It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

which video is that on youtube. I have seen a few on there and am curious if it is a different one

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

kinda odd..The account is closed..i JUST POSTED IT A COUPLE DAYS AGO TO...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I saw one a while ago with a lady and a guy sitting at a kitchen table. he had a baseball cap on backwards. was it this guy?
He talks a lot about that kind of stuff ? I think the ladys name was val or valano

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Very alarmed by what I just read! Maybe this is why MSM, isn't saying much.

Apparently we won't be moving to level 6!

While genetic analysis of the H5N1 virus shows that influenza pandemics from its genetic offspring can easily be far more lethal than the Spanish Flu pandemic,[58] planning for a future influenza pandemic is based on what can be done and there is no higher Pandemic Severity Index level than a Category 5 pandemic which, roughly speaking, is any pandemic as bad the Spanish flu or worse; and for which all intervention measures are to be used.[59]

link:[en.wikipedia.org...]

link:[www.cidrap.umn.edu...]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Good find!! I just cant believe they dropped it as quick as they did. So my understanding is that Level 5 is the worst Level? What does level 6 mean then?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

yes that is it..the valano72 accout is closed..Change the change is it though

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I have watched a lot of their videos and have listened to both of there radio shows a few times. They have been pretty reliable for the most part and warned of this pandemic a while back. They just go on some really crazy religious rants on the shows and I had to turn it off.

Nothing against religion, but they get kinda over the top

[edit on 5-5-2009 by pcgeek]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcgeek

Good find!! I just cant believe they dropped it as quick as they did. So my understanding is that Level 5 is the worst Level? What does level 6 mean then?

Phase 5 Human-to-human spread of the virus in two or more countries in one WHO region.
Phase 6 In addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5, the same virus spreads from human-to-human in at least one other country in another WHO region. I think they merged the two levels. I don't know

On DOD website it says phase 5, DOD phase 1. What does that mean?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

phase one is not to deadly.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Thanks for the info!!

if you click on the DOD phase 1 box at the top it will tell you what it means. They seem to be a little bit behind because we are well past that level I think.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

phase one is not to deadly.

O.K. thank you for that!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well while being the comprehensive reader's you guys are and have been all along. You where given your answer in the article about the lady; as to why this has got them so scared...
THE SECOND INCUBATION PERIOD....this my love's is what is killing people. It makes it possible for a mass of various infections etc to take up residence in a very short time. From what I have been studying the flu on it's own when you first get it isn't "that" bad it is what you get a few weeks later that is reaking hell on their minds now.
The first serious outbreak started in Mexico in late Jan all the way through Feb it wasn't until March that they started to see people start to die.
Now mind you the first town had 3,000 people and 60% of them caught it with only 3 deaths of infant's that where later ruled to be from something else of course.
Now when it got into Mexico city it went ballistic and something must have changed because the people in the city started to die where as the people in the village didn't.From the original reports that wheren't scrubbed when the first death happened they had 1,000 people in the hospital on ventalator's etc. They said "HALF" recovered.
Now here we are month later and the people in the village are again getting some illness that is like the first only harder. Guess who changed the rules? Y
ou aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place to keep people under control and even then due to the exisiting data we have another 2 weeks or so before we start to hear of any large numbers of death if at all.
If the virus hasn't changed they will most likely just keep it quiet. If it has gotten worse they will have no choice but to let it out of the bag. They really do want people to build up immunities to it , the only problem is that most people are getting a second period of infection a few week's later. Kinda a catch 22 either you live through the second phase of it and get immunities or you die.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You know what this says to me? It says they have already enabled the conditions that must be met to allow the government to implement certain draconian powers.

Quietly.

"Don't worry, we won't use those powers unless it's a REAL emergency, AND we'll let you know when that emergency is by raising the pandemic level to six.

Oh! But didn't you know? Levels five and six are more or less the same thing! See? We said we'd wait until an emergency to implement these powers. Now go home. I'm placing you under quarantine, mostly becuase you annoy me."

It was one of the quietest legal coups ever.

[edit on 5/6/09 by CSquared288]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I just u2u'd U..about that post..

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Well while being the comprehensive reader's you guys are and have been all along. You where given your answer in the article about the lady; as to why this has got them so scared...
THE SECOND INCUBATION PERIOD....this my love's is what is killing people. It makes it possible for a mass of various infections etc to take up residence in a very short time. From what I have been studying the flu on it's own when you first get it isn't "that" bad it is what you get a few weeks later that is reaking hell on their minds now.
The first serious outbreak started in Mexico in late Jan all the way through Feb it wasn't until March that they started to see people start to die.
Now mind you the first town had 3,000 people and 60% of them caught it with only 3 deaths of infant's that where later ruled to be from something else of course.
Now when it got into Mexico city it went ballistic and something must have changed because the people in the city started to die where as the people in the village didn't.From the original reports that wheren't scrubbed when the first death happened they had 1,000 people in the hospital on ventalator's etc. They said "HALF" recovered.
Now here we are month later and the people in the village are again getting some illness that is like the first only harder. Guess who changed the rules? Y
ou aren't going to hear squat about this till they have measure's in place to keep people under control and even then due to the exisiting data we have another 2 weeks or so before we start to hear of any large numbers of death if at all.
If the virus hasn't changed they will most likely just keep it quiet. If it has gotten worse they will have no choice but to let it out of the bag. They really do want people to build up immunities to it , the only problem is that most people are getting a second period of infection a few week's later. Kinda a catch 22 either you live through the second phase of it and get immunities or you die.

Weird how I get the feeling I've read this before a number of days ago...

I guess the news media finally caught up?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Just on SKynews

Flu Czar/Tzar appointed in UK.

Children with Flu will not need to sit exams - talking about basing mark on course work done so far.
news.sky.com... K_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15275915_Swine_Flu%3A_Grades_Without_Exams_At_School_Being_Considered_After_Virus_Outbreak

So clearly there is nothing to worry about and we can all go about life as normal - ha ha

Also off topic see they are bringing in 'voluntary id cards' from now.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by johnb]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If this is the second wave here in Mexico, then I'd think we would get the third wave first also. If it gets any worse I'll let you know so that you folks have a head start.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I read that article about the Texas woman who died of SF but it left out her name and whether she was Mexican-American. Anyone have further details on this woman?

Hello,

I heard on the news that this woman was already seriously ill so the flu literally just finished her off.

The common flu here in the UK has a much higher mortality rate with the infant/ill/elderly populace and so I think that her weakened immune system just caved in.

Cheers

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As many of you might know, the BBC website has a page called "have your say" where people have been writing in with stories from Mexico and so forth . There has not been a single new story uploaded there since April 29th - that's 6 days. Isn't this odd ? I'm noticing a similar quietening down of news everywhere you go. It really smells like the media have been given a nod to shut up doesn't it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I thought it was a bit obvious. Shortly after we went to level 5, the news went dead.

This really shouldn't seem like a coincidence.

It is what it is. Government controlled media...

new topics

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join