It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
yes I think the ''long timers'' of this thread have seen all of those videos..
Just a freindly bit of advice,this thread is about news and updates,WITH a bit of humor added to break the monotiny of gloom and doom..

I'll put it this way for ya,,this is a civil and adult themed thread..No trolling alloud..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Looks like the site owner 'SkepticOverlord' sees pastures greener now; he has changed his avatar

I'm keeping the mask on my avatar for a long while yet.
Like until Christmas! I'm thinking the fall is going to be bad.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 187-to-NWO

A vaccine probably would not be available in the initial stages of population infection.[72] A vaccine cannot be developed to protect against a virus which does not exist yet, and the influenza virus capable of generating the next pandemic has not been identified yet.

The Avian Flu virus H5N1 has the potential to mutate into a pandemic strain, but so do other types of flu virus. Once a potential virus is identified, it normally takes at least several months before a vaccine becomes widely available, as it must be developed, tested and authorized. The capability to produce vaccines varies widely from country to country; in fact, only 19 countries are listed as

"Influenza vaccine manufacturers" according to the World Health Organization.[73] It is estimated that, in a best scenario situation, 750 million doses could be produced each year, whereas it is likely that each individual would need two doses of the vaccine in order to become immuno-competent.

Distribution to and inside countries would probably be problematic.[74] Several countries, however, have well-developed plans for producing large quantities of vaccine. For example, Canadian health authorities say that they are developing the capacity to produce 32 million doses within four months, enough vaccine to inoculate every person in the country.[75]

vaccines are going to take time.

Even if it is considered that 54% is an acceptable level of protection, the world is currently capable of producing only 900 million doses at a strength of 15 μg (assuming that all production were immediately converted to manufacturing H5 vaccine); if two injections of 90 μg are needed then this capacity drops to only 70 million (Poland 2006). Trials using adjuvants such as alum or MF59 to try and lower the dose of vaccine are urgently needed.

Full-scale production of a vaccine that could prevent any illness at all from the strain would require at least three months after the virus's emergence to begin, but it is hoped that vaccine production could increase until one billion doses were produced by one year after the initial identification of the virus.[55]

Not enough antivirals!!

Many nations, as well as the World Health Organization, are working to stockpile anti-viral drugs in preparation for a possible pandemic. Oseltamivir (trade name Tamiflu) is the most commonly sought drug, since it is available in pill form. Zanamivir (trade name Relenza) is also considered for use, but it must be inhaled. Other anti-viral drugs are less likely to be effective against pandemic influenza.

Both Tamiflu and Relenza are in short supply, and production capabilities are limited in the medium term. Some doctors say that co-administration of Tamiflu with probenecid could double supplies.[77]

There also is the potential of viruses to evolve drug resistance. Some H5N1-infected persons treated with oseltamivir have developed resistant strains of that virus.

I think we are in trouble folks!!

link:[en.wikipedia.org...]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Trolling what ??

I'm just brought info forward sir !

Real Info ,for that Matter !!

I'm a webmaster also ,did you see me posting for my website ??

No !

I just exposed info ,that I know to true !!

Are you guys about truth or not ??

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would not Take Tamiflu ,even if they wher giving it to me !!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Horowitz video is interesting to say the least, especially when the latest word is "man-made" again. I can't get any details as to how they know this but it's come up again and again from this source.

We're supposed to get the latest actual CAR / CFR data soon, I hope.

The big question is, will the Obama administration come out and call the incident "bioterror" and get us a new war?

People in Mexico have been calling it "man made" for a while now. They claim a Canadian bio company released it in the Vera Cruz area, among other reports. My suggestion would be to look for big stock bets prior to the outbreak which would turn into handsome profits. It looks like someone was betting big time on Nova Vax just prior to the outbreak. I'd look at Baxter to see if similar big money plays were under way.

Remember the short sells on Airlines prior to 9/11?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No I think posting 15 times within 25 or so minutes of useless BS is trolling...If you think that that radio program is in fact true,well good for you..Dont spout off and force everyone else to think the same..

And let me geuss,your pushing that silver concoction?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Because ,you have categorized me before even knowing me suggest that you dont think before you speak !!

You dont look good ,when you act like that !!

Now , you may wanna re-think this over ,so ,you dont look whorse !!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

LOl I'm just shakin my head...I realy dont know how to reply to that..I geuss you have to be a Canadian to get you..

edit..Off to cook up some sausage and bacon for dinner...seriously..lol

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
being the noob i am late once more with a update 2nd us death reported by wolf blitzer cnn.com as well as navy ship with several dozen sailors infected but they want to open all the schools whats up with that

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Behind the Scenes: Navy Researchers Helped Spot Swine Flu in the United States

The first case, a 10-year-old DOD dependent, was identified in a trial to evaluate a novel influenza diagnostic. On 1 April, a swab sample from the patient was tested on the diagnostic platform. The result suggested an influenza A but subtype negative virus. Our screening questionnaire deemed the patient at low-risk for an avian influenza infection. Per the study protocol, a second specimen was sent to a third-party lab in Wisconsin. This laboratory, along with the state laboratory, confirmed the influenza A/un-typed finding. The specimen and an isolated virus were then sent to the CDC for confirmation. The CDC determined the virus was an influenza A/swine/H1N1.

The second case, a 9-year-old female from Brawley, California, was sampled in the collaborative study with the CDC’s Border Infectious Disease Surveillance Project. What was thought to be a routine specimen was sent to our laboratory the first week in April. Our initial testing demonstrated an influenza A/untyped virus. Further testing on the Ibis T5000 platform, which infers H and N types from multiple genomic signatures, suggested an influenza A/swine/H1 virus. [Although most tests rely on known DNA sequence or antibodies to identify influenza isolates, the Ibis T5000 has a mass spectrometer and can identify unknown subtypes.] This was right about the time we received word from CDC about the first case. At that point we knew we were onto something significant. The CDC subsequently confirmed an influenza A/swine/H1N1 virus.

50 amphib sailors have flu symptoms

One sailor on the ship was confirmed to have the virus, also called H1N1, and 50 other crew members are exhibiting flu-like symptoms, said Cmdr. Cappy Surette, a Navy spokesman at the Pentagon. It was not immediately clear if the 50 sailors have been confirmed as having a “novel virus” such as H1NI, as opposed to seasonal flu.

Nobody can deny that the Navy is in the front row on swine flu. So I guess conspiracy theories are going to popup on government bioterrorism.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think now is the time to concentrate on inccodents and actions,as opposed to the meesage the MSM is trying to put on..

Yes I did read that a ship is being held at dock for dis infection and quite a few sailors sick...the new death is also being put out..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have noticed since all this has been going on that the prices of Mask/Respirators have gone up at an alarming rate! I bought a standard army issue S10 respirator back in January for £8 and it came fully equipped with decon set and haversack.

Now the prices are up as much as £60 in some places!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oh, irony-

www.tennessean.com...

I see that in a related headline that pandemic is 'imminent'.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Tamiflue expires 3 years after made.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel
I have noticed since all this has been going on that the prices of Mask/Respirators have gone up at an alarming rate! I bought a standard army issue S10 respirator back in January for £8 and it came fully equipped with decon set and haversack.

I find this to be one of the most disturbing trends belonging to the human race.
To overcharge what your fellow humans need in times of emergency. It really just says it all doesn't it? Seems to me we can never become an honest caring nation of people until we stop doing things like this.

I remember during a large earthquake once - no one had much water available - so they started charging somewhere between $5-7 a gallon.
We must change this behavior.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

Originally posted by parrallel

what i think is also funny is how stores like the dollar general have put household sanitizing wipes on the front counter . they look similiar to the ones clorox has that kill the flu virus but upon further inspection these wipes do nothing to kill a flu virus.

im sure they will sell them out quick because people dont take the time to read labels.

every store around here is out of the wipes that kill flu virus a.
some companies are making a killing off this whole swine flu pandemic.

im looking at you germ-x / anti bacterial lotion companies and any mask/glove company.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

LOl I'm just shakin my head...I realy dont know how to reply to that..I geuss you have to be a Canadian to get you..

edit..Off to cook up some sausage and bacon for dinner...seriously..lol

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

Im not so sure about that. I'm Canadian born and bred and I dont get him either lmao.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Actully I do not think the problem is that he is Canadain but Qubeecer. As an american man married to a qubeecer woman I can tell ya that they can get quite unrully.. especially when right.

Ok enough distraction and one liners Tabernac!
time to get back on topic.

Swine flu updates... especialy from texas missori and qubeec. (I have family in all three places.)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

LMAO!!!!! you sound just like my dad

Tabernac!!!!

ok ok, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join