It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 290
<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It was a human to pig..........When I say cover up I mean it is not being told to the media........Now days I call that a cover up........

But I was told that the virus is going back and fourth between human and pig and that they have great concerns with mamals in general.........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

as well as added my friend

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

It was a human to pig..........When I say cover up I mean it is not being told to the media........Now days I call that a cover up........

To most people, if it isn't reported by the News it didn't happen. So I'd say that's fair.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Scientists Learn Why The Flu May Turn Deadly: Influenza Virus 'Paralyzes' The Immune System

In their research study published online in the Journal of Leukocyte Biology, the scientists show that the influenza virus can actually paralyze the immune systems of otherwise healthy individuals, leading to severe secondary bacterial infections, such as pneumonia. Furthermore, this immunological paralysis can be long-lived, which is important to know when developing treatment strategies to combat the virus

Immunological paralysis can be long-lived which means you get over this flu but you susceptible to catching many other things afterwards that could end up being more deadlier than the flu was.

ecoparity is this what you were talking about - i.e deaths can occur 3 or 4 weeks afterwards due to a secondary infection?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Flu outbreak: The pig connection

If triple reassortants are bad news for both pigs and people, why haven't we got rid of them?

It comes down to the ease with which these viruses can change their surface proteins. Before 1998, flu wasn't much of a problem on US pig farms. But with the emergence of triple reassortants, losses began to mount and producers increasingly turned to vaccines in the hope of protecting their animals.

The viruses responded by evolving, switching their surface proteins so they evaded the immunity caused by either the previous infection, or the vaccines made in response to it – so the vaccines had little effect. Manufacturers couldn't switch the flu surface proteins in their vaccines as fast as the viruses did.

"We only chased this virus with vaccine rather than confront it," says Rodney Baker of Iowa State University, formerly a veterinarian for Premium Standard Farms, a major US pork producer.

Interesting article.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

That's what they think happened in Mexico. A huge wave of atypical pneumonia cases hitting the healthcare system all at once which didn't have the resources to treat them all.

The time line issue is suspected because the earliest reports were not picked up on as flu, they were labeled as respiratory infections and treated with antibiotics. Most of those very early cases in places like La Gloria recovered but when they went back and checked the records they found people had been getting sick going back to February.

When they found cases that indicated people would get sick, then seem to recover and then show back up with pneumonia a week or two later that's when the time line question became hot button issue number one.

I've been told about a large community of illegal aliens who are infected and what's strange is they are all refusing to take Tamiflu and asking for antibiotics...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by jonny2410

That's what they think happened in Mexico. A huge wave of atypical pneumonia cases hitting the healthcare system all at once which didn't have the resources to treat them all.

The time line issue is suspected because the earliest reports were not picked up on as flu, they were labeled as respiratory infections and treated with antibiotics. Most of those very early cases in places like La Gloria recovered but when they went back and checked the records they found people had been getting sick going back to February.

When they found cases that indicated people would get sick, then seem to recover and then show back up with pneumonia a week or two later that's when the time line question became hot button issue number one.

I've been told about a large community of illegal aliens who are infected and what's strange is they are all refusing to take Tamiflu and asking for antibiotics...

in that case it should be interesting to see what happens to the various confirmed cases in the US and abroad in the next few weeks, although i wouldnt be surprised if even if they died it wasnt reported.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Russian Health officials are criticising WHO for Pharmaceutical Company lobbying - On news ticker on 'Russia Today' TV channel.

Al Jazeera Eng TV has Mexico about to reopen schools and business'

Both channels usually give a different bias to what we get in UK and assume USA.

EuroNews - Says 'unlikely to spread as quickly/seriously as in Mexico'

Interesting that Russian MSM seem to think it is hype, or at least that's what they say.
Not really seen anything about it on Al Jazeera - mainly on Religious issues and the US Army attempting to convert Muslims to Christianity.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Was it scheduled a WHO press conference today?

-Zyk

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Many, Many pages ago I posted about our experience back in the Fall. Interesting point about illegals refusing Tamiflu and asking for antibiotics. My husband nor I or my children get better until we all had antibiotics even though the doctor was at first insisting with the children that it was a viral infection. I pretty much look at all medication as a last resort and a necessary evil considering all the side effects. So Tamiflu is definitely off the list for us. On a side note we now have a "suspected" case in our county and the person is in voluntary isolation. Considering how aggressive the school has been with past outbreaks of flu like bugs and stomach viruses this school year I am a littly dismayed that I have not at least gotten some kind of print out or note from the school nurse. My mother in law went to the hospital and immediately was handed a mask. They told her the flu test was negative and put her on antibiotics for bronchitis. My sister who works in home health care was sick yesterday with a bug that came on pretty fast. Saw her on Sunday afternoon and she was fine. She was returning to work today so hopefully just good old spring in the south with pollen and allergies. Up to 16 confirmed in our state with 15 being just one county away. This new suspected case in my county has no connection with the others or Mexico. If I hear more will post more information.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm looking into past pandemics at the moment to see if there are astrological correlations between any of them (no snickering please !). I'm posting this link so you can see just how many plagues and epidemics there have been over the centuries, it's staggering how many times the world population has been reduced dramatically by these events :

Wiki List of Pandemics and Plagues

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Night Watchman

I am not sure where I saw or heard this report but the present virus strain H1N1 that we are dealing with was reported by some scientist that this strain has already mutated already 24 times..........He alleged that this virus probably started around Sept of 08.........

I have read and listened to way too many reports that I do not remember who or where this came from......sorry,

Maybe someelse saw the same report and can provide more detailed information..........

If that report was true........being in phase two would make more since...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

I think you may be right about it having been started last year, maybe around the time that the flu shots here were given. Like I wrote in my other post, my family got sick three days after my husband and I got the shots and have been sick ever since. It never completely goes away and when it flares up it is worse than any flu we have ever had and we are in our 50's so we have been through many flu seasons. The symptoms we have are just like for the swine flu, only not quite as severe as what the people in Mexico are having. There are other families here and in other parts of the US who have this same thing my family has. Maybe the shots we got had some live virus in them. The flare ups happen about every 3 - 4 weeks.

Antibiotics and steroids have not worked on this virus we have. In between the flareups we still continue to have mild cold and flu symptoms, but compared to when it flares up, these are livable. This last flare up was the hardest one on my husband, daughter-in-law, and myself, with my Grandson having his a little less severe than the previous times. Our son seems to be doing the best out of all of us.

Last night on the Western Washington news they were talking about all the swine flu cases here. I didn't catch all of it as my husband was talking at the time, but it sounds like it's spreading here pretty quick. Last week there were only 5 suspected cases and last night they were rattling off numbers for so many different places here I lost track. I'll see later if I can find out numbers. Bet they all had flu shots last fall...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Please post your findings when you get them............

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.khq.com...

Looks like there are 45 suspected cases here as of today compared to only 5 cases last week.

SEATTLE, Wash. - Ten more probable cases of swine flu have been added to the state's tally, bringing the total number of probable cases in Washington to 45.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Swine Flu over?!

Looks like the site owner 'SkepticOverlord' sees pastures greener now; he has changed his avatar

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I began a thread a few days ago , it's preliminary as I'm finding new things now but there are some interesting initial parallels found over at my thread which you can visit here.

From what I've seen so far, astrologically speaking what's occuring now and due to occur over the next year-18 months is in many respects like a mirror of the astrological movements in 1918-1920. I've come across similar findings from various astrologers on the web too so there seems to be a general consensus the worst is yet to come.

The thread hasn't proved popular , I was hoping there'd be a good handful of Astrologers here on ATS to discuss it more but apparantly not. I might try and so some you tube presentation when I know more - never done one before , we'll see

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
US, Washington: CDC confirms state's first nine cases of influenza A (H1N1) in the counties of King, Snohomish, and Spokane #swineflu less than a minute ago

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It looks like it is in Oklahoma now.

www.tulsaworld.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
US, Oklahoma: CDC confirms Oklahoma's first case of influenza A (H1N1) in Pontotoc County; the case had traveled to Mexico #swineflu
about 1 hour ago from web

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
www.khq.com...

Looks like there are 45 suspected cases here as of today compared to only 5 cases last week.

SEATTLE, Wash. - Ten more probable cases of swine flu have been added to the state's tally, bringing the total number of probable cases in Washington to 45.

we have to be aware that even IF there are no cover ups going on the lab is still catching up on all its backed up samples....
so the numbers are going to continue rising--in some cases quite a bit--because there are so many samples waiting to be "confirmed"
the sample back up could be effective because we will be hearing about more cases being confirmed for months probably (based on the high volume of backed up samples) so that fear can be kept high enough to manipulate and control the masses but low enough to keep everyone assuming its business as usual.

top topics

<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join