It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 296
<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Yes, it is obvious and I saw this days ago. I haven't specifically been on the BBC site though for nearly a week and they were the only site I knew of where you could read emails sent in by the Mexicans so when I noticed that today it kind of rammed the silencing operation home to me a bit more.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Sorry I just realized my post could have came off as being rude. Not intended. I have been going to that same bbc link for the last few days as well. Hoping, as you, that there had been updates. I really don't want to think that the media is being this controlled, but it's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What seems strange is that the news about this virus has died over here in Holland a couple of days ago but news radio over here is reporting on something called "Q-fever".....

Q-Fever

I never heard of it before but according to the media this has been an issue for about a year now and finds it's origin in goats. It's transmittable to humans and you could get a severe pnumonia...???

Apparently this has been spreading since last year (we were never noticed or heard anything about this) and they say they are trying everything to control it.

All of a sudden 200 cases have been reported so far this year and nobody has died of it yet......

I believe this is all BS and they are making up stories to prepare us for something coming or they are fearing that after this swineflu has hit you this fever could do a lot more damage then it originally had.....

Man....this world is changing fast!!!

Peace

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The WHO has an audio transcript of yesterday's press conference

go to this page to find it

Couple of key points Fukado made:

1. At this point it's too premature to suggest the virus is mild or the virus is severe. He said that if it spreads globally it will infect tens of millions and that even with a small percentage of severe cases /death an awful lot of people would die

2. The infected are mostly in the 20's age group. It is too early to know if this is because of the way the virus works or if it is something to do with the ages of the people who travelled to Mexico, ie if most people travelling to Mexico are young this might explain why most people infected are young.

3. They are looking for H2H transmissions in th wider community before going to phase 6. At the moment the infections are occuring in institutionalized settings, ie schools....they will be looking for sustained H2H transmissions in the wider community

4. No cases reported in Africa yet but this is likely to change as their cold season approaches

5. Virus a concern for people with AIDS who already have a severely compromised immune system . No mention of airborns AIDS/swine virus

6. Normal seasonal influenza kills roughly half a million a year but alot of those that die are very young or very old and in the old cases the infected are already compromised with ehart disease /other health problems. Seasonal influenza is something the human population mostly have immunity to but with a brand new virus like this there is no immunity at all. This is one of the reasons they are "jumping" on this so strongly

7. He mentioned knowing of one confirmed case of someone catching the virus in America rather than Mexico but didn't say what country that person returned to after being in the USA

Basically it will take months rather than weeks to begin to get a handle on it all he said. There are no definitives at this point, it's a waiting and monitoring game

[edit on 6/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Doctors are being warned to prepare for a second, "much worse" wave of swine flu hitting Britain in the autumn, the Health Secretary has disclosed.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Genetic Material of Virus From 1918 Flu Is Found
www.nytimes.com...

One part of the answer is that the Spanish flu virus passed from birds to pigs and then to humans, a mode of transmission that is thought to produce the most dangerous strains of influenza viruses.

1918 killer flu secrets revealed
news.bbc.co.uk...

"The virus caused three waves of disease. The second of these, between September and December 1918, resulting in the heaviest loss of life...Although most people who were infected with the virus recovered within a week following bed rest, some died within 24 hours of infection."

[Spanish] Flu victim exhumed after 85 years
news.bbc.co.uk...
Lethal secrets of 1918 flu virus
news.bbc.co.uk...

The preserved body of a flu victim buried in Arctic permafrost was exhumed, and they painstakingly extracted the genetic material needed to work out the structure of the H1N1 virus.

Then, in a maximum "biosafety" facility at Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory they reconstructed a fully functioning virus, and infected macaque monkeys to see what would happen......

"This research provides an important piece in the puzzle of the 1918 virus, helping us to better understand influenza viruses and their potential to cause pandemics."

link   
Little bits and pieces of truth mixed in with half truths and lies. It's interesting to start seeing them bring up the same subjects we've broached with sources and watch them try and manipulate the information back into the direction they intend to steer us in.

I brought up the man-made origin again with one source who still strongly insists that's the case. I wanted to try and get a handle on where the PTB will go with that one. I wanted to know if they thought it was man-made for a bio weapon / terrorism angle or if it could have been released for profit and political gain as in the theory presented by Dr Horowitz about Nova Vax.

They said either terrorism or an accidental release and expanded with information that accidental releases of biolevel 4 and 5 agents happen "more often that you want know".

I'm not taking a position on which of these is most likely, I'm still studying and gathering facts but keep in mind this particular source is not a student of conspiracy so the possibility of a government / multi-national corporation orchestrated event may be extremely foreign to them. I haven't ruled that one out, personally.

The Q virus
Now this is very interesting given the early Mexico case histories diagnosed as atypical pneumonia rather than flu (which helped delay detection of the new flu virus and possibly contributed to the amount of fatalities). Myself, my family and a great many associates of ours have been sick off and on for better than a month with an upper respiratory infection we can't seem to get rid of.

Also, one of the ongoing theories to explain the higher lethality in Mexico besides the too many patients / too few respirators one is that another illness of some kind was present and contributed to the overall lethal effect of the flu.

Lastly, note the two admitted US deaths both had respiratory problems and both most likely died of pneumonia or respiratory failure "brought on by the flu".

Unfortunately we still need to get 4 weeks downrange from the first US based infections before we can know just how bad / which way this virus will hit us.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by ecoparity]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by ecoparity]

link   
Nothing reported on the TV news this morning.
Nothing in the headlines on the TV news websites.

There has been a cap put on the news.

Delaware now has 26 confirmed cases.
20 at the University of Delaware.
One in a school.
Five at another school.

Nothing in the news on this. Nothing on even the map sites like these -
www.idemc.org...

There could easily be more.

Something stinks to high heaven with this silence.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sorry forgot the most important part -

Since they've begun to openly talk about the secondary pneumonia issue to some extent in the press, if they manage to confirm it as being critical (or already have and are just stalling for time / avoiding panic) we can expect them to hit the full World press with it, bring it up in the CDC and WHO briefings and probably announce there will be some sort of antibiotic regimen given to the infected. Even though Tamiflu and other antivirals will probably do little good I expect them to continue recommending their use in order to preserve the profits and big contracts of the WHO partner big pharma companies.

I expect this to happen anytime from now to one / one and 1/2 weeks from now.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

totally agree. I watched BBC and Sky news this morning, not one word about the American woman dying. It's so obvious they have been ordered from higher ups to keep this all calm.

edit to add....there's just nothing about it at all. No reports on extra cases being confirmed around the world, not even anything about the ones in the UK.

[edit on Wed May 6th 2009 by geek101]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that other than the typical profit and status quo preservation mission, the contradictions and bouncing ball press reports were damaging them so badly in the public eye that they've pulled into a defensive posture and are strictly limiting the amount of coverage now.

Imagine the press, busted lying like a crack head now standing in a corner trying it's best to not even talk about it.

That's probably why we're starting to see nuggets of the truth come out in very tightly wrapped doses. They need to prepare us for the coming "reality" lecture and also try to re-establish what little credibility they have left.

If it weren't for the fact they have a monopoly on the data, no one would be listening to them at all anymore.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Has anyone in the UK recieved a flu leaflet through thier door yet?

I'm quite stunned that in the current economic crisis, the British Government would spend 7 million on an advertising campaign to tell the public to cover thier mouths when they sneeze and wash thier hands. Top that with the extra masks they bought and possibly other things we have yet to hear about. Yet all news has completely dried up about this epidemic.

Do they know something we don't?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is only the second case to be confirmed from S. Korea, but it's already H2H-

www.internationalsos.com...

This is from a link somebody thoughtfully posted. It's the first story but I haven't been able to get the full article yet.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Has anyone in the UK recieved a flu leaflet through thier door yet?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

Nothing... adn I asked over on my forum and nobody there has had one either

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenMyths
Doctors are being warned to prepare for a second, "much worse" wave of swine flu hitting Britain in the autumn, the Health Secretary has disclosed.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Genetic Material of Virus From 1918 Flu Is Found
www.nytimes.com...

One part of the answer is that the Spanish flu virus passed from birds to pigs and then to humans, a mode of transmission that is thought to produce the most dangerous strains of influenza viruses.

1918 killer flu secrets revealed
news.bbc.co.uk...

"The virus caused three waves of disease. The second of these, between September and December 1918, resulting in the heaviest loss of life...Although most people who were infected with the virus recovered within a week following bed rest, some died within 24 hours of infection."

[Spanish] Flu victim exhumed after 85 years
news.bbc.co.uk...
Lethal secrets of 1918 flu virus
news.bbc.co.uk...

The preserved body of a flu victim buried in Arctic permafrost was exhumed, and they painstakingly extracted the genetic material needed to work out the structure of the H1N1 virus.

Then, in a maximum "biosafety" facility at Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory they reconstructed a fully functioning virus, and infected macaque monkeys to see what would happen......

"This research provides an important piece in the puzzle of the 1918 virus, helping us to better understand influenza viruses and their potential to cause pandemics."

Government names swine flu 'tsar'
news.bbc.co.uk...

I don't remember a Bird Flu Tzar in the UK

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't remember anyone here mentioning the Reinhardt thread Reinhardt , but he has been accurately predicting major events rocking the stock market for some time now. He has been on a countdown for about three months, with the final date being May 11th, but with folks who have paid access, tomorrow is going to be significant. He discounts the flu as a distraction, but it is a piece of a larger puzzle. In March, he accurately predicted the September crash.

And it is tabarouette, not tabarnac. Let's keep it polite here! (I am also in a mixed American / French Canadian marriage)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

On the news it showed Posties delivering them with letters.

One thing came to mind when i saw that was 'SPIN'.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by yzzyUK

On the news it showed Posties delivering them with letters.

One thing came to mind when i saw that was 'SPIN'.

Well clearly Southend-on-Sea posties either have small sacks or we already all know how to wash our hands properly so no need for booklets!

The incubation of H1N1??? Is it longer than other strains... I ask because the time line between the 18 month old arriving in the USA, showing symptoms, being taken to hospital and then unfortunately dying was something like 20 days.

I was always led to believe by my nurse mother that virii had a 7 7 7 life... 7 brewing, 7 in you, 7 leaving.

This seems longer?

*Yzzy holds on to sore throat she has been nursing since seeing a Mexican visitor 20 days ago*

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The number of infected people rose from 1084 to around 1500.
If this trend continues, there will be 4 million people infected in 30 days and the whole world in less than a month.
Therefore, the media around the world is suspiciously quiet in the last couple of days. It doesn't make any sense at all!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Lastly, note the two admitted US deaths both had respiratory problems and both most likely died of pneumonia or respiratory failure "brought on by the flu".

Also I wanted to point out (if no one picked up on it):

The comment made by the "concerned citizen" was made on April 29 about 6-7 days prior to the second US death. In her comment, she states she is a medical worker at Valley Baptist Medical Center in Harlingen and refers to "that teacher from Mercedes" who tested positive for the Swine Flu and was on a ventilator in ICU.

"that teacher from Mercedes" IS the woman who died.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
This could actually be a damn curse for our governments. People with no jobs no insurance getting hospital like illnesses.. Bad news.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Adrifter]

Just the opposite. For those pushing for socialized medicine in the US, this is a dream come true. It's a perfect storm that will have the vast majority litterally begging for the federal government to take over healthcare.

new topics

top topics

<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join