It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 294
<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here is some pathology-

www.kansascity.com...

I noticed this from a comment-

The way the pandemic has spread so far, already shows the difference between now and the 1918 pandemic. The virus today is already in virtually every continent before it even spread locally in any country or state. The 1918 pandemic took weeks to reach other countries.

With 19 confirmed deaths out of roughly 800 confirmed cases, that represents a mortality rate of 2.4%. The 1918 Spanish Flu killed about 2.75% of those it infected, so this one isn't that far off.

It's a small world after all, Walt.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A texan dies of Swine flu... hmmm. and from the source ..

There were still signs, however, of the virus that set off world health alarms. A Texas woman who lived near the Rio Grande and a popular border crossing was confirmed as the 28th person — only the second outside Mexico and the first U.S. resident — to die from the virus.

so.. there was another SF death related outside of Mexico? Haven't kept up much .. but.. haven't heard this from the MSM...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
A texan dies of Swine flu... hmmm. and from the source ..

There were still signs, however, of the virus that set off world health alarms. A Texas woman who lived near the Rio Grande and a popular border crossing was confirmed as the 28th person — only the second outside Mexico and the first U.S. resident — to die from the virus.

so.. there was another SF death related outside of Mexico? Haven't kept up much .. but.. haven't heard this from the MSM...

They are referring to the Mexican youth who crossed the US border and died in the US. Woman in Tx is a resident of US.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ummm, hey I am Canadian too, be nice. We always are to you!

BTW has anyone heard from "Captiva "lately?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I read that article about the Texas woman who died of SF but it left out her name and whether she was Mexican-American. Anyone have further details on this woman?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
so are we safe from swine flu yet?

the info sure died off since the weekend.

i guess i can go outside now!

well i would if i wasnt sick , jk.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Here's the Reuters Article...

Swine flu kills second person in U.S.
www.reuters.com...

Pike County, Alabama: 1 probable case, a female student of Troy University.Source: The Birmingham NewsDate: 7:25:00 p.m. Monday May 4, 20..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Granby, Connecticut: 1 probable case, a child.Source: Stamford Plus Date: 6:56:00 p.m. Monday May 4, 2009 in GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Rock County, Wisconsin: 2 probable cases.Source: Wisconsin Department of Health Services Date: 8:30:00 p.m. Tuesday May 5, 2009 in GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Racine County, Wisconsin: 3 probable cases.Source: Wisconsin Department of Health Services Date: 8:30:00 p.m. Tuesday May 5, 2009 in GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Polk County, Wisconsin: 1 probable case.Source: Wisconsin Department of Health Services Date: 8:30:00 p.m. Tuesday May 5, 2009 in GMT2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

kellyogle: Marveling at the lightning fast spread of misinformation... the Swine Flu Zombi story is a hoax... but a well-written one!
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Pyrostar: SWINE FLU ZOMBIES! NEED A SHOTGUN SO I CAN BE LIKE THE GUY FROM LEFT 4 DEAD! twitpic.com...
less than 20 seconds ago from Tweetsville

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
For some reason the MSM has droped this one pretty quick. From watching all the numbers though it still seems to be moving right along, maybe even picking up speed.

I really think there is something weird going on? Why would they drop it so quick, when it is at a level 5. Does anyone still think that they will raise it to a alert level 6?

I am still really keeping an eye on this and taking all of the needed steps to protect myself? I dont think we are safe yet?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

if TPTB are covering this up to prevent a massive panic they will not raise the level to 6. they would wait til it was obvious that mass numbers of people were dying.

i spoke to a first responder in iowa today and he told me the state officials informed them that 500 people were tested in iowa and only one person was positive.

he was also told that no more cases would abound right now.
i will add they are telling first responders that the virus will be watched closely in the southern hemisphere because its winter/flu season down there almost and they should be ready for something in the fall and winter if this thing mutates or worsens.

i still dont understand why the police are guarding the 750,000 courses of tamiflu in iowa if we are only expected to have one case.

who the hell would risk stealing that stuff if it wasnt necessary?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

I think the MSM had a very large nudge to get it off there breaking news list...The numbers dont lie,well they do..But look at the raise across the board,and look at what other nations are doing...if higher measures are taken,with no raise of media awareness,theres something brewing in the lull..
A possible scenario,
the lull in the MSM takes attentions off more drastic measures being set up,as logistics do take time to put into place...I can garantee that if infact forced innoculations are put in motion,citys will become a place you do not want to be...How would they force shots onto the part of the city were you need a ''peice'' to fell somewhat safe..

Its gonna sneek up on most of the population..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

That is exactly what I think!! It is gonna sneak up and people that havent been paying attention are gonna be like what #.

It was just dropped to quickly for something to not be up. I really hope I am wrong? Lets just all keep our heads up and keep this thread alive!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This could actually be a damn curse for our governments. People with no jobs no insurance getting hospital like illnesses.. Bad news.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here's another related article to the earlier Texas death...

Cameron Co. woman dies from flu virus
www.chron.com...

kellyogle: Marveling at the lightning fast spread of misinformation... the Swine Flu Zombi story is a hoax... but a well-written one!
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Pyrostar: SWINE FLU ZOMBIES! NEED A SHOTGUN SO I CAN BE LIKE THE GUY FROM LEFT 4 DEAD! twitpic.com...
less than 20 seconds ago from Tweetsville

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek

It was just dropped to quickly for something to not be up

it was probably someone very high up who told the MSM to STFU cuz you are scaring people and that is going to kill the economy.

it is already on life support and if schools start closing, and people start skipping work, and hospitals start filling up, that would be the nail in the coffin.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Swine Flu Milder Than Feared, But More Deaths Expected

"ABC News reports that the woman lived in Harlingen, Texas, near the Mexico border. ABC reported the severely overweight woman, a schoolteacher, had recently given birth and had recently had pneumonia."

Officials: Cameron County Woman Dies From Swine Flu
"The swine flu virus she carried was already in the second incubation period, which means that anybody around her who didn't contract it by now, won't contract it."

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Health Official: People Will Die From Swine Flu in Texas

Here is a comment posted below that article 7 days ago !

Swine flu

Posted by concerned citizen, harlingen - Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 1:21 a.m.

What these people aren't saying is that they know a confirmed case here in the valley. That teacher from mercedes tested positive for swine flu she is in ICU on a ventilator.. and her outlook is bleak the CDC contacted her husband this week to confirm the news. Her family is now on tamiflu not to mention the staff at Harlingen medical cetner where she is at I should know because i work there

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

WRAPUP 7 New flu kills 2nd person in US, spreads globally
Tue May 5, 2009 10:36pm EDT
www.reuters.com...

The World Health Organization was monitoring the spread of the virus and said 21 countries have officially reported 1,490 cases. The United States has 403 confirmed cases in 38 states, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said, with another 700 "probable" cases. Canada has reported 165 cases.

nodler: my little brother is down with the flu and getting tested for h1n1. big sisterly maternal panic sets in...
less than 10 seconds ago from web

luvmy2girls07: agrees with hubby that the media have some nerve saying that H1N1 was no big deal since they started the panic in the first place.
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Officials Give Time Line in Baby's Swine Flu Death

The article also stated 159 as the number of deaths in Mexico.

"During a Wednesday morning press conference, the following details emerged:

April 4th - Baby and family arrive in Brownsville

April 8th - Baby becomes ill with flu-like symptoms

April 13th - Baby admitted to Valley Baptist Medical Center in Brownsville

April 14th - Baby transfered to a hospital in Houston

April 27th - Baby died in hospital."

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud..

Having seen the video of the couple saying that a good freind over heard talks of fema and martial law in the mid-to late summer..

Having info saying that this flu was out and about months prior to the first official word on the new...

Could it be that the couple that put that video on you tube saying that a trusted source over heard that in mid-late summer martial law would start to be exercised..

that in fact this bug was reconized as a very serious strain to be delt with in the comming fall?

I dont put much credibilty to you-tubers,but its all fitting together quite nicely isnt it..Especially with the economy being in the toilet..

new topics

top topics

<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join