just click on the images for the full size versions.

Sol 1833 (this one gives a great idea of perspective)

Sol 1836

Sol 1843

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMaP! Those cross-eye 3-D images were amazing!

Having said that, if you look carefully in cross-eye mode, it gets intriguing when you observe the area of the outcrop and the area immediately above it, That area looks to be cut-out right across the image! Looks closer compared to the outcrop! If you look carefully for some time, you will see what I see!

Strange, what? Looks like the area immediately above the rocks (and following their contours) is a cut and paste job!!

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That is part of the rear hazcam concave mirror I designed onto the Mars Rovers 1987.Those are just some fasteners,and come up in many hazcam pics over 5 years when they are not cropped out.They cause confusion for many people when they look like they lie partially on the horizon.The interesting part is that the reflected "foil" image sometimes shows faces even when Nasa successfully masks out the rest of the pic but fail to look upwards at the mirror. This thread is so welcome for many reasons.I expect to be able to clarify the live faces involved in the mismatch and movement.
Here again 6 months from now another person will make the same MIRROR ERROR.Think of a cheap mylar looking surface that is bent that hangs under the deck of the rover above the rear haz cam from a foot overhead at the peak and bent downward toward the rear wheels.This allows a "Clear Space" in the rear which is taken up by the Microsopic Imager Arm in the front end. That Imager Arm could be used as a hydraulic jack to get the Spirit Rover UNSTUCK. I designed it for that dual purpose.It can be used as a PUSHER ARM,especially with good power from the cleared of solar panels power with each windstorm wind cleaning.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

you guys are so funny. you do know that mars has dust storms blowing HUNDREDS of miles an hour right? rocks get pushed with wind....derr....

can't believe you found a conspiracy out of a rock...
peace.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemoglobin

Hemo....granted, high winds can do amazing things. We've seen it here on Earth, in Death Valley, for instance...(sorry, don't have links, someone will find them...)

Also, F3 to F5 tornadoes....wow!!! Those winds can create incredible damage, and result in something like a wood 2X4 piercing a cinder-block wall, for instance.

BUT -- per the OP, mikesingh's intent, we simply do not have the atmospheric density, on Mars, to account for wind-only movement of largish rocks. Dust and other light-wieight detritus, certainly.....

Still....good thinking, outside the box, and all that. Perhaps, since it is an alien planet, our conceptions and experiences don't hold true...

Side note (haven't seen a thread started yet) the Rover Spirit is stuck in some soft sand/dust, and NASA are figuring out how to extricate the Rover...should be interesting....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

that rock is not large at all, it is rather small, spirit is a fairly small rover. that rock is probably the size of my hand.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemoglobin

True, true....except, what is there to provide a scale for comparison?

Also, when looking at the OP's, mikesingh's, photos....I see something that look like shadows. Has anyone seen that as well?? Or, just me?

It's fun to see the anomolies that people can find, but every thing that is presented must, by definition, be subjected to extreme scrutiny.

It is the nature of the beast.......

Cheers!!!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

indeed weedwhacker...indeed =)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Having said that, if you look carefully in cross-eye mode, it gets intriguing when you observe the area of the outcrop and the area immediately above it, That area looks to be cut-out right across the image! Looks closer compared to the outcrop! If you look carefully for some time, you will see what I see!

If I look carefully in cross-eye mode I will get dizzy.

But yes, I see what you mean (it's also visible in the red-blue version), but not only the smaller images make the smaller changes less noticeable, even the small mounds and outcrops in Mars are steeper than on Earth, maybe because of the smaller gravity, and that was one of those small outcrops that, along with a very loose, fine dust that became a trap for Spirit, that almost (I hope) has its "belly" upon the small outcrop.

This almost innocent looking small rocky mound in the middle, just above and to the left of the whitish rock, is where Spirit is trapped.

And this is what it looks in 3D.

(You can click on the images for full size versions)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Whenever I hear people talk about UFO's or life on other planets. I have to ask. Have you ever heard of the "Anthropic Principles" or 109 reasons why life can only happen on this planet?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Very interesting -- unless doctored -- there is a great looking mushroom on the right in the 2nd photo. The 1st and third photos almost look like something had replaced it entirely. In the 3rd photo, at the same location, it looks as if two life forms are raising their snake like hoods at each other?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the winds on mars are suppossed to be fairly strong. maybe that's what was underneath. just like our own deserts. reminds me of another shot taken from the same camera. looks like a carved skull just sitting in the middle of nowhere mars.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To me, the large rock on the right with the spear-like tail and neck or arm-like appendage in front with what looks like a claw is really some sort of animal. It almost looks like an armadillo.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyRaincheck

Very good you pointed that out"eel-like appendage".Let's say you had giant insectoids on Mars with head the size of a pillow.That "eel-like appendage" would be like a pincher or antennae feeler off the head.These smoother than normal large "rocks" have been seen for 5 years.This one would have been several feet long. In this case however,I'm not so lucky because that's not pichers or jaw parts or antennae or head feelers,but is merely a serpent that Nasa totally masked as without features,and it also DISAPPEARS from different shots of the same scene.Serpents,especially LIVE ONES tend to move.
The last 2 pics are a model of Mars Faces from another source for comparison.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Did anyone even bother to look at RenDMC's astute response to this post and his image.

I looked at this for one second and saw two shots from a different perspective.

Please look at this.

There is not much to this pic mike... Just martian rocks. It is a matter of perspective.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuff1

Whenever I hear people talk about UFO's or life on other planets. I have to ask. Have you ever heard of the "Anthropic Principles" or 109 reasons why life can only happen on this planet?

And have you heard of the Reverse Anthropic Principle (RAP)?

It is possible, however, that the anthropic principle works in reverse: such as that the only universe that we can observe is one compatible with human life. In other words, if the universe did not support life, we would not be here to question why it did not. We require the universe, not the other way around.

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodline

Agreed! That's the most logical explanation that has been discussed! What hasn't been noticed however is the base of that 'moving' rock in relation to the one immediately to its left. The former doesn't seem to be further away, but in the same line. If that be the case, then parallax isn't the answer. Check it out!

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here's the smoking gun.I hesitated to mess too much with the original just to show the FACE.The mailbox sized body elongated has a face at the end.It's alive and crawls around.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I was at first blown away by this from the original persons cropped versions. However, if you look at the bigger pictures you can tell it's just an angle illusion. The cropped versions just fuel the illusion. If you look at the second picture, the rock appears to be right near the left of the two big rocks. However in reality it's just further in the background. The thing that helps this illusion the most is how the rocks kind of sit on sloped terrain. The darker rock in question is not on the slope, but because of the angle and size it still looks close up. In actuality, it is further back.

Then when you look at the third picture it looks like it moved to be in the middle. In reality if you keep with the idea that the rock is further back and imagine yourself moving to the angle of the second pic, you'll see how it's just a rock further back.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Looks kinda photoshopped to me? Loads of the rocks are missing from the first photo compare with 2nd one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join