It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I'll post what info I damn well feel like posting, period. If it bothers you, or you don't like it then feel free to ignore it.

I have yet to see any of you post anything even approaching a counter position. If you want to cite the current press reports, take the position that the numbers and data being given to you by the media are correct then please, do so.

I don't have a direct line to the man behind the curtain who knows all, these are people who are working this problem and happen to be on the other side of the bull# filter the media is so busy putting up.

I've given you people the data I can responsibly give you. The verification of it is right in your face, even in the other posts among this thread. Setting that aside, how exactly do you propose I prove anything to you? It's all becoming public knowledge but it's not leading the nightly news right now.

OK, the press reports on victims are completely accurate, they aren't hiding anything. This is a mild flu that's gone away. Feel free to gather in large crowds, ride public transportation and don't worry about the people coughing and sneezing.

Feel better now?

One thing I've noticed about ATS. Anytime someone shares "inside" info there's always a few people who show up, contribute nothing and push that poster to expose his sources in order to "prove" credibility. Get this straight. I don't give a # about "credibility" on a forum. I'm passing on what I'm being told, if it's wrong I'm not the one who came up with it. If you disagree with the information then please, explain why and show us why the information is wrong. At this point I've done more than enough and you've gotten all you're going to get from this source.

I honestly don't know why I waste my time.

Dude, no body gives a crap about your sources. We want the information you told us about but still continue to refuse to post. Did you not expect a reaction to the teaser you gave us earlier?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

Dude, no body gives a crap about your sources. We want the information you told us about but still continue to refuse to post. Did you not expect a reaction to the teaser you gave us earlier?

Wasn't the killing 70%+ of the worlds population the info he was referring to earlier???

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
Questioner brought up issue of Mexican Health minister saying virus has peaked and is now on the decline.

WHO spokesperson's rather cautionary (and interesting) response was to pointedly mention the 1918 pandemic and how it began mild, waned and "came back with a vengeance and killed 40 million people" . He said there is a "high possibility" the same will happen with this virus once the colder months come around and it would not be good to let ones guard down.

Don't forget that the colder months start very soon in New Zealand.Their winter starts

New Zealand winter is in June, July and August.

wiki.answers.com...
And they have

New Zealand records 13 confirmed swine flu cases, 104 suspected cases
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by tarifa37]

link   
I've been watching this thread for over a week, and joined ATS just now just so I can say please don't go away, Ecoparity!

link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by pmbhuntress

H1N1 (human)
H3N2 (swine) ?????
(birdflu???)

I forgot to respond to this portion

H1N1 is a swine avian mix
H3N2 is an avian
The last is a B influenza...not bird flu but I don't know the mix. However I could find out. It is considered to be less symptomatic the the A virus, which the first two are.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Thought I would add a little more to the info. you posted above.

Avian influenza virus H3N2 is endemic in pigs in China and has been detected in pigs in Vietnam, increasing fears of the emergence of new variant strains. Health experts say pigs can carry human influenza viruses, which can combine (i.e. exchange homologous genome sub-units by genetic reassortment) with H5N1, passing genes and mutating into a form which can pass easily among humans. H3N2 evolved from H2N2 by antigenic shift and caused the Hong Kong Flu pandemic of 1968 and 1969 that killed up to
750,000 humans.
[link:en.wikipedia.org...]

If Mexico is testing for H1N1, could they miss H2N3 or H3N2? Could that be the reason they are reporting the decrease in numbers in Mexico?

Look forward to your insight.

Thanks,
pax

[edit on 3-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamana

Wasn't the killing 70%+ of the worlds population the info he was referring to earlier???

If he posted that earlier than I missed it. I guess I am expecting some huge ground breaking post by what he described. I've heard a lot of strange and horrifying things but not everyone believes what is said on the AJ Show and by Dr. Diegal.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

People caught early and treated seem to have made a full recovery. The same thing happened in Mexico, even at ground zero (if you believe La Gloria is indeed, ground zero). They were given every drug the clinicia had and even patient zero recovered. Now we have a report that some of these earliest of victims are becoming ill again.

So, my first thought on this is perhaps giving the antiviral prevents your immune system from building up antibodies against it thus, you can be reinfected with the same strain or a slightly mutated one.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If he posted that earlier than I missed it. I guess I am expecting some huge ground breaking post by what he described. I've heard a lot of strange and horrifying things but not everyone believes what is said on the AJ Show and by Dr. Diegal.

Jones made a guess on the bridge virus thing based on the reports that the virus was pig / human / avian. Then again, he does get intel from sources, he just jumps to bad conclusions with that intel.

The genetic analysis that turned up matches for geese and ducks (as in this virus has the potential to infect them and swine) was just completed in the last 24 hours.

If the fact that this virus has already made or was born with everything it needs to send H5N1 into humans doesn't bother you or meet your definition of "pants crapping scary" then you're an idiot.

Even before the flu started wrapping up confirmed infections in the US incidents of mass fatalities among wild birds, pigs and cattle were occurring in the US South West.

Do I really have to hammer you over the head with it? I don't want to scare people, especially the numerous single ladies on this thread. I don't know how to tell them that everything is probability and it's not hopeless, no matter how bad it looks. It's all here in the thread for those who want to find it and hopefully for those who don't it's obscure enough to ignore.

Thanks for pushing the issue.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Now we have a report that some of these earliest of victims are becoming ill again.

What are they becoming ill with, does anyone know ? Sorry, I've missed the news on this previously

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

LONG time lurker here, first time poster, so if I'm not doing this right...eh, I'll eventually figure it out.

Anyways, what prompted me to post was a comment my neighbor lady made last night. Our town is about 6500 population and she works at our local hospital up the road. She says she has just been so busy lately what with alllll the meetings about this darn swine flu. That was her general opinion of it. So bothersome but not worrisome. Also the fact that is has a 7 day gestation period. Her words from what she has been told in these meetings.

Is gestation another word for incubation? 7 days before symptoms are shown?

I'm in northwest Iowa if it matters.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Jones made a guess on the bridge virus thing based on the reports that the virus was pig / human / avian. Then again, he does get intel from sources, he just jumps to bad conclusions with that intel.

The genetic analysis that turned up matches for geese and ducks (as in this virus has the potential to infect them and swine) was just completed in the last 24 hours.

If the fact that this virus has already made or was born with everything it needs to send H5N1 into humans doesn't bother you or meet your definition of "pants crapping scary" then you're an idiot.

Even before the flu started wrapping up confirmed infections in the US incidents of mass fatalities among wild birds, pigs and cattle were occurring in the US South West.

Do I really have to hammer you over the head with it? I don't want to scare people, especially the numerous single ladies on this thread. I don't know how to tell them that everything is probability and it's not hopeless, no matter how bad it looks. It's all here in the thread for those who want to find it and hopefully for those who don't it's obscure enough to ignore.

The current virus mutating the H5N1 so that it can infect humans is scary. It has been posted here and talked about on ATS as well. It has also been on other places including AJ. I took it by your post that you had new information and to me this was old.

This is in fact very scary and I think it's something every one is thinking and is worried about.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Do I really have to hammer you over the head with it? I don't want to scare people, especially the numerous single ladies on this thread.

i like hearing what you have to post but this is ATS and u cant just come here saying i heard this or i know this without showing a tiny amount of proof.

the line about how you dont want to scare the single ladies makes me wonder if you just like the attention you might recieve in the thread or u2u , especially from the female members.

this is the net and sometimes guys cant control themselves when it comes to attention from females.

you really shouldnt expect anyone to take what you say for anything more then a rumor. if we are all going to die why would it matter if you explained to us or proved to us what ' you know'.

if you cant then lets all just drop what you may know and focus on something that we might be able to find a tiny amount of something to back it up.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is interesting:

www.interbent.com...

Just found this on Digg.com a moment ago.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is from Bloomberg and seems to be in line with what I was noticing-

Higher U.S. Tally

The new influenza strain, a conglomeration of genes from swine, bird and human viruses, poses the biggest threat of a flu pandemic since 2003, when the H5N1 strain killed millions of birds and hundreds of people, William Schaffner, an influenza expert at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee, said in a May 1 interview.

“In Nashville, we are getting the sense that out in our community there is a lot of relatively mild influenza illness among children and increasing among their parents -- much of this is suspected to be H1N1,” Schaffner said. “By now our usual influenza season is over by weeks, but that’s clearly not the case.”

This wasn't in my local news though.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thanks a lot for all of your info it is really helping us all get the bigger picture of this. There is a lot here that we are not being told by TPTB!!

Also side note All schools in Marshall CO, IA are closed for at least a week

www.desmoinesregister.com

link   

Well to put it bluntly.......If the H5N1 is being bridged where it can go human to human.......mammal to mammal.....yes the death toll will be great........in part I think to the vacinnation..........

Yes the info is on these threads..........Just look at government interventions concerning pandemics.........spells death to me???

The key that I see for survival is isolation from all mammals and do not take any form of the vaccine.........

link   
Guys, check out this (apparently a letter on the Swine Flu has leaked):
www.unknowncountry.com...

Content of the letter was:
o The virus is infectious for about 2 days prior to symptom onset

o Virus sheds more than 7 days after symptom onset (possibly as long as 9 days) (this is unusual)

o Since it is such a novel (new) virus, there is no "herd immunity," so the "attack rate" is very high. This is the percentage of people who come down with a virus if exposed. Almost everyone who is exposed to this virus will become infected, though not all will be symptomatc. That is much higher than seasonal flu, which averages 10-15%. The "clinical attack rate" [of this strain] may be around 40-50%. This is the number of people who show symptoms. This is a huge number. It is hard to convey the seriousness of this

o The virulence (deadliness) of this virus is as bad here as in Mexico, and there are folks on ventilators here in the US, right now. This has not been in the media, but a 23 month old near here is fighting for his life, and a pregnant woman just south of San Antonio is fighting for her life. (update: the child died, the first fatality on US soil) In Mexico, these folks might have died already, but here in the US, folks are getting Tamiflu or Relenza quickly, and we have ready access to ventilators. What this means is that within a couple of weeks, regional hospitals will likely become overwhelmed.

o Some of the kids with positive cases in Comal County had more than 70 contacts before diagnosis.

o There are 10-25 times more actual cases (not "possible- cases" actual), than what is being reported in the media. The way they fudge on reporting this is that it takes 3 days to get the confirmatory nod from the CDC on a given viral culture, but based on epidemiological grounds, we know that there are more than 10 cases for each "confirmed" case right now.

o During the night, we crossed the threshold for the definition of a WHO, Phase 6 global pandemic. This has not happened in any of our lifetimes so far.

o I expect President Obama will declare an emergency sometime in the next 72-96 hours. This may not happen, but if it doesn't, I will be surprised. When this happens, all public gathering will be canceled for 10 days.

o I suggest all of us avoid public gatherings. Outdoor activities are not as likely to lead to infection. It is contained areas and close contact that are the biggest risk.

o Tamiflu is running out. There is a national stockpile, but it will have to be carefully managed, as it is not enough to treat the likely number of infections when this is full-blown. I don't think there is a big supply of Relenza, but I do not know those numbers. If I had to choose, I would take Relenza, as I think it gets more drug to the affected tissue than Tamiflu.

o You should avoid going to the ER if you think you have been exposed or are symptomatic. ER's south of here are becoming overwhelmed - and I mean that - already. It is coming in waves, but the waves are getting bigger.

o It appears that this flu produces a distinctive "hoarseness" in many victims. The symptoms, in general, match other flu's; namely, sore throat, body aches, headache, cough, and fever. Some have all these symptoms, while others may have only one or two.

o N-Acetyl-Cysteine? a nutritional supplement available at the health food store or Wimberley Pharmacy, has been shown to prevent or lessen the severity of influenza. I suggest 1200mg, twice a day for adults, and 600mg twice a day in kids over 12. It would be hard to get kids under 12 to take it, but you could try opening the capsules and putting it on yogurt. For 40 pounds and up, 300-600 mg twice a day, for less than 40 pounds, half that.

o Oscillococinum, a homeopathic remedy, has been vindicated as quite effective in a large clinical trial in Europe, with an H1N1 variant.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Originally posted by pcgeek

Also side note All schools in Marshall CO, IA are closed for at least a week

www.desmoinesregister.com

my kid will be so sad if they cancel her clasess. i will add a girl in her class has been out of class since monday. when she told me at first i was wondering if the girl was ill or her parents were just worried and were holding her out of school til this swine flu passes.

my kid told me yesterday the teacher informed the class the student had mono. why would a teacher even disclose such info to a second grade class? is that even legal?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

If Mexico is testing for H1N1, could they miss H2N3 or H3N2? Could that be the reason they are reporting the decrease in numbers in Mexico? Look forward to your insight.

Yes, that has been my thought. They are putting all their resources into detection of H1N1 that they may not be looking for the others. Then again, maybe, once it is determined not to be H1N1 they look for the others and are decreasing the death rate on that basis.

Just some additional info to help determine the true status as CDC is lagging behind about 4 days.

Bear in mind, they are only getting probable cases now. Most of the other, at least in US can be ruled out in local labs.

I posted earlier information from my local health dept. They are putting everything out to the public. Here is the link

Of suspected cases only 13 percent became probable. Suspected cases are sent bases on a positive swab of flu A. Further testing makes it probable. Every probable case that has been returned to this lab has been positive.

Don't know about Mexico. Maybe they didn't get the resources early to rule out suspected cases.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yet about the leaked letter, sorry if it has been already posted. I remember reading something similar here a few days ago

new topics

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join