It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 300
<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just in:

]Here

CDC: WHO expected to declare official pandemic
By Val Brickates Kennedy
Last update: 2:04 p.m. EDT May 6, 2009

BOSTON (MarketWatch) -- Officials for the Centers for Disease Control said Wednesday that they expect the World Health Organization to declare an official pandemic of the A/H1N1 virus because it has detected sustained human-to-human transmission in a region other than North America, where the virus was first identified. By declaring a pandemic, the WHO would raise its alert rating from the current level 5 to level 6. The CDC also said there are now 1,487 reported cases of the virus in the U.S. Of those, 642 have been confirmed with a special laboratory test. Two of the victims, both in Texas, have died. Cases of the virus have been confirmed in 41 states, with Illinois topping the list at 122.

CDC is expecting Level 6... not good.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
so when its level 6, what changes society wise ?
all i want to know is when am i allowed not to go to work ? ( UK )

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I just have to thank you for posting these natural remedies! So, thank you. It is the single most important post on the entire thread IMO and hopefully many people will understand and take the advice seriously. Its all about taking personal responsibility instead of depending on someone else. Nature does best what man can only imitate by producing alarmingly poor (although economically profitable) substitutes.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

"I was interested to hear on BBC radio that the British government was giving free “silver water” to their citizens during the outbreak. "

Really, is this something british doctors endorse or what does it really say, that somone in the british goverment suggested the use of collodial silver against a/h1n1 ? Great recipes for common colds though, thanks.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
CDC is expecting Level 6... not good.

It was .. according to their own standards .. a level six WEEKS AGO!
:shk: They are either asleep at the switch or they are controling information.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK
the lady who died yesterday was pregnant...

Actually, she had just given birth.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I stand corrected.

I live near Heathrow on the outskirts of London, UK and my area has recieved the lovely Swine Flu leaflet. I live in block of flats and there was a pile of them on the floor by the door in the main corridor of my block.

Link to site with Swine Flu Information Leaflet

If anyone looks at swine flu leaflet pdf, does the guy on the front cover remind you of Dr Cox from Scrubs or is it just me?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burred_Dawg

Originally posted by yzzyUK
the lady who died yesterday was pregnant...

Actually, she had just given birth.

Does anyone know anything about the health of the baby? Was it transferred to the baby during pregnancy?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

There seems to be very little information about it, i can hardly find anything.

Most of the articles seem to say she was a woman in her 30's with underlying health conditions.

I did remember seeing an article saying that the baby was delivered by cessarian section last week and is doing fine, but the lady took a turn for the worst and died....I can't find that article now.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Look at this pathetic 'update'

www.who.int...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 17
It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders.

There is no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products.

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

People who are ill should delay international travel????

No freak'n kidding!
They should be home and not traveling in their own countries either.

Hell .. EVERYONE should be staying in their own countries at this point.

No closing of borders? Of course not .. because the freak'n idiots running the world didn't close off Mexico when they should have.

Last .. remember to wash your hands and eat lots of pork because it isn't contaminated ....

God help us. The world is run by morons!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Look at this pathetic 'update'

www.who.int...

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 17
It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders.

There is no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products.

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

People who are ill should delay international travel????

No freak'n kidding!
They should be home and not traveling in their own countries either.

Hell .. EVERYONE should be staying in their own countries at this point.

No closing of borders? Of course not .. because the freak'n idiots running the world didn't close off Mexico when they should have.

Last .. remember to wash your hands and eat lots of pork because it isn't contaminated ....

God help us. The world is run by morons!!

I took the update as "Hey, if you travel and you are sick and a foreign country puts you up in a hotel and you are not allowed to leave until several days pass, well we advised you not to travel."

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Navy helicopter has crashed in San Diego killing two on board. San Diego is where the DOD-GEIS is located which is the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) which conducts laboratory-based epidemiological studies of viral and bacterial pathogens. San Diego is where the first case of swine flu was reported in the US a young boy who was a military family member. The samples were taken by the Navy tested and sent to CDC for confirmation. San Diego is also where the Navy ship with 50 serviceman on board have flu like symptoms and one is confirmed by CDC to have swine flu. All on board the ship are taking antiviral drugs.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I heard this on the radio last night fox news. Obama speaking about flu
epidemic. I cannot find a transcript anywhere today but he said."Companies are working diligently to produce a vaccine by the fall, We would be making those mandatory for all people in the U.S. In fact they will probably need 2 vaccinations each; and we will certainly have enough."

I was able to find this blip about Government wanting MANDATORY VACCINATIONS!

However, like the hysteria surrounding man-made global warming, the U.S. Government maintains that mandatory vaccination is still needed, and that the danger of a worldwide pandemic still exists, hence pulling corporations like Baxter into the mix to inoculate the people with a vaccine that, based on past reports, may possibly be tainted.

There is NO WAY on GOD'S GREEN EARTH THAT I,OR ANY MEMBER OF MY FAMILY WILL TAKE THIS!!!!!!

I have an autistic son due to what me, my doctor's, and many others believe were his MMR vaccine!!

link:[www.americandailyreview.com...]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I heard the same thing this morning on NBC. Each state in US has guidelines on vaccinations and how individuals can opt out of the vaccines--for religious reasons for example. Would these still apply under mandatory regulations or would our freedom of religion be taken away for example. In the state in which I reside, I opt out for my children for personal reasons.

link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Obama actually said Americans will have to have a mandatory vaccination?

That is so wrong on so many levels.

link   
Pork safe to eat despite WHO warning: Ritz

Canada's agriculture minister says pork remains safe to eat despite a warning by the World Health Organization that the swine flu virus might survive freezing and could be in the thawed meat and blood of infected pigs.

"Canadian pork is safe. There is no danger. Bottom line: Canadian pork is safe," Gerry Ritz said Wednesday after serving up pork sandwiches to MPs and government workers at a luncheon on Parliament Hill.

Earlier in the day, however, the director of WHO's Department of Food Safety, Zoonoses and Foodborne Diseases told Reuters the blood of pigs infected with a swine subtype of H1N1 might contain the virus.

Jorgen Schlundt cautioned against eating meat from sick and dead pigs infected with the swine flu since the virus might survive the freezing process and be present in thawed meat and blood.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
USS Dubuque (LPD 8), an amphibious transport dock ship, configured with humanitarian civic assistance equipment and supplies and a robust multi-specialized team of preventive medicine personnel, veterinarians, medical and dental teams and engineering personnel.
So the Navy ship with sick sailors is a medical ship based out of the Naval Health Research Center .

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I can all but guarantee you that they have canceled the mission because it is appearing to take up to 3 weeks for the second half of the "piggy flu bug" to come back around in the person who had over come it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

Hi Mamana, i found this in reply to your question about the Texan woman who died of H1N1.....

Article on Houston Chronicle Website

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well it appears that after recent developments I need to revise my sig down from 'Swine Flu deaths 1 or 2 per day' to 'less than 1 per day'

And many of you guys are still ranting on like we are all going to die tomorrow!

Thanks Spinky for the nat. health remedies. I'll second all of that except for the colloidal silver, and post again, that anyone who finds themselves in the 'thick of it' without access to fancy health food stores and MLM type herbal preperations, then just grab a handful of garlic and eat it raw. 6 cloves a day will clear your body of just about ANY virus, bacteria or fungus that isn't good for you, whilst at the same time PRESERVING your friendly intestinal flora - something the medical drugs are not able to do.

Garlic lasts for a while, and you can juice it and add olive oil or vinegar to preseve it longer, so next visit to the supermarket for those emergency ration canned veggies and spam, get yourself a few pounds of garlic.

top topics

<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join