It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 292
<< 289  290  291    293  294  295 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Originally posted by jonny2410
I find it interesting that this happened days ago (this death) and we only know now.

Makes me wonder if there are anymore....

The same thing happened when the 2 year old Mexican boy died in Texas. they didn't report it to the MSM until a few days agter his death.

i have no doubt we will see many more deaths, but i fear this will be overshadowed in the fall

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I find it interesting that this happened days ago (this death) and we only know now.

Probably no real mystery. Think of all the red tape and paperwork involved after just a standard death. Then there is family notification, authorization and approval of an autopsy, getting the actual tests performed and analyzed, probably a second round of tests to confirm the first. It's a process, and as anyone knows, nothing saddled by large corporations/government agencies/etc. happens quickly.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know whether the woman went to mexico and was infected there or had a human 2 human infection back in texas? Because this would show the virulence of the virus doesnt lessen through 2nd hand transfer and perhaps is worse. Just a thought.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
When I first heard about the 1918 Pandemic, I was concerned but not really alarmed. I believed the reason so many died was because of the time period; along with lack of advanced medicine.

While conducting my own research, I found the following information. Please, let me say while this is very disturbing, I am in no way saying this is happening. If it were, we would have world wide PANIC on our hands.

quote]
The 1918 flu pandemic, commonly referred to as the Spanish flu, was a category 5 influenza pandemic caused by an unusually severe and deadly Influenza A virus strain of subtype H1N1. Many of its victims were healthy young adults, in contrast to most influenza outbreaks which predominantly affect juvenile, elderly, or otherwise weakened patients.

The difference between the influenza mortality age-distributions of the 1918 epidemic and normal epidemics. Deaths per 100,000 persons in each age group, United States, for the inter pandemic years 1911–1917 (dashed line) and the pandemic year 1918 (solid line).[28] The Spanish flu pandemic lasted from 1918 to 1919, although Price-Smith's data suggest it may have begun in Austria in the Spring of 1917.[29] Older estimates say it killed 40–50 million people[30] while current estimates say 50 million to 100 million people worldwide were killed.[31

This pandemic has been described as "the greatest medical holocaust in history" and may have killed as many people as the Black Death [32], although the Black Death is estimated to have killed over a fifth of the world's population at the time [33], a significantly higher proportion.

This huge death toll was caused by an extremely high infection rate of up to 50% and the extreme severity of the symptoms, suspected to be caused by cytokine storms.[30]

Indeed, symptoms in 1918 were so unusual that initially influenza was misdiagnosed as dengue, cholera, or typhoid. One observer wrote, "One of the most striking of the complications was hemorrhage from mucous membranes, especially from the nose, stomach, and intestine. Bleeding from the ears and petechial l hemorrhages in the skin also occurred.
"[31] The majority of deaths were from bacterial pneumonia, a secondary infection caused by influenza, but the virus also killed people directly, causing massive hemorrhages and edema in the lung.[28]

The Spanish flu pandemic was truly global, spreading even to the Arctic and remote Pacific islands. The unusually severe disease killed between 2 and 20% of those infected, as opposed to the more usual flu epidemic mortality rate of 0.1%.[31][28]

Another unusual feature of this pandemic was that it mostly killed young adults, with 99% of pandemic influenza deaths occurring in people under 65, and more than half in young adults 20 to 40 years old.[34]

This is unusual since influenza is normally most deadly to the very young (under age 2) and the very old (over age 70). The total mortality of the 1918–1919 pandemic is not known, but it is estimated that up to 1% of the world's population was killed. As many as 25 million may have been killed in the first 25 weeks; in contrast, HIV/AIDS has killed 25 million in its first 25 years.

link:[en.wikipedia.org...]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Does anyone know whether the woman went to mexico and was infected there or had a human 2 human infection back in texas? Because this would show the virulence of the virus doesnt lessen through 2nd hand transfer and perhaps is worse. Just a thought.

Now on the BBC but no details of where she had been.news.bbc.co.uk...

US resident dies from swine flu
breaking news

A woman from Texas has become apparently the first US resident to die from swine flu.

In a statement, the Texas Department of State Health services said it was "reporting the first death of a Texas resident with H1N1 [swine] flu.

"A woman from Cameron County who had chronic underlying health conditions died earlier this week," it said.

It is the second swine flu fatality outside Mexico, after a Mexican toddler died of the virus in the US in April.

The World Health Organization (WHO) said earlier that 1,490 swine flu cases had been verified in 20 countries.

After Mexico, the US has seen the greatest number of laboratory-confirmed infections, at 403.

The WHO urged nations to remain vigilant, saying a global pandemic remained a threat.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Hi part 1 of 5...www.youtube.com...
Sure its been posted on this thread before...apologies if it has.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Northern school infections boost B.C. swine flu count to 46
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Tamiflu has an expiry date on it ...?
When countries order stocks of Tamiflu, do they do only when a virus emerges or would they be purchased well in advance "in case" a virus emerges....I know the WHO mentioned sending out a few million doses to Mexico now - would Mexico have to pay for these ? and I'm gathering that because they can send these out so fast, they were already produced ready to go some time back ? Or do they get manufactured on demand now ?

I know Tamiflu started to get manufactured a few years back if I remember correctly...so since these vast stocks were made they would be sat on the shelves in the production plants awaiting distribution as and when they are paid for. I'm gathering like most medications, they have an expiry date. They probably have tens of millions of boxes of Tamifulu waiting to be bought, Tamiflu stock that has perhaps been sitting on the shelves for a couple of years , the sell by date ticking down....money lost if they don't sell. An engineered virus that necessitates the use of Tamiflu as a "stop gap" treatment until a "proper" vaccine could be made would be just the ticket to flog all those surplus stocks of Tamiflu that would otherwise get binned ............?

I wonder if someone here could get hold of a box of Tamiflu and check the expiry date /date of manufacture (if printed)....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
DOD H1N1 Flu Outbreak Pocket Card

I seen this and thought one of the lines in it was odd.

Stay home. If you are a service
member, consult your chain-ofcommand
first

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I believe it has a shelf life of 3 years... I heard that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

I think they buy a certain amount anyway for the regular flu but yes I guess the extra would get wasted.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

yes,I beleive its 3-4 years..I also beleive that in austrailia the doses that were expired or near expired were sold off to private entetese...But the makers had said that the exp. date is not set in stone...

theres a report floating around on that

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 187-to-NWO

I have no idea who this guy is in this video, but he reminds me of a kids TV presenter who's been sniffing naughty things in the green room

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That will put you all on the right path !!

Sorry to bust any bubbles !!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Check is profil on wikipedia !!

Or do any research on google for is name ,just to see what comes up!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A lot of info here. May I suggest stopping the vid at intervals, replaying and listening again to digest?)

This unprecedented H1N1-H5N1 flu outbreak implicates the Ango-American Vaccine Pipeline, says world leading consumer health protector, Dr. Leonard Horowitz

Consider the skyrocketing stock values of Novavax, Inc., precipitated by dozens of alleged flu deaths in Mexico. Then investigate the leading Anglo-American network of genetic engineers manipulating, mutating, and distributing these viruses. The evidence compels you, for the benefit of public health and safety to seriously consider, even decree, a conspiracy to commit genocide, according to this Harvard trained expert in emerging diseases.

Here, Dr. Horowitz urges an investigation of Dr. James S. Robertson, Englands leading bioengineer of flu viruses for the vaccine industry, and avid promoter of U.S. Government funding for lucrative biodefense contracts, along with collaborators at the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). These suspects helped Novavax, Inc., in Bethesda, Maryland, produce genetically-modified recombinants of the avian, swine, and Spanish flu viruses, H5N1 and H1N1, nearly identical to the unprecedented Mexican virus that is allegedly spreading to the United States at the time of this posting. The outbreak was precisely timed to promote the companys new research and huge vaccine stockpiling contracts.

Scientists at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are implicated through collaborations and publications involving private contracts with Novavax, a company that obtains its biosimulars through CDC Influenza Branch director, Ruben O. Donis, and Dr. Rick Bright, previously working with Donis at the CDC, now Novavaxs Vice President of Global Influenza Programs.

Descriptions of this virus is pathognomonic, or diagnostic, of a virus that came from Robertsons circle of friends, Dr. Horowitz charges. No other group in the world takes H5N1 Asian flu infected chickens, brings them to Europe, extracts their DNA, combines their proteins with H1N1 viruses from the 1918 Spanish flu isolate, additionally mixes in swine flu genes from pigs, then reverse engineers them to infect humans. The end product could only have ended up in Mexico via the United States from Britain in care of the CDC. The CDC had to have sent them to Novavax, where Rick Brights team is now implicated in a conspiracy to commit genocide—the mass killing of people for profit.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by 187-to-NWO

I have no idea who this guy is in this video, but he reminds me of a kids TV presenter who's been sniffing naughty things in the green room

Yeah,that dude reminded me of a Mr.Roberts on acid....Then trying to sell a car...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In Fact ,this guy video will surely disapeare from Youtube ,but we made copy"S" of it , we are expecting them to try to shut down DR Horowitz account on Youtube !!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
By the way ,

did you guys knew ,they shut down Alex Jones TV youtube account ,2 days ago !!?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I found this audio-video ,2 weeks before the outbreak!!

Bizzard !!

top topics

<< 289  290  291    293  294  295 >>

join