It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sorry, but with all this doom and gloom talk...i just had to

Now...

And near Future...3:40+...anyone remember this reference?

Sorry...

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Why did you post those and say sorry at the same time?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I still fill as though theres a connection between Xenotransplantation and the swine flu showing up in humans in Mexico City. Rafael Valdes of the Children's Hospital of Mexico in Mexico City has been doing this since 2001 when he transplanted pig cells into 12 children to try and cure diabetic children. He did this as a rogue doctor becuase the rest of the world warned against this due to swine flu type viruses could jump from human to pig pig to human. They perform these Xenotransplantations without rejection from the human host by altering the white blood cells of the human so the white blood cells do not attack the foriegn pig tissue introduced in there body. There by allowing the pig cells with natural pig diseases to enter and mix with human cells. This current out break I believe shows that this has now happened and humans could now become suspetable to all pig diseases if or when they catch this new swine flu for the new dna change which would occur would unlock all the diseases pigs carry to every human infected with the new h1n1 virus creating a unimaginable health crisis.

Heres a youtube video if you fast forward to around 4 minutes you will find the section speaking about my theroy above.
Xenografts -- Alternative Transplants
Heres a link to Campaign for Responsible Transplantation (CRT) memo talking about Rafael Valdes and his rogue Xenotransplantations.
Lack of Clinical Success, Rogue Transplanters, and Infectious Disease Risks

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Found this article posted 34 mins ago :

Swine flu: the worst is yet to come in autumn, warns Alan Johnson

EXCERPT :
Doctors are being warned to prepare for a second, "much worse" wave of swine flu hitting Britain in the autumn, the Health Secretary has disclosed.

EXCERPT :

He said that previous pandemics had been characterised by a "second phase"

"This is a new virus, it has never been seen before," he told the BBC.

"People talk about Sars and bird flu, and that was never the subject of a WHO alert, and we are now at stage five of an alert.

"Our evidence from all previous pandemics is you get two phases. So you get a first wave which is often very mild and then you get a much more serious wave that comes along in the autumn and the winter.

"So we have to not just deal with this outbreak now but prepare perhaps for a second phase further down the line."

Full Article

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

...lovin the avatar...ironic that the comic series started coming out recently...also had just reread the book a couple of weeks ago.

:duh

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The virus will sustain itself, adapt and survive during the warm months and return.

We could have an entire summer involving a state of emergency.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
so its 4 months to collect all you can and sit in the house for the winter ?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
# US, Nebraska: Kansas City Health Department Confirms Influenza A (H1N1) in Kansas City Resident Hospitalized in Omaha #swineflu8 minutes ago from web

# US, Michigan: 17 New Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Detected Statewide; One Suspected Community Transmission Case #swineflu15 minutes ago from web

# Canada, Alberta: Three New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Provincial Case Count Increases to 18 #swineflu34 minutes ago from web

# US, California, San Diego County: Four Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed by County Health Officials, 15 Total Cases in County35 minutes ago from web

# US, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County: First Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in State #swineflu36 minutes ago from web

# Canada, Toronto: Two New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Provincial Case Count Rises to 16 #swineflu #H1N139 minutes ago from web

# US, Colorado: CDC Confirms Two Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in State, Bringing Total to Four #swineflu #H1N140 minutes ago from web

# US,Louisiana: CDC Confirms the State’s First Seven Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu #H1N141 minutes ago from web

# US, Florida: Governor announces public health emergency. #swineflu #H1N1about 1 hour ago from web

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Another rather sobering article , this time from the Telegraph, exploring the parallels of 1918 to this new virus and what we can potentially expect. Some interesting insights from scientists included :

Swine Flu : How Afraid Should we Be ?

EXCERPT:

Pandemics are the viral equivalent of perfect storms. In order to trigger an event on the scale of 1918, three things have to happen. First, a new influenza virus – one against which people have no or few antibodies – has to emerge from a “hidden” animal reservoir. Second, the virus has to make people sick. Both these conditions have already been met by the new H1N1 sub-type from Mexico. The third thing that needs to happen is that the virus must be able to spread efficiently between people, preferably via a cough, sneeze or handshake.

EXCERPT:

And then, as now, the first cases occurred in the spring, a highly unusual time of year for an outbreak in the northern hemisphere.
The last observation is particularly worrying and explains why scientists have been advising governments to activate their pandemic plans now, rather than waiting for the WHO to declare a level-six alert – the formal signal that a pandemic has started.

EXCERPT:

Once epidemiologists have a better handle on the true level of infections in Mexico and whether the deaths reported so far are due to H1N1 and not some other strain of flu, or even bacterial pneumonias, we will also be in a better position to gauge the attack rate and in which direction the virus is evolving. There is even a possibility that Mexican H1N1 could recombine with H5N1 when it reaches south-east Asia, thus becoming both highly transmissible and highly pathogenic, a combination that surely would be a formula for “Armageddon”.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That's my thinking too. You sound entirely convinced though , can I ask why you are so sure ? Just curious

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It is the definition of a pandemic. The virus literally has to stop and sustain itself within the human population, as a pathogen, it must adapt to us.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
Another rather sobering article , this time from the Telegraph, exploring the parallels of 1918 to this new virus and what we can potentially expect. Some interesting insights from scientists included :

Swine Flu : How Afraid Should we Be ?

EXCERPT:

Pandemics are the viral equivalent of perfect storms. In order to trigger an event on the scale of 1918, three things have to happen. First, a new influenza virus – one against which people have no or few antibodies – has to emerge from a “hidden” animal reservoir. Second, the virus has to make people sick. Both these conditions have already been met by the new H1N1 sub-type from Mexico. The third thing that needs to happen is that the virus must be able to spread efficiently between people, preferably via a cough, sneeze or handshake.

EXCERPT:

And then, as now, the first cases occurred in the spring, a highly unusual time of year for an outbreak in the northern hemisphere.
The last observation is particularly worrying and explains why scientists have been advising governments to activate their pandemic plans now, rather than waiting for the WHO to declare a level-six alert – the formal signal that a pandemic has started.

EXCERPT:

Once epidemiologists have a better handle on the true level of infections in Mexico and whether the deaths reported so far are due to H1N1 and not some other strain of flu, or even bacterial pneumonias, we will also be in a better position to gauge the attack rate and in which direction the virus is evolving. There is even a possibility that Mexican H1N1 could recombine with H5N1 when it reaches south-east Asia, thus becoming both highly transmissible and highly pathogenic, a combination that surely would be a formula for “Armageddon”.

So they do acknowledge that there is a possibility that H5N1 and H1N1 can mutate together?.... disturbing thought.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Notice who is most effected.

Children. Majority of cases are within the child or adolescent population. The adult population is vitally untouched.

Ask yourself why.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

He HX,

I feel i have lived through the Yellowstone disaster and the finacial collapse that destroyed the world as we know it (??) alongside you and i must say that this gives me somewhat of a reassuance that once again we meet in an ATS Big Threat talking about certain doom.....

Ain't live great!!!

Thanks for the suggestion on The Stand, i had it lying around here somewere and i spend a most enjoyable evening watching this masterpiece.

No need for the "sorry" 'cause if we are really gonna go down this i wish it to be ATS style with lots of info and a humorous sidenote....keep 'm coming!!

Peace

Ps: Star for the post and sorry for the typos..(as always, i will not correct them)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Tennessee

You guys and gals are doing such a fine job of keeping this updated these may be old news...

Governor Rendell Announces Pennsylvania's First Confirmed Case of 2009 A/H1N1 Flu

NORRISTOWN, Pa., May 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Edward G. Rendell today announced Pennsylvania's first laboratory-confirmed case of 2009 A/H1N1 in a 31-year-old man from Montgomery County.

Seven H1N1 flu cases confirmed in south Louisiana

Seven cases of H1N1 (swine) flu cases have been confirmed in south Louisiana.

Five of the cases are in Lafayette Parish and there are one each in Ascension and Orleans parishes. All of the people are being treated with antiviral medications at home.

CDC Confirms Initial Case of Novel H1N1 Virus in TN

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the initial case of the novel H1N1 Virus in Tennessee has been confirmed positive.

The Tennessee Department of Health identified the case in Williamson County on April 29.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
# US, Nebraska: Sarpy County: First Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in a Nebraska Resident #swineflu #H1N14 minutes ago from web

# Canada, British Columbia: Seven New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; National Confirmed Case Count Rises to 97 #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is something that has me greatly concerned. This is absolutely unusual in every read I have done on this from all sorts of sources, one of the most curious things about this virus.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Patient Zero was a child.

I am no expert of viruses or their genetic make up, but I do not believe a virus can mutate with a certain genetic could and attack a certain age group. Therefore, conspiracy view point, population control and possible reduction.

If the adults naturally die and a significant percentage of children cannot replace them, who does? No one.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The film, and fantastic novel, Children of Men. The plot is simple, the world population is rapidly reducing. Why?

No children.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Are you and your sources convinced "This is the big one" ?
With all the 1918 parallels - the 3 conditions being met, the age groups being targetted, it beginning out of season etc....it seems like it is.

Is it almost a given that when it stops it WILL adapt to us and therefore return more aggressively ...and lethally ? Or is it equally possible it will get weaker ?

Has there ever been a similar virus outbreak that shared these SAME parallels with 1918 but FAILED to adapt well so became weaker rather than stronger ?

top topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join