It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's interesting to me that so many feel that they have already had this. I'm in the North East of the UK and a couple of months ago we had a flu virus going around that matches all of the symptoms too. Half of the school kids were off sick. My kids were sick for 6 weeks with symptoms matching these and I was sick for 5 weeks. At one point it got so bad that I couldn't move... I remember I was drooling and couldn't even move to close my mouth to stop it, that's how knocked out I was by it. We did go to the doctor and he told me he's never seen anything like it before and that the numbers coming in were 3 times the usual flu... he said it was flu but much more aggressive than they've ever seen. Two of my neighbours were also in the doctors waiting room with the same symptoms saying they've never experienced flu like this. We were given antibiotics for 2 weeks but not tamiflu. I don't know what it was... maybe just an aggressive flu virus but it was definitely odd. I'd be interested to see the full number of us who feel they've had this already and where they're located.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Paranoia... If you want lol. I think I have the right to ask questions. And YES I read the definitions and if I didn't mention them it because they were identical.

That doens't change the fact that they change the graph for a reason. The reason about more graph simplicity may be the one, big chances I agree, but for no reason I will take that as the truth and will not ask question.

And if they simply updated the graph simplicity, why? That was much clearer before! There were separate stage, it was a lot easier to understand with a quick look. Now, you must read.

In fact, the graph just tell less now.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

It seems strange that a drug that has little effect would be endorsed by the WHO. uk.reuters.com...

I wonder how much of the Gilead/Rumsfeld brew of Tamiflu will be bought by world governments.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread...however, am compelled to re-post here.
All of the snippets regarding this new flu remind me of the old adage:

"the untreated flu lasts about a week; the treated flu lasts about 7 days"

hmmmmm.....Where is the truth today about H1N1?????

Peace...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

You guys do know that Dick Cheney's business is producing the Tamiflu, right? I haven't read all the thread to know if that's been posted or not.

Flu vaccines are not effective for flu, but could kill you anyways

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

I remember you bashing me last night for posting info concerning Charleston........and here we are again.......
It seems you question everyone and attempt to discredit.........Can I say DISINFO AGENT

I am not bashing you. I am asking you to be precise and accurate in your claims. If that means I am a "DISINFO AGENT," then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

But just so are all clear here, you claimed that all across the East Coast of the US, Swine Flu cases were going unreported per orders of the CDC. That is a lie as that is absolutely not happening in the Hospitals I am familiar with in New England.

In the case of the particular post, I was responding a question as to why this supposed "killer virus," that happened (but never reported) in NC ws not classified as a "pandemic." The easy answer was because it did not the meet the very specific definition of the term.

So, who exactly is a "disinfo," agent? Those of you who are posting reports from unsubstantiated reports as if they are confirmed and substantiated facts? or those who ask you to please provide some supporting information to back up these wild claims?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Interesting website on anitvirals.....

www.apath.com...

Peace...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
About the Tamiflu not working...

Maybe a hidden message to tell that the Tamiflu plan is not working. I mean, all the money they are supposed to do with the sell of this, maybe someone, a country or I don't know, knows and send us clues to tell us their plan if failling...

Just a thought.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
ONCE MORE LET ME STATE IM NEW HERE but ive been thinking maybe this flu is a precursor to the amero(NWO MONEY)if you think about it if mexico who is allready on the verge of economic collapse falls and america the great goes into stabilize/occupy then canada will have to follow suit what leaves south america that part i havent figured out yet but maybe we shut the latin marican borders and force embargo on south america until they play ball,but chavez is friends with russia and cuba but russia could not support the economy of south america and there own and once isolated will the rebels who have been solong combated by the u s then trow south america into ruins then we stabalize/occupy south america and there you have it AMERO thats why ithink mexico was hard hit because america needs a reason to send in troops the drug dealers was not a good enuff reason well what do you guys think...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab

Paranoia... If you want lol. I think I have the right to ask questions. And YES I read the definitions and if I didn't mention them it because they were identical.

quote]

The definitions of Phase 5 and Phase 6 are very different from one another. Maybe you should read them again?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I think the Amero is still in the plan, like the North American Union.

North American Flu... They are getting us used to these terms I think.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Now I don't even trust WHO

Congratulations, you've taken a step forward.
Keep going, the fog keeps clearing as you continue to wake up.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Different from the previous version, before the graph change?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I found this when replying to another post. I have linked to the title page so you could see the tent they have set up to take in overflow ER patients at the hospital. Many hospitals purchased these tents in preparation for an influx of patients. They are hospital property and not Fema so if you see them at a hospital you will know the difference.

Saturday, May 02, 2009 The state health department is grappling with a huge backlog of flu samples to test in its lab amid an international outbreak of swine flu. So far, 181 of the 2,492 nasal swabs sent from Texas counties have been tested, a spokesman said Friday.

The state lab was doing fine until Wednesday — when it no longer could keep up with just one testing machine, said Doug McBride, spokesman for the Department of State Health Services. Travis County medical providers sent more than 1,500 samples this week, many of which are not believed to be swine flu cases, but were sent in anyway at the urging of state health officials, local and state officials said.

Austin American Statesman

This gives you a truer picture of what is really going on. The info we get from WHO and CDC is lagging behind by several days. It is essentially the state of the situation 3 or 4 days ago.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
What I now really would like to know is, what counts as "Community Level Outbreak" ?

How many persons has it got to be in Spain 'Person to Person' before they choose to raise the level to 6 by definition now??

Clever Bastards!

Now they can choose a number whenever it fits them!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this is so strange, i have taken a very serious interest in this, to the point that its starting to drive me crazy.
i used to come on ATS just to look at UFO's, but since this outbreak i decided to join ats.
I speak to a couple of lads i work with and they are not interested at all in this, i now dont even bother mentioning anything to them because they have got my back up so much.
this is the thing tho, today i am 32, never in my 32 year existance have i been cought up in a worldwide virus threat, so to me this is very new and has me worried / curious. one part of me has the conspiracy thought and the other half is telling me its real. i keep asking myself why are there still airports open, why do i see english people on tv in mexico saying there not worried, why are we at a level 5 yet people in the uk are just brushing it off and going to tescos etc etc. im begining to think that maybe im taking this too seriously but then at the same time im worried what my mum has a cold and visited to toilet 2 times in the space of 10 mins this morning. it bothers me that im going out for a meal tonight for my birthday.
its either like this

A. we are in serious trouble and the government is devising what to do, and doesnt want to scare us all, until they have to.

B. its just a flu virus got out of hand, spread across the world and is being blown out of context.

i thought if something like this happened it would be like the movies ?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

i did a goggle earth sat. thing on 1.the local hospitals in houston there were lots of people standing outside the ER at 2 hspitals(ben taub and herman)then i jumped to FT.hood and there was some strange cloud or film that stopped you from looking down onto the base but the rest of killeen tx was clear as a bell

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Possible 1,000 suspected cases in the United States.

Mexico at 2,500 - but suspected cases are no longer being reported or acknowledge by the Mexican government.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I heard on the news earlier that they( WHO) are waiting to see if it spreads easily between people.Take the latest incident in the UK" Barry Greatorex" he says on this recording news.bbc.co.uk... that he has been at his house in close contact with his family since last Sunday when he was in home quarantine but they have showed no signs of contracting the flu.Which shows that it is not spreading to everyone who has contact with a sufferer.Until this is shown to easily spread from person to person they won't go to level 6 imho.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We knew this at 10am today, why did the UK government wait so many hours?

Two new cases of swine flu have been confirmed in the UK, taking the total number of infected people to 15.

Skynews

British Department of Health

How interesting that the Department of Health has stopped reporting suspected cases too

new topics

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join