It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 289
<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
it is bizzare how quick all of this has been dropped from the media. It still seems to be spreading like wildfire. but the MSM usually loses interest pretty quick unless people are dieing left and right.

I really dont see this fizzling out and we will just move into a phase three after it mutates a little more.

I dont see the WHO raising the alert to 6, even though it should be. People freaking out is bad for business

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks to those who replied to my inquiry about that Hal Turner report of this flu mixing with HIV. I know now not to ever rely on that Hal Turner character, but I never heard of him until yesterday now I know I wasn't missing anything.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek
it is bizzare how quick all of this has been dropped from the media. It still seems to be spreading like wildfire. but the MSM usually loses interest pretty quick unless people are dieing left and right.

I really dont see this fizzling out and we will just move into a phase three after it mutates a little more.

I dont see the WHO raising the alert to 6, even though it should be. People freaking out is bad for business

we will hear less and less for two reasons -

- either the virus actually does fizzle out and doesnt mutatue badly
or
- the virus does mutate to a more severe version and therefore the MSM are instructed to STFU to stop panic

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Still no word my brother says there still on high alert and cant leave the base...and 1 more thing i find very odd i listen to coast to coast am nightly and george norry has not even touched the subject i wonder why???

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

you know thats completly diferent than what we are hearing, and the numbers haven't been coming today like they have been.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I think the base in Iowa is on alert as well......we attempted calling someone there and we are always able to get through.......but not this time......it was an unusual recording......

I think who ever posted watch the national guard movement here in the U.S. may be on to something.......

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think we should man the fort and not give up on this even tho MSM has burned out i think we can give ourselves a hand if we stay on top of it no matter how the MSM reports eyes all over the world better than any MSM news broadcast

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

I have an possible explanation. First of all, I believe this event has exposed the US to be woefully ill equipped to respond to a pandemic. There does not seem to be adequate testing facilities nor personnel to test a large, continuous stream of people exhibiting symptoms. ................................................
[edit on 5-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

what a well put together post.... worthy of a star deffo! ...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

After my wife gets home from work later today I will run out by our National guard armory and see if there is any activity or maybe after my son gets up from his nap we will just run out by there.

I will let everyone know if I see anything unusual

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

by the way how are you and the kids doing?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
US, Illinois: Health officials confirm a total of 82 influenza A (H1N1) cases statewide. #swineflu #H1N1
15 minutes ago from web US, Nebraska: CDC confirms three new cases of influenza A (H1N1) in residents from Madison, Piece and Sarpy counties. #swineflu
25 minutes ago from web Canada, Ottawa: Local Officials Confirm First Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu
25 minutes ago from web Guatemala: Minister of Health has confirmed the first influenza A (H1N1) case in the country. #swineflu

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Trust me I know..........The reports from my small town do not fit what we hear in the media.......

The report I gave about our DA sending out an email to his staff concerning the first confirmed H1N1 case............Well guess what!!......the health department official who sent out that notice to certain government officials has retracted there statement........

How do you retract a confirmed test case???

It is being reported now in my small town that if you show flu symptoms you will be tested...........

I am at the point of not sure what to think..................

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
as i have said in another post i think this virus moves in waves as it mutates if you look the at the numbers the first states to be affected california texas and new york seem to be stabalizing but new staes like deleware illinois and arizona seem to be exploding i think we should pick 3 states with low numbers and monitor them to see what happens i know for a fact louisiana is exploding as well

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Honestly, we all have had symtoms, but no fever........I personally feel like I am constantly trying to fight off something.........as well as my wife.....

I know in our small town, whch has two 300+ bed hospitals that provide service for a very large rual area......they have been swamped with flu like patients.........the business here for the two urgent care centers is booming with flu patients........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I finally received news from my source at the CDC......Again I am only passing information as it was given to me........

Originally when this started I was told this virus could go through three phases......

We are now at phase two I was told. This is where the viuse is constantly mutating from person to person.

Interesting information. My understanding of past Flu pandemics (1899 and 1918) was that there were three phases to each. In the case of the 1889 outbreak, the first phase mild, the second a bit more virulent and the third claimed the majority of lives lost.

The 1918 Pandemic was a bit different; first mild, second was the most virulent and most deaths occurred at this point and the third was less potent than the second but more so than the first phase.

I believe, however, that in each case, it took 6-8 months for the second phase to become active. Your information seems to suggest phase two is underway now. That seems highly unusual.

While researching the earlier pandemics, I came across a 2006 Summit at which John Barry (Author of The Great Influenza) spoke about the need for readiness in anticipation of the next outbreak. I found his description of the Govt's handling of the 1918 virus to be frighteningly similar to what is happening today:

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

To drive home the importance of preparedness, Barry talked about the widespread failure of public officials in 1918 to level with the public about the influenza threat.

In an atmosphere of rigid wartime censorship, enforced by laws that "make the Patriot Act look like a resolution of the ACLU," any utterance that could have been construed as harmful to public morale was punishable, he explained.

Hence, public officials mostly downplayed or lied about the pandemic, saying things like, "This is ordinary influenza by another name," Barry said. Rather than allaying fear and panic, this approach increased them.

But there were a few places "that sort of did prepare and did tell the truth from the beginning," he said. "In San Francisco, the city from day 1 told the truth about the disease." As a result, "you didn't get the panic and social breakdown that you got elsewhere."

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I am not sure where I saw or heard this report but the present virus strain H1N1 that we are dealing with was reported by some scientist that this strain has already mutated already 24 times..........He alleged that this virus probably started around Sept of 08.........

I have read and listened to way too many reports that I do not remember who or where this came from......sorry,

Maybe someelse saw the same report and can provide more detailed information..........

If that report was true........being in phase two would make more since...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Scientists Learn Why The Flu May Turn Deadly: Influenza Virus 'Paralyzes' The Immune System

In their research study published online in the Journal of Leukocyte Biology, the scientists show that the influenza virus can actually paralyze the immune systems of otherwise healthy individuals, leading to severe secondary bacterial infections, such as pneumonia. Furthermore, this immunological paralysis can be long-lived, which is important to know when developing treatment strategies to combat the virus

Immunological paralysis can be long-lived which means you get over this flu but you susceptible to catching many other things afterwards that could end up being more deadlier than the flu was.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I expect there is an overreaction everywhere on all this. Tens of thousands die every year in flu related illnesses. I expect many times it is being assumed that this is a case of the specific virus when it is not even tested for.

Reporting, diagnosis and test results will lag, and the extent will not be known for weeks if really ever. The media love a crisis, real or not. People like to go into crisis mode.

Mike

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

what kind of case in the US has been covered up ....human to pig incident you mean on a farm ?

Any intel on any deaths being covered up ?

[edit on 5/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
does any body remember the post i made about tptb watching the isp's,and other blogs and such. found here on ats, about FBI watching twitter. just goes to show you that real info may be removed from inter net

top topics

<< 286  287  288    290  291  292 >>

join