It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 262
<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by ecoparity

Originally posted by ecoparity

I've done my part and warned people. I hoped other people with contacts would be here but that hasn't been the case, sadly. Like I said, it's all there for those willing to look for it. The people who want to sit back and get a pretty package all MTV style need to change the channel.

Good luck and all that stuff.

are you expecting them to disclose their sources when you wont disclose yours? or do you just want someone to say hey i heard from a guy at the gym who heard from his chiro who heard from his garbage man who knows someone who knows that we are all screwed.

lol, lmao on this one. Oh goodness.

Infinite, I starred you for posting all the twitters updates regularly.

Thanks!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Not being funny but all this too -ing and fro-ing about Ecoparty is getting really irritating. It's going nowhere so why keep labouring it all....just ignore his posts if you think he's full of crap and leave it at that, he has said all he can say in his "defense", this is going round in circles

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Reuters asked about optimism:

Cautious, good news about slowed deaths too soon to state extent of disease, expects more severe cases and deaths and concerned about fall.

Washington Post: reasortment between human and pigs

Usual that virus don't cross transmit...but is possible, tech stuff hope I can keep up.....

Talking about the process of genomes??? Pieces of genes, if host is infected with two virus genes can swap and some segments from one virus hooks up with others. in pigs, susceptible to both swine, avian and human...great mixers.
If pigs infected with new virus and current there could be additional reassortment. If human had seasonal and this one a new virus could emerge with properties of both.

asking where began:
Impossible to know...gene segments of mongrel flu has closets ancestral genes in swine is working hypothesis that it took place in pigs, but not sure at all. Based it on gene segments. Origin of genes has nothign to do with eating pork...keep the economy up

Wall St. Journal: How worried that the mixing of genes will happen with public health concerns

Concerned with virus as is, possibility of reassortments is also a concern emphasizes ongoing efforts to keep interactions from incurring vet practices and human practices. Said major concern right at the end

Science magazine: Possible to contain this virus at early stage?

Don't think it is possible now or at time of discovery. Stopping it at source is part of pandemic planning...by time aware this new strain was in multiple locations and was considered un containable. Same old precautions mentioned. Perhaps future ways to contain now now.

NPR: US 30 hospitalized cases...any info??? US...NY health dept estimates 1 of 3 kids at prep school....how does that size up.

severity...information being gathered..some severe, too soon to say extent of severity. Difference in hospitalization are not in typical age groups in this one it is in the older kids and younger adults, still too soon to say if this will be the trend.

NYC 33% pretty normal for reg flu...this spread easy between high school kids very transmissible virus. Don't know yet how severe.

CBS: School closing guidelines

CDC posted guidance....local authorities have more info respect their choices will update guidance as needed and how it goes. current is: identified case they should consider 2 week dismissal. Could be considered for probable too. Developed on new situation...may decrease transmission and slow spread to kids and beyond. Kids need to not gather in groups outside school, kills the purpose of stopping school. Praising Ft. Worth.

Bloomberg: vaccine development

Who to get the seed strains. Academic lab has it to reverse genetic the virus. sorry not too good at medical stuff. Since CA cases moving to find candidate vaccine virus. ways to make them and some take growing virus and use own techs to make candidate viruses some to manufacturers. Still has not mentioned any names.....never does

Baltimore Sun: Probable cases, back log what is the time line for confiramation

Operating at full capacity all labs on all levels....new virus kits shipped out to labs so they can confirm new strain themselves. Again no clear answer so far....new guidance on testing and typing for providers....no answer on timeline for confirmations....

missed the press: vacinne question

deciding who would get the first vaccines. Perhaps older people have better chance, no idea what population to target. Pilot lot will tell them about dosage, and it is a variable they don't know yet. Working to get enough for 2 doses for each american too soon to tell if large scale vaccine production yet.

AP:Use of widespread to describe US Virus:
in many places many different states reporting. from NY they have seen spread is very common and that all the US likely has virus circulating.

follow up. 262 confirmed today were all confirmed by CDC?

Mixture is catch up not big difference in one day....things are getting more streamlined and that is why such a big number, states can now confirm and she expects the number to jump in few days

NY Times: Finding in Canada, is there a need for looking at hog farms more closely.

USDA has lead on US issues. duh...they have a program to assess situation to be sure their procedures are good and on ground. suggests contact USDA

End of news conference:

I hope that if I did miss any misspelled words the spell checker missed you will forgive me. I tried to pick out the pertinent points for you guys in case you didn't get to see it. Since the networks cut after about 2 minutes. red

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

you are a smart person so you should understand why people would call what you say BS. if i said a nuke is going to go off in a major city, and then i say get the hell out now, then i say i cant tell you how i know this just trust me, would you really believe a word i say when i make such a major claim?

i dont care to know your sources, i would ask them the same thing id ask you. where is the proof. now you say you were hoping people with sources would come here as well.

are you expecting them to disclose their sources when you wont disclose yours? or do you just want someone to say hey i heard from a guy at the gym who heard from his chiro who heard from his garbage man who knows someone who knows that we are all screwed.

you know what im getting at. currently what you say is just rummors.
if you do know something , show us what we need to know dont ask us to go search the nets to find it.
save the human race man!

Are you really this dense or has the damage control squad arrived?

I just explained to you exactly why the pandemic response plan continues moving forward despite the media reports of ever shrinking victims and a lack of dead bodies outside of Mexico. What exactly qualifies as proof of what I've told you? Unless you know someone high enough up at CDC or the WHO willing to talk openly with you there is no "proof" other than common sense. I'm not going to post CDC meeting memos and documents, period.

Do you or anyone else here have an alternate explanation for the huge disconnect between the public information and the actions being taken? If you do, I'd love to hear it. I'd love to hear any viable data that counters what my sources are telling me.

I don't want to die but I can deal with that. I can't stand to think of having to watch my soul mate or my beautiful, intelligent and innocent children doing so. If you think I'm enjoying myself you're #ed.

I've told you what the govt and media won't and it fits, perfectly. Please explain to me what your opposing data is. Why are they doing one thing and saying another?

If you can't see that my explanation is the only possible answer standing on it's own logic - there's nothing I can do for you. You and a few other people are picking at a sore you find bothersome, asking for "proof" that does not yet exist because you don't like what I'm telling you.

Go back and read my previous posts. Some of that intel has already borne out in press interviews and briefings. At some point this issue of "time" will be discussed publicly but in such a way as to not give you the full picture.

Panic and disorder must be avoided, at all costs. The number one mission for these people is to preserve the existing order, to maintain "civilization" even if to do so means sacrificing millions of you by lying to you. They would prefer you die than panic and engage in violence.

Now, what exactly do any of you disagree with in this? If you can explain to me why they are doing one thing and saying another then please enlighten us all.

This is a screenshot:

from a high level government meeting in Mexico this past week. It's a presentation showing the total number of confirmed swine flu fatalities and locations of same as of that date.

Please explain to me why the number became 7 shortly after without the CDC, WHO or press saying anything about it.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

You requested a link. I can't link. I read it off the newspaper that is sitting in front of me.

Wilmington Delware News Journal.
(Joe Bidens' Hometown)

I'm reading from the story in the paper.

400 students at the University of Delaware were sick with flu symptoms.
Only 10 got tested. All ten came back positive for Swine Flu.

My note ... 'they' are saying that there are only 10 confirmed cases in Delaware. But that definately isn't all the cases here. 400 were sick. Ten got tested. that's 390 that aren't being reported.

CDC
On to the other issue - read this ...

The priority use for influenza antiviral drugs during this outbreak will be to treat people with severe flu illness.

Limiting Tamiflu to only those 'severe' cases???? WTF??? We have 50 million doses in this country. If this thing is 'no big deal' like they are trying to pretend then why are they rationing the tamiflu to only 'severe' cases???

SIDE NOTE - I wanna know how many points Vitchilo had before he/she started this thread?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

More words but little to go on...

"But health officials in the United States expressed cautious optimism about the course of the disease. And the Mexican health minister said that in his country, the hardest hit and where the flu was first reported, the worst had passed.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano predicted on Sunday that W.H.O. might “very well” elevate its flu alert from Level 5 to Level 6, the highest, this week. W.H.O. officials have also indicated that such a move may be imminent.

Ms. Napolitano emphasized, however, that even the highest-level W.H.O. warning was not in itself a cause for grave concern. It would indicate that the current flu strain has reached pandemic status, but there can be a pandemic of a mild disease, and this strain is looking milder than first thought.

“Level 6, which they very well could go to this week, all that means is that it is widespread around the world,” Ms. Napolitano said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

Other American health officials spoke of “encouraging signs” in the flu’s course, even while cautioning of the substantial uncertainties surrounding any new strain."

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm married, happily with two beautiful little girls. The only U2U action I'm getting is from the same 3 people pushing me to expose sources.

I've done my part and warned people. I hoped other people with contacts would be here but that hasn't been the case, sadly. Like I said, it's all there for those willing to look for it. The people who want to sit back and get a pretty package all MTV style need to change the channel.

Good luck and all that stuff.

Unfortunately, here on ATS when you post stuff as dramatically as you have, many people will not take that at face value without just a smidgen of backup.

Too many people come on here and make wild and unsubstantiated claims, overly dramatizing issues and often just plain making stuff up.

Others are obviously simply deluded.

You seem like an intelligent chap, but so are half the doctors I know and I wouldn't trust a single one of them with my health as they know next to nothing about the subject.

Blessings to you and thanks for making the effort to warn us. Sorry some of us aren't prepared to simply take your written word on it.

Best
R

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
not gonna go on about this much, it seems to me that people here are forgeting how much power tptb have over isp's. you can bet that they are watching every, blog, forum, chatroom, tweet, email, and any other thing on the internet that puts out to much info, other than the party line.

the more speculation, rumors, and false statement made,the better for them. just helps them to keep the truth hidden. there may be some people in the know who might get some truth out, but you may hear from them once or twice and then theres nothing.

we should all be ready in case things do get bad and stop getting so PO'ED
at one another

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you guys want to hear the facts rather than a lot of speculation, you should check out the sources on this thread and SAVE them. We've got an mp3 from Robert Kadlec, CFR former special assistant to prez explaining that we may need 2 simple vaccines within 6 months, but they want funding for ADVANCED vaccines, test centers, and to finish topping off the tamiflu and relenza stores. I think if you follow the legislation paper trail you guys will have less fear about what might happen, because the paper determines what they are legally authorized to do.

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare

On a related note: Search for 'Bioshield' in the search field...You'll get the thread but notice the date, Feb 5. This error has not been corrected and it may be keeping this thread from showing up in date order for some people. Not accusing admins of an intentional bury, but technically it was buried for some time, not listed in the Swine flu section in it's proper date order, until I brought it up in the thread.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

thankyou for that screenshot, that is very very interesting - im no expert and cannot speak much spanish but i presume that says 159 official deaths confirmed. Now today there are apprently only "19" in mexico. Smells like BS to me.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We all seem to have tunnel vision here. We need to take a step back and see what else is going on around the world.

Somebody posted something about the EU voting on new internet restrictions. This really made me angry. What you are reading now is different to what i was originally going to post, because what i was originally going to post probably would have had MI5 knocking at my door.

Does an attack upon the internet, not also constitute an attack on ATS, whether directly or indirectly? Consider also the detiriorating situation in Pakistan. I am not saying this flu isn't real, but some have questioned whether it is all being blown out of proportion. One way or another i feel we've all been had.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i guess everybody took a time out!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm still in the wait and see camp on the flu, and 1 confirmed patient is being treated in the hospital I was born in, less than 20 miles from where I currently live. That's the LaGrange Georgia case. I can shed some light on why through last night they still were not showing any Georgia cases on the national media. The local paper reported that because the lady lived in Kentucky and only got sick in Georgia they consider it a Kentucky case.

I'm rather disturbed about the obvious information management going on in the MSM, and the lack of news footage out of Mexico. This is the only thing I've found lately anywhere. I haven't heard anything out of Cancun, which is doubly interesting because quite a few of the US cases visited there.

Indy report from Mexico

(If anyone could send me a quick U2U on how to embed youtube vid I'll edit to embed it)

[edit on 3-5-2009 by jefwane]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elusive1
If you guys want to hear the facts rather than a lot of speculation, you should check out the sources on this thread and SAVE them. We've got an mp3 from Robert Kadlec, CFR former special assistant to prez explaining that we may need 2 simple vaccines within 6 months, but they want funding for ADVANCED vaccines, test centers, and to finish topping off the tamiflu and relenza stores. I think if you follow the legislation paper trail you guys will have less fear about what might happen, because the paper determines what they are legally authorized to do.

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare

On a related note: Search for 'Bioshield' in the search field...You'll get the thread but notice the date, Feb 5. This error has not been corrected and it may be keeping this thread from showing up in date order for some people. Not accusing admins of an intentional bury, but technically it was buried for some time, not listed in the Swine flu section in it's proper date order, until I brought it up in the thread.

That is a link that everyone should check and flag that thread. How very interesting that when they poison us, those who can't or won't avoid the vaccine, that we can't even have legal recourse. Don't you just love a good conspiracy?

I have to say that I do think this is going to be bad, like movie bad. I hope I am wrong I really do, but with this much hiding, number fudging and conflicting stories something really, really big is under the surface. I am willing to bet there is layer upon layer of filth going on behind the scenes.

I am off to see if AJ has anything new and interesting in his site today.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Removed................

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Originally posted by jefwane
I'm still in the wait and see camp on the flu, and 1 confirmed patient is being treated in the hospital I was born in, less than 20 miles from where I currently live. That's the LaGrange Georgia case. I can shed some light on why through last night they still were not showing any Georgia cases on the national media. The local paper reported that because the lady lived in Kentucky and only got sick in Georgia they consider it a Kentucky case.

I'm rather disturbed about the obvious information management going on in the MSM, and the lack of news footage out of Mexico. This is the only thing I've found lately anywhere. I haven't heard anything out of Cancun, which is doubly interesting because quite a few of the US cases visited there.

Indy report from Mexico

(If anyone could send me a quick U2U on how to embed youtube vid I'll edit to embed it)

Sorry for the double post

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
these are my concerns over why i think this is bad and not "mild":

-obvious number hiding and fixing - the screenshot earlier posted by ecoparity is a disgrace - 159 confirmed dead and now apparently only 19.

-the WHO, level 5 , bordering on a 6 for a "mild flu". doesnt add up.

- money - in these times you just cannot afford to waste money - the goverment here in the UK spends money on buying millions more face masks, tamiflu and even shoots an advert !(an advert for a susposed "mild flu") and 60 million leaflets.

- the media blackout - massive hype and then today swine flu is the 3rd story down the line - doesnt add up again - its like ever since level 5 was reached the media has just been ordered to stop - i mean surely u would expect even more coverage as the level has been raised.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by elitegamer23

Not being funny but all this too -ing and fro-ing about Ecoparty is getting really irritating. It's going nowhere so why keep labouring it all....just ignore his posts if you think he's full of crap and leave it at that, he has said all he can say in his "defense", this is going round in circles

i understand what you are saying but his story is distracting from what we should be talking about maybe.

it just bothers me when someone makes such a enormous claim, and says trust me, but then acts there is no reason to give us some proof to open our eyes.

you just cant act like you care about the ats members then act like you dont care by not showing us 'what we should know'.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are you really this dense or has the damage control squad arrived?

dont get your panties in a bunch man.
you supposedly have info that you are privy to and we would like to see what you say you have.

You and a few other people are picking at a sore you find bothersome, asking for "proof" that does not yet exist because you don't like what I'm telling you.

I'm not going to post CDC meeting memos and documents, period.

does that not consitute as being proof?

If you can't see that my explanation is the only possible answer standing on it's own logic

many different scenarios could be assumed from this whole flu outbreak situation.
my problem is so many people have come onto ats acting like they have this bit of information that nobody else on this board has access to and that we all should believe them and act on it.

its a game that grows tiresome.
dont throw such a fit because people dont believe what you are saying 100%.

how many diffrent stories have you heard now about this swine flu? hundreds plus more. i just want to know if what you say is something to seriously be listened to , or just another rumor.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by elitegamer23]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

I think they have to tread a cautious line as this is a new virus, not some "normal" flu and it's the kind that could potentially turn into something like 1918 . Going to level 6 is also a way to alert the entire globe to this new threat and get everyone around the world working on it, monitoring it, researching it, tracking its evolution etc. It needs a high level of attention and an alarm bell because of it's potential to develop into something that could kill tens of millions if it evolves into something like 1918. It's the beginnings of something that could get very bad so of course they have to sound the warning bell to the whole world.

I'm not saying there aren't things that are being covered up, but I am saying that obsfucated truths aside there are logical reasons to go to level 6 atm which does not necessarily mean that the exisiting version of the virus is set to kill millions.

Pandemic preparedness would obviously include mobilizing all sorts of stuff like temporary hospitals, masses of respirators, coffins, etc....they would need all these in place in CASE it goes haywire. No good waiting until the last moment when SHTF, there is much to prepare for "in case" . That stuff like this is going on right now does not mean "this is it right now" necessarily but they have to cover potential eventualities.

If you were told a cyclone MIGHT come your way, would you wait until it's a mile from your house before you got in your car and legged it ? No, you'd take precautions wouldn't you.

new topics

top topics

<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join