It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

Your post was linked from another thread I am watching. I found this link to Swine Flu in November of 2008.

Nov 24, 2008 (CIDRAP) – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in its latest update on the nation's seasonal influenza activity, reported on a person who was infected with a swine influenza virus following several exposures to pigs, including a sick one.

Nov 2008 Swine Flu

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

I expect there is an overreaction everywhere on all this. I expect many times it is being assumed that this is a case of the specific virus when it is not even tested for.

Totally right.... when folks die from 'flu' they arent tested for specific strains are they?

Or are they?

So the Xthousand deathas a year could be from flu blah or from flu yadda ... who checks or is it just 'Ahhh twas flu' type thing?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Has anybody seen Dr. Sanjay Gupta on CNN since Thursday/Friday? Last week he was on TV every single day numerous times while in Mexico and even after he returned and now I haven't seen him on CNN since either Thursday or Friday of last week. Is it possible he has swine flu? On Friday a CNN reporter said Sanjay Gupta was taking the day off for some well deserved rest.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
oh! Cosmicpixie!!

I tried to U2u you but cant as my bloomin posts are low....

GAH!!

Yzzy xx

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

if you get a chance, watch or record letterman tonight. I will be on... really like him. smart, funny, informed. hope you can stay awake!
about 4 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Thats a twitter from sanjayguptaCNN

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
MSNBC woman in Texas who died last week had H1N1.
So one more death in Texas.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
US, New Jersey: Health officials confirm new case of influenza A (H1N1) in Camden county; case had traveled to an affected state. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Mexico: 20 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Number of Confirmed Cases Reaches 886. #swineflu #H1N128 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
1478 Cases confirmed in tuesday (Wikipedia) - H1N1 seems to spread like in predicted "worst case scenario" but its almost difficult even to find news from Pandemic in my country anymore! - Reuters has taken Swine flu out from hot topics too...

Count keep rising, news continues to fade.

Is it so that next time when news from H1N1 is in news; 10 000 confirmed, or does it need 10 000 dead?

MSM is so hoax from its basics. Just sucks!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
just broke on cnn

the second confirmed death from h1n1 has been reported from texas.

more details to come

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
AP: State health officials have confirmed the first death of a Texas resident with swine flu. 1 minute ago from web

The Texas Department of State Health Services said she died earlier this week. 3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

The woman lived in Cameron County, along the U.S.-Mexico border, and had other, chronic health conditions. 3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I had posted a few days ago that my wife and I saw a lot of military vehicles go through town with the med cross on the side.

I decided to drive out by the armory today and only saw a few cars in the parking lot and the military vehicles that were in the back (very few) were still painted the tan desert colors. the ones we saw go through town with the crosses on them were the green camo.

Just thought I would post an update nothing seemed out of the ordinary out there. Granted it is a very small army national guard armory for an engineering division.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

First swine flu death of U.S. resident in Texas
www.ksby.com...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Reported by: CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN, Associated Press Writer

McALLEN, Texas (AP)

Texas health officials have confirmed the first death of a United States resident with swine flu.

Few details have been released, but officials say the flu victim was a woman who lived in Cameron County, along the U.S.-Mexico border, and had other, chronic health problems.

The Texas Department of State Health Services said Tuesday that she died earlier this week.

Last week, a boy from Mexico City died at a Houston hospital, marking the first swine flu death in the United States.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Last week, a boy from Mexico City died at a Houston hospital, marking the first swine flu death in the United States.

que? I thought the 18 mnth old was???

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well both deaths in usa where ill health to egin with, from those articles.

Be interesting to see what the main stream media say about this, and are they really pushing this?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are 15 cases total, just reported, in Indiana about 5 miutes ago. I knew there ha to be more than the 3 they had been saying all week! I would post the email alert if I knew how..sorry!
There will be a news conference at 4:00.

Thanks,
FMF

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

The Child that died wasn't a US Resident, hence the headline, US Resident

Mexico, Chiapas: First Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed in State #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Hx got ther before me..

[edit on 5-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I find it interesting that this happened days ago (this death) and we only know now.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
I find it interesting that this happened days ago (this death) and we only know now.

Makes me wonder if there are anymore....

The same thing happened when the 2 year old Mexican boy died in Texas. They didn't report it to the MSM until a few days after his death.

Edit: Spelling

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Its on the sky news website now. /d225dc

The woman, from Cameron County, had chronic underlying health conditions and died earlier this week, said the Texas Department of State Health services.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by tarifa37]

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join