It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 302
<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

That sounds exactly what happened to me around Christmas 2007 and early into New Year 2008.

I was so ill i couldn't get out of bed for a week. When i started to feel a little bit better, i got ear aches and pains in my chest with difficulty breathing, was feeling dizzy and nausious. i just wanted to get back into bed and curl up. I went to the Medical Centre and was told i had inner ear infections in both ears and a chest infection (i was lucky the Docs was about 2 mins away from where i was living at that time). I left, armed with antibiotics and went back home to bed. When i would get up to go to the toilet i almost fell over i was so dizzy and weak. after a few more days in bed coupled with the antibiotics i started to feel much better, but the whole of January it felt like my head was constantly submerged under water as i could barely hear anything and had an awful cough. I lost quite a bit of weight also.

Funnilly enough, i didn't even get a cold last winter.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Swine flu game - to ease the tension

LINK

Sneeze - totally addictive

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Swine flu game - to ease the tension

LINK

Sneeze - totally addictive

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

God help us. The world is run by morons!!

It is, and it's filled with them to the brim.

I went shopping yesterday evening. Late in the evening. A elderly gentleman was sneezing, coughing, and hacking all over the place. Thank goodness, he had just hobbled in after I had already finished my shopping.
I live in a small town. One of the cashiers who knew him asked him if he was OK and he responded that he had a fever and had to get a few things before taking to his bed.

A woman with a small child, who saw that the man was sick bolted from the store leaving her basket behind. One of the cashiers offered to take a list from the man and have him sit in his car while they got his things and he declined the offer.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Seems the second person in the US to get sick a young girl in Califorina went to the Mid-Winter Fair in Imperial County Fair shortly before getting sick where they had a FFA pig show.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 6-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Do you happen to have a link for the article that says that ?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mexico has been unable to perform tests on a large number of the dead. No word as to why not, how many will not be tested, etc. I believe the original MX death tolls were accurate if not understated even then. They were not confirming the infections with testing though.

Because of this we don't know for sure how many really died of H1N1 in Mexico or if there was another virus / disease / infection at play.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I finally received news from my source at the CDC......Again I am only passing information as it was given to me........

Originally when this started I was told this virus could go through three phases......

We are now at phase two I was told. This is where the viuse is constantly mutating from person to person.

Interesting information. My understanding of past Flu pandemics (1899 and 1918) was that there were three phases to each. In the case of the 1889 outbreak, the first phase mild, the second a bit more virulent and the third claimed the majority of lives lost.

The 1918 Pandemic was a bit different; first mild, second was the most virulent and most deaths occurred at this point and the third was less potent than the second but more so than the first phase.

I believe, however, that in each case, it took 6-8 months for the second phase to become active. Your information seems to suggest phase two is underway now. That seems highly unusual.

While researching the earlier pandemics, I came across a 2006 Summit at which John Barry (Author of The Great Influenza) spoke about the need for readiness in anticipation of the next outbreak. I found his description of the Govt's handling of the 1918 virus to be frighteningly similar to what is happening today:

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

To drive home the importance of preparedness, Barry talked about the widespread failure of public officials in 1918 to level with the public about the influenza threat.

In an atmosphere of rigid wartime censorship, enforced by laws that "make the Patriot Act look like a resolution of the ACLU," any utterance that could have been construed as harmful to public morale was punishable, he explained.

Hence, public officials mostly downplayed or lied about the pandemic, saying things like, "This is ordinary influenza by another name," Barry said. Rather than allaying fear and panic, this approach increased them.

But there were a few places "that sort of did prepare and did tell the truth from the beginning," he said. "In San Francisco, the city from day 1 told the truth about the disease." As a result, "you didn't get the panic and social breakdown that you got elsewhere."

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Great find here Hx3..........
[url=http://]

Swine Flu Has Existed Since Sept., Analysis Suggests
www.washingtonpost.com...

I heard a report somewhere from some scientist that this virus as in this report started around Sept 08.........He also stated that the virus has mutated 24 times as of the start of this issue in April........Your hard work pulling information just verified what I thought I heard........

What makes this important is the information that I received from my source at CDC.....I was told the virus was in phase two........

What this means is that the virus is mutating from one person to another as well as the possibility of animals.......

Another poster questioned how could it be in phase 2 when compared to the spanish flu in 1918..... It took 6 months before it moved into phase 2.......

Hearing that this virus started in Sept of 08 gives great concern from what I heard from the CDC........If it started in Sept 08 then this virus is following the same path as the flu of 1918........

From this thread we see all the sick........and watch the H1N1 rate of infection climb......we know they are keeping the deaths under rap....

Thanks (I guess
) for finding this article.........Its a great source for the argument of whats going on with this virus the media via government is not telling us........

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Huh what speed H1N1 is spreading!

According to wikipedia over the last 24h (Tuesday 1478 confirmed) +975 confirmed cases (Wednesday 2303 Cases)

That means flu has spread even more than "Worst Case Scenario" predictions told us last week... And almost total blackout in MSM!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well, luckily that is confirmed infected and not dead, WHo has not released any information on how people with access to very good medical care are doing. I would really like to see a comparison on Mexican death toll to some wealthy part of Europe or the USA, my fear is that it is inadequate medical care that is the problem in Mexico.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Numbers has change over the week so much - specially from Mexico, that I dont rely on numbers very much...

I think situation is far more worst than informed --- But its all about money. I keep following Flu, but many has gone to that MSM trap --- "There is nothing to see here, go back to your slavery" --- I dont buy it.

But in my eyes, is the numbers "fixed" or not, - official numbers are still doubling every day: That really raise some deep concerns.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Re-Posts from earlier...

SWINE FLU - PANDEMIC OR A BETA TEST
illseed.com...

Unless you are from Mars or live in a cave, you probably know that there is an outbreak of swine flu in Mexico. As of today (April 29th), there have been over 100 deaths in Mexico from a new flu strain. It’s actually not swine flu, since the virus has not been isolated in pigs. It would be more logical to call the virus “North American Flu” based on its geographic origin. But for the sake of clarity, I’ll refer to the virus as “swine flu” in this article.
More at Link...
NAU Flu Hmmm

WHO says H1N1 pigs must be kept out of food supply
www.reuters.com...

* WHO expert says flu viruses can survive freezing

* Blood of H1N1 infected pigs may also contain virus

* Meat from sick pigs or pigs found dead must not be eaten
More at Link...

Great...now...what about us?!?

ISU Researcher Develops H1N1 Vaccine For Pigs

www.kcci.com...

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm perplexed and confused and have no idea what to think anymore. Not because of all of the conflicting reports by WHO, CDC and MSM..BUT...by what my dad is not saying...

He is a VERY well known physician, author, and is head of a department at a major University here in the United States. His latest book is about Bio-terrorism. He works closely with CDC and is an advisor to Homeland Security.

A couple of years ago he had an emergency family meeting..about Bird Flu. He explained to us that we are due for a Pandemic, and that if it happened we were all to confine ourselves at their house (in the country).

NOW...he doesn't really "know" anything about H1N1..he said that it's being blown out of porportion and until CDC alerts him to the contrary it's just a "mild" flu strain. I KNOW that he loves his family more then life itself..but I kind of feel like he should not be relying on updates from CDC...I just don't know.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Huh what speed H1N1 is spreading!

According to wikipedia over the last 24h (Tuesday 1478 confirmed) +975 confirmed cases (Wednesday 2303 Cases)

That means flu has spread even more than "Worst Case Scenario" predictions told us last week... And almost total blackout in MSM!

A lot of the numbers you are seeing now are coming from test results. There are hundreds perhaps thousands more samples awaiting testing and as they either confirm or exclude cases of infection the numbers will change. If you keep watching the numbers you will only get more confused.

This H1N1 bug has been way over hyped, it has proven to be not more serious than the common flu. Which kills tens of thousands yearly.

If you are looking for something to scare you about this virus, look into the severity of confirmed cases, the number of deaths and you will find that the vast majority of cases only get mild symptoms with very low death rate when compared to other flu viruses.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Great...now...what about us?!?

ISU Researcher Develops H1N1 Vaccine For Pigs

www.kcci.com...

i cant wait for the human version of the vaccine. give me the pig medicine

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by notcrazyinaustin

Very nice to have you here, sir.

I hope you inform what ever you get from this - having it any sense in your mind or not - that is up to very sophisticated ATS community to decide.

We need informants like you - wellcome - share your thoughts.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Swine Influenza A (H1N1) Infection in Two Children --- Southern California, March--April 2009

Patient B. CDC received an influenza specimen on April 17, 2009, that had been forwarded as an unsubtypable influenza A virus from the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, California. CDC identified this specimen as a swine influenza A (H1N1) virus on April 17, 2009, and notified the California Department of Public Health. The source of the specimen, patient B, is a girl aged 9 years who resides in Imperial County, California, adjacent to San Diego County. On March 28, 2009, she had onset of cough and fever (104.3°F [40.2°C]). She was taken to an outpatient facility that was participating in an influenza surveillance project, treated with amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium and an antihistamine, and has since recovered uneventfully. The child had not received influenza vaccine during this influenza season. The patient and her parents reported no exposure to pigs, although the girl did attend an agricultural fair where pigs were exhibited approximately 4 weeks before illness onset. She reported that she did not see pigs at the fair and went only to the amusement section of the fair. The Imperial County Public Health Department and the California Department of Public Health are now conducting an investigation to determine possible sources of infection and to identify any additional human cases. The patient's brother aged 13 years had influenza-like symptoms on April 1, 2009, and a male cousin aged 13 years living in the home had influenza-like symptoms on March 25, 2009, 3 days before onset of the patient's symptoms. The brother and cousin were not tested for influenza at the time of their illnesses.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Star 4 U !

Great Find !

I cross-posted it on the other for chise61

South Korea reports third confirmed case of swine flu
Updated May 07, 2009 09:10 AM
www.philstar.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting. I sometimes come across psychic's predictions. I print them up, put in a drawer, and check months later to see if they came true--just for fun. On Jan 1st, 2009, I came across Joseph Tittel's on the www. He has posted many predictions for the 2009 and so far his track record is very good. When the swine flu showed up, I remembered a prediction of his where he saw an airborne disease in a foreign country and people wearing face masks. It states on his site that he gets visions in the form of newspaper headlines. He has recently added a comment to this prediction as many of his blog followers have contacted him since the SF started.
Joseph Tittel:
# I see face masks in my meditation and feel that it would be related to some type of air born disease. This will be in a foreign country which may end be closed off from the rest of the world. It could also be related a some type of disaster that leaves dead bodies rotting in turn causing disease and of course a horrible odor.
# UPDATE 4-28-09 - By now we have all heard about the Swine Flu outbreak. What we have been seeing on the news beginning with Mexico is exactly what I was seeing in my meditation while preparing these predictions. It is very possible that Mexico may end up being closed off from the U.S. in due time. As far as the bodies and smell in my prediction, this is also likely to happen if this Swine Flu outbreak worsens. If it hits poverty stricken areas hard they may not be able to keep up with the body count. Another thing I'm starting to have visions of is piles of bodies being thrown in holes and burned. Not sure if it is related to this or not. If this does occur it would most likely be confined mostly to one country. This Swine Flu will hit world wide but will remain the worst in Mexico and possible move into India and hit hard there also. It will also baffle doctors and scientist as the strain begins to change from one place to another. For example, you may have a better chance of survival if you get this swine flu in one area compared to another area, or one strain of swine that differs from others. This will pan out over the next few months. At some point they will come up with a cure or vaccine or both. This will get really bad though, I have to be honest. And the government is not telling you the truth, which is no surprise. Personally I don't think I will be eating any pork in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<< 299  300  301    303  304  305 >>

join