It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Time to emigrate

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
If anyone looks at swine flu leaflet pdf, does the guy on the front cover remind you of Dr Cox from Scrubs or is it just me?

You are right, it is Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

I think it is interesting that there are like 6,000 posts on this thread alone, but the MSM seems to be forgeting about this story, Mexico is re-opening, etc...

Meanwhile, Chrysler was stolen and sold to the the Union and a Foreign Company, but no one cares.

Chrysler won't repay bailout money

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamana

Originally posted by Burred_Dawg

Originally posted by yzzyUK
the lady who died yesterday was pregnant...

Actually, she had just given birth.

Does anyone know anything about the health of the baby? Was it transferred to the baby during pregnancy?

nooo she was pregnant... went into a coma... had a C section... then allowed to die.

She had not given birth, the baby was 'removed' for want of a better word

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Canada: Number of confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases reaches 190 nationwide. #swineflu

Does anyone here have a fairly accurate tally of the confirmed cases?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This hiney flu has a long 'attack mode' sorry to be morbid and be looking at days etc but the 18 month old took 20 days from DX to death.

The poor teacher who died took 20-ish days also if the media are right...

there is no [as far as I can see] data regarding any other h1n1 death.

Also... no data explaining if the 18 month old and the teacher were on wave 2 of flu or if this was their 1st bout.

20 days though.... for 'mild' flu?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Yup. The best source for confirmed Canadian cases is @ the Public Health Agency Of Canada website. It's updated every day @ 3PM (EDT).
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

201 confirmed Canadian cases (May 6, 2009).

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In regards to my last post... is there anywhere that has any case history for the Mexican dead?

ie when DX and when they died....?

I just find 20+ days a loooong time for a 'flu' especially a 'mild flu' to be apparent enough for DX and then to progress to kill.... It 'could' mean the virus was in the person for a month or longer?

Especially as the dead are reported to be 'already compromised' by other sickness / weakness / ailments....

no?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 18
www.who.int...

6 May 2009 -- As of 16:00 GMT, 6 May 2009, 23 countries have officially reported 1893 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 942 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 29 deaths. The United States has reported 642 laboratory confirmed human cases, including two deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (165), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Colombia (1), Costa Rica (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (2), France (5), Germany (9), Guatemala (1), Ireland (1), Israel (4), Italy (5), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (5), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (2), Spain (73), Sweden (1), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (28).

UPDATE 1-New U.S. flu plant to boost vaccine availability
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I think the general idea flying around at the moment is that most of the deaths occured from secondary respitory infections such as bacterial pneumonia.

So people are actually getting over the flu, but because of thier immune systems being bashed, they are contracting secondary infections.

Please don't quote me on this, it's just something i've picked up from various articles i've been reading.

Edit: Can't type today!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
confirmed case in Northants UK apparently now... waiting for link

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Four more adult cases of swine flu have been confirmed in England, taking the UK total to 32, officials have said.

They are from Tameside in Greater Manchester, Northamptonshire, Clacton in Essex, and the West Midlands area, the Health Protection Agency confirmed.

source... bbc news website

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by yzzyUK

I think the general idea flying around at the moment is that most of the deaths died from secondary respitory infections such as bacterial pneumonia.

So people are actually getting over the flu, but because of thier immune systems being bashed, they are contracting secondary infections.

Please don't quote me on this, it's just something i've picked up from various articles i've been reading.

So rather like the "dont panic about AIDS people... it's nothing... these people are dying from XYZ not AIDS!"

To then have Tv adverts and panic mailings through our doors telling us "erm... actually yeah... you better stop what you're doing and read this!"

Dont ya just love TPTB!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Look at this pathetic 'update'

www.who.int...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 17
It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders.

There is no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products.

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

People who are ill should delay international travel????

No freak'n kidding!
They should be home and not traveling in their own countries either.

Hell .. EVERYONE should be staying in their own countries at this point.

No closing of borders? Of course not .. because the freak'n idiots running the world didn't close off Mexico when they should have.

Last .. remember to wash your hands and eat lots of pork because it isn't contaminated ....

God help us. The world is run by morons!!

imao good old common sence.......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I was given another contributing factor to the suppression of press reports right now. I'm being told the US healthcare system is on the brink of being overwhelmed with patients, both the severely ill on ventilators and the flood of "walking wounded" coming into ER's to get Tamiflu.

I'm trying to confirm this as we have reports from some hospitals that they aren't seeing much action. If these are places in rural areas or on the outer edges of the spread / smaller hospitals with few ventilators - it may be a matter of time for them or we may even start hearing about patients being transported to places far away from home.

Anyway, the idea may be to try and keep people who are sick at home and delay them coming into the system until they get seriously ill.

The second death had underlying issues due to being very overweight and having diabetes. The best estimate of a time line on her case is 20 days which once again points to the same intel we've been getting which has the CDC and WHO so worried.

Between 20 and 30 days from the swarm of the first US infected we may see a huge rise in the number of deaths. If so, the news on this could get a lot worse.

There was a single report from a clinic in a small Mexican town who claimed they were seeing a different strain of flu during the initial H1N1 outbreak. They reported it as being a H3 variant. I saw a post earlier today that the major news media had finally picked up on that and it's being looked at (3 weeks later) by the WHO. Better late than never, I suppose.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ahh Eco... glad I'm not the only one thinking the whole 20+ day thing is 'different'

It's one thing not wanting citizens to panic ... but it's totallly brain slapping when you dont WANT to panic but can't sit still knowing you are being played.......

the foolish will ALWAYS panic even with information.

The others will work the info to help society... makes you wonder what's / who's working the puppets up at world HQ !!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
On our local radio station tonight, coming home it was announced that Indiana now has 28 confirmed cases up from 15 yesterday.

They are making a huge deal, however, about how all of the previously closed schools are re-opening and students/teachers will be returning sooner than expected...

This is so wierd I can't believe it. I had to look really hard to even find which schools had confirmed cases because they are only announcing them by county...I feel sorry for anyone with children in school right now. It's a good thing the school year is almost over...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'll post what i posted on the other updates thread.....

*Confirmed numbers rapidly rising on a daily basis

*The WHO teetering on the edge of raising the pandemic level to 6

*Governments forking out lots of money in response to pandemic preparedness plans whilst we are in the midst of a global economic crisis.

*Conflicting media reports coming from everywhere

We now have an MSM blackout on the the H1N1 story

Excuse me while i ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

What the # is going on?

Something is definately wrong with this picture!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
During the 2007 -2008 Influenza season, me and my son got the flu. It was the first time in 10 years, that I had been sick. I have to tell you, I thought I was literally going to die. I ran a temperature of 104 for 6 days. I could barely get enough air to cough which I did over and over for days. My muscles hurt so bad, that I thought my back was going to break! Never in my life had I been this sick. It took 7 days to feel even a little better. Hind sight, well, I probably should have been in the hospital, but I was too weak to move!! For the first three days I slept barely able to swallow a sip of water to get down tylenol!!

On the 9th day I started experiencing severe dizziness, slight nausea, and excruciating ear pain! I was in so much pain, I went to an urgent care. Now being a nurse, I avoid doctor's and hospital's at all cost. It's just what we do.

I was diagnosed with bilateral(both) ear infections and so much fluid on in both ears, my eardrums almost burst! I was given antibiotics, ear drops, pain medicine, and antihistamines. The entire illness took 2 weeks. My son was extremely ill like me minus the ear problems. He was 10 when this happened.

Here is what I found out about the Influenza for 2007-2008.

What flu viruses circulated this season?

In the United States, influenza A (H1N1), A (H3N2) and B viruses co-circulated throughout the season. Influenza A viruses accounted for 71% of the specimens testing positive for flu by public health laboratories while influenza B viruses accounted for 29%. Early in the season, influenza A (H1N1) viruses predominated, however, as the season progressed, an increasing proportion of sub-typed* influenza A viruses were influenza A (H3N2) viruses. Late in the season, when overall influenza activity was declining, influenza B viruses were more commonly reported than influenza A viruses. Overall, for the 2007-08 U.S. flu season, influenza A (H3N2) viruses were most commonly reported. * Sub typing is the process of identifying an influenza A virus by its genetic and antigenic (biological) properties to determine if it is an influenza A (H3N2) or influenza A (H1N1) virus. Flu A viruses are sub typed in public health laboratories, such as state department of health laboratories and CDC Influenza Division laboratories.

I wonder if my son and I will have any immunity?

link:[www.cdc.gov...]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
DOD Global Surveillance Summary-Novel Influenza A/H1N1
The DOD had a big jump today in cases in the military.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Counting only confirmed cases at approx. 2303(Wiki) and 42 confirmed deaths that is around 1.9% mortality rate in a very short period of time. My question is how can anyone claim this is less dangerous than regular flu?

Even if we moderately estimate a new infection for every one person that has it already that is approx. 4600 infected tomorrow etc.. which will lead to more deaths because we all don't have immunities. It is time to stop some movement of infected people is it not?

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join