It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 297
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A friend of mine who lives in Massachusetts is infected with H1N1. Within four days 6 of her friends became infected. She has taken Tamiflu and injections. Spoke with her last night, she says the medication is not working and is only getting worse. Today she is back in the hospital.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
What seems strange is that the news about this virus has died over here in Holland a couple of days ago but news radio over here is reporting on something called "Q-fever".....

Q-Fever

I never heard of it before but according to the media this has been an issue for about a year now and finds it's origin in goats. It's transmittable to humans and you could get a severe pnumonia...???

very odd indeed!

The number of cases of Q fever reported among humans in the Netherlands has risen 'explosively' over the past few weeks, the Volkskrant reports on Wednesday. The paper says over 200 cases have been reported in recent days, half of them in Noord-Brabant province. Q fever was rarely known among humans until 2007, when 168 cases were reported. Last year there were more than 1,000 instances in the Netherlands. Q fever is spread by livestock which shed the bacteria in urine, faeces, birth products and milk. The bacteria reach humans after faeces and dirty straw is used as fertiliser and blown about, the Volkskrant says. The disease, which leads to spontaneous abortion in sheep and goats, causes flu-like symptoms in humans but can lead to lung infections.

SOURCE

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is by far one of the most bizarre things I have ever witnessed.

As I was falling asleep last night and then again when I woke up in the middle of the night I heard Anderson Cooper state that now the whole way of handling this is changing. He said US officials are saying there is no need to close schools as this virus is not lethal???? And how do they know this so soon???

Here is a couple of links to articles stating this

www.thedailybeast.com...

www.boston.com...

Well, this is a big change wouldn't you say? I didn't find any mention of this on the thread, if I missed it my apologies. I just cannot understand the vast difference in approaches to this, it boggles my mind! I would really like to know what other nations are doing in this regard, I suck at searches and can't seem to find much.

I just don't know what to think about this. Perhaps we should call this the "Misinformation Flu".

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I will say again, that h1n1 was made in america, and released in mexico. They thought it would be worse than it was. They now see that it has not worked out like they have planned, and thats all it is.

They know it was relaesed in mexico.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm watching Sky News here in the UK and I don't think its even being mentioned... if it is then its so brief I've missed it.

I find this so strange given how they've done two TV adverts, leaflets and ordered equipment.

There's been no reports of any increases in numbers aside from ONE additional confirmed case reported late yesterday and even the BBC website still has the figure at 15 confirmed UK cases. It just doesn't add up... unless of course it has all stopped and there are no more people getting infected... which I don't believe for a second.

People around me seem to be unaware of it... to the point where two coworkers mentioned that their kids are sick with these symptoms and hadn't heard of swine flu until I told them. If somebody wants this to spread to everyone they are going about it the right way.

Something I don't understand... why is this website still active if there is a media blackout? Surely the contents of this thread would get it taken down if that was going on.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by mamana]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I cannot believe this has not been reported or even mentioned in the media! To me this seems every bit as important/alarming as this H1N1 flu!

What is going on in this world??? Thank you for finding and posting this information.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just arived at work........it is good that not all ATS members feel this "event" is over..........because its not..........There were many post yesterday on this forum and the other top swine forum concerning about military bases being put on alert.........

I feel if the CDC/Gov is hiding something and this is going to become worse, we will see the military make a move for what ever reason here domestically in the U.S.

I am not sure if anyone here saw my post concerning apachie helicopters in my small town yesterday.......I may have posted that info on the other thread.........Well they are still here.........We have never had apachie helicopters in our town before or any other type of military aviation flying around without cause.......

If anyone has relatives in the military based here in the U.S..........please make a call...........

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I will say again, that h1n1 was made in america, and released in mexico. They thought it would be worse than it was. They now see that it has not worked out like they have planned, and thats all it is.

They know it was relaesed in mexico.

I don't buy it one bit. You know the term "Don't Sh** Where You Eat"? You can pin a lot of badness on the US, but I seriously doubt they would release a virus as unpredictable as a flu strain right in their backyard... with a border that is so porous, it might as well not even exist.

I can entertain the notion that this might be man-made. I'll even consider that this could be bioterror (if a man is willing to blow himself up with a bomb strapped to his chest, I doubt he would hesitate about releasing a plague upon the world
but I can't see a single benefit to the US by being the deliberate culprit.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mamana

ATS is not part of the media...that's why. It's essentially just a forum where people post news and theories and discuss the news and theories

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Thats why countries have treated mexicans like sh1t and tried to keep them away from the public like in china.

the flu has not worked out like they had hoped and now they are just trying to cover up, and they do look like fools, for even raising an alarm. Though it is out there now, and no one knows what it will do, i doubt they think it will go as bad as what they and alot here think.

They are in the covering up phase of the operation.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Maybe i can add a little to your story about military activity because i noticed an increase of military vehicles on the dutch roads also.

Last year i moved to Germany just across the border from holland. Today on my way back from work (in Holland) into Germany i noticed that right before the border crossing there were military vehicles with personel just standing around doing noting....

There isn't a military base around here for miles and i have never seen them before.

Now this is not a motorway bordercrossing with checkpoint etc. but a small backroad which leads from one forest to an other. Usually very quiet and not much traffic. So i wonder what those vehicles are doing there....

I'm just finishing my coffee and then i'll go back to take some pictures. (if it takes me longer than ohhh 4 hours to re-post to this post you'll know i have been arrested...
)

Peace

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
For an event that is "dying down," it seems a little extreme that the Philippines wouldn't want to embrace their current favorite son, boxing champ Manny Pacquiao.

The Philippines has asked boxing idol Manny Pacquiao to delay his hero's return to the country as a precaution against the spread of swine flu from the United States...

The 30-year-old is a national hero in the Philippines where his bouts bring the country to a standstill. The nation planned a "national day of celebration" for him on Friday.

However, the country's health secretary on Wednesday told Pacquiao to go into self-quarantine, either in Los Angeles, California -- where he went with his family after his victory -- or in Manila. It means any celebration will have to be delayed...

"Essentially the recommendations are two," Duque told CNN. "One is that Manny Pacquiao imposes self-quarantine beginning today in Los Angeles and postpone his trip back to Manila for Monday. And then the other option is if he can't do that, he has to be quarantined here. He has to be told to impose self-quarantine as soon as he arrives in Manila."

The orders are the same for any traveler coming from Los Angeles, Duque said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Has it been posted on here, whith regardss to the Texan Woman who has died from this virus?

A Texas woman has become the first American swine flu patient to die, say health officials.
The woman, from Cameron County in Texas, had chronic underlying health conditions and died earlier this week, said the Texas Department of State Health services.

Sky News

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Well while being the comprehensive reader's you guys are and have been all along. You where given your answer in the article about the lady; as to why this has got them so scared...
THE SECOND INCUBATION PERIOD....this my love's is what is killing people. It makes it possible for a mass of various infections etc to take up residence in a very short time. From what I have been studying the flu on it's own when you first get it isn't "that" bad it is what you get a few weeks later that is reaking hell on their minds now.
The first serious outbreak started in Mexico in late Jan all the way through Feb it wasn't until March that they started to see people start to die.
Now mind you the first town had 3,000 people and 60% of them caught it with only 3 deaths of infant's that where later ruled to be from something else of course.
Now when it got into Mexico city it went ballistic and something must have changed because the people in the city started to die where as the people in the village didn't.From the original reports that wheren't scrubbed when the first death happened they had 1,000 people in the hospital on ventalator's etc. They said "HALF" recovered.
Now here we are month later and the people in the village are again getting some illness that is like the first only harder. Guess who changed the rules? Y
ou aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place to keep people under control and even then due to the exisiting data we have another 2 weeks or so before we start to hear of any large numbers of death if at all.
If the virus hasn't changed they will most likely just keep it quiet. If it has gotten worse they will have no choice but to let it out of the bag. They really do want people to build up immunities to it , the only problem is that most people are getting a second period of infection a few week's later. Kinda a catch 22 either you live through the second phase of it and get immunities or you die.

XOXO makes a very good point in her post......."You aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place". Now lets look at what we know and what we see in the media via government...........You see in all kinds of media "School Closings No Longer Advised For Swine Flu".........The first priority of any family is there kids..........If the media/gov tells everyone all is well keep kids in school this flu becomes a second thought.............With no panic the government can position itself for what ever measures are to come.........Military and Fema will be my focus.......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Try this?

Woman suspected to have died from swine flu ID'd
www.cnn.com...

?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It was also reported that an AID Ship had been stopped by US Navy, a member of the crew had the Virus, read it on sky news website, but it has been removed for some reason. Anyone else read about this?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thank you for the link.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

US, San Diego: One Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) on Navy Ship USS Dubuque, Deployment Canceled.#swineflu #H1N1about 8 hours ago from web

I'll try to find more on this

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Its funny thatthey post the report, then suddenly remove it. Someone is pulling strings here. To stop us from reading more about this.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Well while being the comprehensive reader's you guys are and have been all along. You where given your answer in the article about the lady; as to why this has got them so scared...
THE SECOND INCUBATION PERIOD....this my love's is what is killing people. It makes it possible for a mass of various infections etc to take up residence in a very short time. From what I have been studying the flu on it's own when you first get it isn't "that" bad it is what you get a few weeks later that is reaking hell on their minds now.
The first serious outbreak started in Mexico in late Jan all the way through Feb it wasn't until March that they started to see people start to die.
Now mind you the first town had 3,000 people and 60% of them caught it with only 3 deaths of infant's that where later ruled to be from something else of course.
Now when it got into Mexico city it went ballistic and something must have changed because the people in the city started to die where as the people in the village didn't.From the original reports that wheren't scrubbed when the first death happened they had 1,000 people in the hospital on ventalator's etc. They said "HALF" recovered.
Now here we are month later and the people in the village are again getting some illness that is like the first only harder. Guess who changed the rules? Y
ou aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place to keep people under control and even then due to the exisiting data we have another 2 weeks or so before we start to hear of any large numbers of death if at all.
If the virus hasn't changed they will most likely just keep it quiet. If it has gotten worse they will have no choice but to let it out of the bag. They really do want people to build up immunities to it , the only problem is that most people are getting a second period of infection a few week's later. Kinda a catch 22 either you live through the second phase of it and get immunities or you die.

XOXO makes a very good point in her post......."You aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place". Now lets look at what we know and what we see in the media via government...........You see in all kinds of media "School Closings No Longer Advised For Swine Flu".........The first priority of any family is there kids..........If the media/gov tells everyone all is well keep kids in school this flu becomes a second thought.............With no panic the government can position itself for what ever measures are to come.........Military and Fema will be my focus.......

I don't want to be a jerk and I'll just say this and let it drop....

I took a metric ton of crap about my "credibility" and sources earlier in the thread from quite a few people. (Those of you who U2U'd encouragement, thank you and if it hadn't been for you folks I would have taken things elsewhere).

Once again the media has broke information I gave you close to a week ago (3rd or 4th time, I think ) and none of the people who were so ready to teach me how things work on ATS have come along to post a single word about it.

I understand holding people to a standard and all that but if the purpose isn't to try and shut someone up or just attack contributors I would expect to see them be big enough to admit it when the proof they demanded comes along.

I don't want to bring back the debate and all that stuff but after the amount of attacks and snide remarks I felt this was justified. Thanks for your time if you've actually read this far and all that.

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join