It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
When the healthy are sick to nurse the dying, then we'll have some serious s#*t going on...

Brace yourselfs people, the media is going silent. This means that the situation is so severe that they can't report it. It is forbidden to cause global panic, so actualy, these people are just doing there jobs.

Don't blame the media, blame yourself if your not informed and get infected.

What do the rest of you guys think? Are we being left in the dark because its escalated?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by PurpleIvy]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

If the fact that this virus has already made or was born with everything it needs to send H5N1 into humans doesn't bother you or meet your definition of "pants crapping scary" then you're an idiot.

You are saying that our current circulating H1N1 has all the genetic dna that is missing from H5N1. Now just sit and wait for co-infection and if it doesn't happen soon enough, manufacture it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Listen, I don't trust these people and their numbers one little bit. We have been waiting now in Monroe County since Wednesday to hear whether or not this probable case is positive or not....seems like too long to me.

ecoparity I am not much on the science of virus technology but from the reading I have been doing this is not right, there is something amiss and they are not telling us the truth.

As mentioned earlier, in a county with not one confirmed case of this thing they are talking about shut downs of services? I know this woman and she would not have told us to make sure we have at least a full week supply of everything that we would need for nothing. If the governor of NY is talking about shutting things down upstate, well Western NY, then I am past concerned.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

One thing I've noticed about ATS. Anytime someone shares "inside" info there's always a few people who show up, contribute nothing and push that poster to expose his sources in order to "prove" credibility. Get this straight. I don't give a # about "credibility" on a forum. I'm passing on what I'm being told, if it's wrong I'm not the one who came up with it. If you disagree with the information then please, explain why and show us why the information is wrong. At this point I've done more than enough and you've gotten all you're going to get from this source.

While I certainly understand that you have the right to share or not this information, I'm not sure why it would upset you when readers question the veracity of your information.

I would suggest that others are interested because what you present seems entirely plausible but if you have been on this or any other message board for any length of time, it would be clear that there are those who will offer seemingly solid information only to be proven less than credible.

That said, the readers of your information must respect that you can't disclose your sources in order to protect them or you. No one has the right to demand anything of you.

Still, you seem like a thoughtful, reasonable person and thus must certainly understand why the reader would want to somehow verify what you are reporting.

I believe, and I could be wrong, that in the past some of the resident, "experts," have validated themselves to board management, who in turn will vouch for the poster's credentials without disclosing any of the info that was shared.

It's your decision of course.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Single females here at ATS?

Well if thats the case I must say, if your worried that the end is coming, and you want to spend your last days with a stud muffin - U2U me

Sorry, I thought a little humor would lighten things up a bit.

OK serious time. There are posters here saying this is still bad. I appreciate the information, but more importantly what do we do?
I mean if this is as bad as some are foreseeing, is there anything normal average (not too average, I am a stud muffin remember) can do to see this event out of it turns nasty?

The info is good, scary as hell at times, but needed, but I am still left wondering, if it does happen as some are predicting, can we do anything about it?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

I think she got her terms mixed up. Gestation has to do with pregnancy and the time from conception to birth. She may have meant incubation

Medterms

Try the link above when you find a term you don't understand. There are a lot of terms being bandied about that many non medical people don't understand and it can be key to having a true picture of what is going on.

BTW, seven days seems a little long for incubation. Could she have meant from the time you show symptoms until they become severe?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
# Spain, Castilla-La Mancha: Two Additional Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; One With No Travel History Abroad #swineflu26 minutes ago from web

# UK, England: Two new confirmed influenza A(H1N1) cases in the London area; one had contact with traveler recently returned from Mexico.29 minutes ago from web

# Israel, Tel Aviv: Country's Fourth Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed in 20-Year-Old Female #swineflu #H1N1about 1 hour ago from web

# US, New Mexico: State Officials Announce First Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1); Identified in Valencia County #swineflu #H1N1about 2 hours ago from web

# Italy: Health Minister confirms second influenza A (H1N1) case nationwide; man from Rome with recent travel history to Mexico. #swinefluabout 2 hours ago from web

# Germany, Frankfurt (Oder): Robert Koch Institute Confirms Two New Cases of Influenza A(H1N1); Both On Flight From Hamburg #swinefluabout 3 hours ago from web

# US, California State University, Long Beach: Officials Confirm Case of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu #H1N1about 3 hours ago from web

# Columbia, Zipaquirá: First Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1) In South America Reported #swineflu #H1N1about 3 hours ago from web

# Mexico: Health Minister Confirms 3 Additional Fatal Cases and 30 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Total Reaches 473 Cases, 19 Fatalabout 3 hours ago from web

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
One thing that is bothering me is why the little banners numbering so few deaths in Mexico...propaganda anyone????

Does anyone know of a live link to the coming CDC conference? I am tired of them cutting when they feel we have heard enough, even at the local level. I would love to see the thing on a stream where the networks can't cut it. red

edit:found it streaming on cnn.com if anyone is interested in hearing the latest spin

One new confirmed death and I think she just said 30 hospitalized cases! Funny, cnn has already cut the feed.

She said wide spread infection expected, it doesn't look like regular flu. Trying to find new ways to describe the trends. Encouraging signs it may be leveling off in Mexico, but too soon to be sure.

Will try to keep up in another post

[edit on 5/3/2009 by redhead57]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

There's nothing you can do except try not to catch it, have loads of supplies and become a hermit and watch the world turn into a horror movie right before your eyes. If this goes like 1918 then we will be witnesses to the world falling into complete an utter chaos, fear and despair. It will be terrifying and demand every ounce of fortitude and courage we can muster. The economy will completely collapse, hundreds of millions could die, on top of all the other $hit going on. We sit here and watch movies about this kind of thing but if it happens for real the world will BE the movie and the scariest ride of our lives.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm married, happily with two beautiful little girls. The only U2U action I'm getting is from the same 3 people pushing me to expose sources.

I've done my part and warned people. I hoped other people with contacts would be here but that hasn't been the case, sadly. Like I said, it's all there for those willing to look for it. The people who want to sit back and get a pretty package all MTV style need to change the channel.

Good luck and all that stuff.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

When you say hermit, do you mean staying indoors, or just staying away from people?

I live in Australia, and have access to the biggest backyard on the planet. I mean its really easy to disappear down here, many places to go away from the cities. Would heading bush be a better option than staying in the city?

Anyone's thoughts on that, is that what others here have planned?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dont think that there is much that you can do at the moment, the only things im doing is making sure i have the following

Fridge and freezer are full of food, keeping a full tank of fuel and ensuring that i have a way to work from home instead of the office...

This way i will ensure that if things do get bad, at least i can avoid human contact for a few weeks if need be

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Is it legal? It is "routine" in TN to pass along info about communicable cases like mono, lice, chickenpox, meningitis, and TB. However, the info comes as letters to everybody in the school system, not specific names.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is different from seasonal flu is totally new, no large population immunity and increasing when flu should be increasing. Can't predict coming months. Planning to be aggressive, doesn t' think out of the woods yet but people are working hard.

Don't know about fall, one of the concerns. Actions taken: stockpile by end of today will complete deployment of 25% portion of allocation. HHS begun to purchase 13 million more. 670 total people working on response. Updating guidance regularly. Different information for providers than earlier thought.

Public gatherings: approaches will vary, general feeling is cancel gatherings in US makes little sense, sick should stay home and use precautions.

Vaccine: working on development, no promise on timeline. Unpredictable.

Record visitors to CDC website, twitter, 1 tweet per second. youtube videos breaking records.....this is important stuff huh?

Usual precautions statement about hand washing blah blah blah

Okay, it sounds like questions, will try to keep up

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

I've done my part and warned people. I hoped other people with contacts would be here but that hasn't been the case, sadly. Like I said, it's all there for those willing to look for it. The people who want to sit back and get a pretty package all MTV style need to change the channel.

Good luck and all that stuff.

you are a smart person so you should understand why people would call what you say BS. if i said a nuke is going to go off in a major city, and then i say get the hell out now, then i say i cant tell you how i know this just trust me, would you really believe a word i say when i make such a major claim?

i dont care to know your sources, i would ask them the same thing id ask you. where is the proof. now you say you were hoping people with sources would come here as well.

are you expecting them to disclose their sources when you wont disclose yours? or do you just want someone to say hey i heard from a guy at the gym who heard from his chiro who heard from his garbage man who knows someone who knows that we are all screwed.

you know what im getting at. currently what you say is just rummors.
if you do know something , show us what we need to know dont ask us to go search the nets to find it.
save the human race man!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

CDCemergencyTotal cases of novel H1N1 flu in US = 226, states affected = 30: bitly.com... #swineflu #h1n1

ActionCentralCDC: New swine flu infecting younger people in US, very few cases in people over 50 -Reuters

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Lets keep the facts straight..........I u2u you yesterday as well.......Am I one of the three? I did not ask for sources, but curious about more detailed information concerning your post..........I recieved no reponse.....You may post my u2u message or mod you can if you wish..

As far as other members with sources.......yes many members since this thread started have posted information including myself from sources.......not everyone is going to have very high level sources......most are in the hospital or local government ranks that can give insight to a particular area.........

Now I have posted information from a very high member of CDC....and yes I was blasted by members here on this thread for not giving my source......

Just attempting keep the facts straight here on this thread.......

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
all i ask is once this virus hits the modesto california area and norway for somebody to send me a u2u asap .

since im so busy with my everyday life here. thanks folks...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

Originally posted by winotka
reply to post by elitegamer23

Is it legal? It is "routine" in TN to pass along info about communicable cases like mono, lice, chickenpox, meningitis, and TB. However, the info comes as letters to everybody in the school system, not specific names.

that makes sense. i am not sure how the conversation in my kids class got to the point of talking about the student with mono. im sure it was just to reassure the other students that its not this scary virus they have been hearing about .

it wasnt sent home in a formal letter or anything.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Staying away from people mainly which for someone like me given where I live (in the City) means hiding out in the house pretty much. We have a small garden and behind the garden fence, a field and it's a few miles away to long stretches of parkland and countryside and the coast so we would probably take trips in the car to these places sometimes to go for walks where it's very quiet. I work from home over the net so no worries for me about having to leave the house for work, nor my partner. Aiming for one years supply of food and other stuff and a proper bio suit if poss....there may come a time when we need to queue for food after supplies run out and I would not want to be in a queue with anything other than full on protective gear. Away from crowds is different.

We've discussed the idea of buying a 4 by 4 and fleeing for the countryside or colony of "survivalists" but realistically this is just overboard for me as I see it. You can't depend on the others there NOT to have been in contact with the infected at some point, you'd need weapons to protect yourselves and in the UK we can't have guns. We wouldn't want to be alone in the woods in a little tent with a fishing rod, vulnerable to mad ba$tards who want to kill you for your food supply etc etc.....we'd rather take our chances here in our house, surrounded by all our conveniences and possessions and a 2 minute drive from a supermarket, petrol station and police station etc. We are surrounded by neighbours so could organize some neighbourhood watch scheme etc

I'd rather stay in our house than be out there freezing cold, living off berries and fish when the food runs out, unable to return to the city if/when there are restrictions on roads and entry into certain zones, stuck with a bunch of people in a situation that could become something like Lord of The Flies etc , risking infection if just one "outsider" finds the survival camp and is infected so infects the rest of us or some crazy bunch of hoodies turns up with guns they've bought from some gangster and threatens to kill us all if we don't hand over our food and water....you are more exposed I think if "fleeing to the hills" miles away from the city unless you are fleeing somewhere safe and secure, armed to the hilt, stocked to the rafters etc. A tent and a rucksack ...? Not for us

new topics

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join