It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

The map I have been looking at that seems to be updated regularly is

www.swinemap.org

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Hmmm being that it's Mexico wouldn't it combing/recombining with TB be a bigger concern than HIV? Doesn't Mexico have major TB issues, and didn't that new form of almost incurable TB already spread from there to the U.S? And could widepread TB be part of the reason it might be more virulent there and be causing more deaths? Just speculating...I'm SURE the CDC and WHO are on it. *rolls eyes

[edit on 2-5-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Guys we have to remember that disinfo agents will come here too. Something is going on, and we i doubt have any real news. I will not say what i think happened in mexico, but i think it did start there.

But people remember in this thread also there will be so much bull as well, as people trying to cover there tracks.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Canada

recent article on the situation of our friends to the north

Canadian swine flu cases rise to 51

As the number of cases of human swine flu in Canada climbed to 51, Canada's chief public health officer expressed optimism that the outbreak might turn out to be relatively mild.

And a new poll suggests Canadians, for the most part, are staying calm.

The Ipsos Reid poll, conducted exclusively for Canwest News Service and Global National, says fewer than half of those surveyed, 47 per cent, said they are "somewhat" or "very much" concerned that they or someone in their family might contract swine flu over the coming weeks or months.

and what's with the conflicting numbers coming from Mexico?

Flu has killed 15 in Mexico

Mexico lowers swine flu death toll to 101

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is something about this TamiFlu that I don’t like, One min there could be a shortage

The Sun

Ministers have stockpiled enough antiviral drugs to treat only a quarter of the population, the report said. But it added: “This should be sufficient to treat all those who fall ill in a pandemic.”

And the next they are handing it our like crazy, even people showing no symptoms at all are being given Tamiflu.

Now have a read of this also from The Sun.

The Sun

SCIENTISTS today March 2nd 2009 warned of a deadly new flu virus which has become resistant to drugs.

And a US team led by Dr Nila Dharan, from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, found that 12 per cent of influenza A (H1N1) viruses tested during the 2007-2008 flu season were resistant to drug Tamiflu

Hang on if it didn’t do anything in 2007-2008 what chance has it gone now with this new strain, or is it a new strain. I smell huge amounts of Government BS

Also found this Mixed reactions "Tamiflu Side Results and Side Effects" Link the ones at the very bottom are intresting

[edit on 2-5-2009 by IamNow]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab
[
YES I remember, I saw two separate step too. 5 AND 6.

Now they are both togheter! They changed it yesterday!

This is really suspicious.

NO NO NO!

The WHO did NOT combine Phases 5 and 6!!!

Both of those phases fall under, "Widespread Human Infection," category so they are combined for the purposes of the chart. Rather than panic, it might be a good idea to have read on just a bit down the page where the two phases are defined:

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

Some of you are so paranoid that you are unable to think clearly. I would imagine clear thinking is an important characteristic...especially if you are expecting life as we know it to end every time there is a new report.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Minais Gerais just declared state of emergency, news is reporting. I think this is the first state in Brazil to declare state of emergency. They are announcing that they will buy 6 million masks. No cases confirmed yet, a few suspects only

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is crazy...

Egypt presses ahead with pig cull

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Egyptian authorities have begun in earnest the slaughter of over 300,000 pigs, in what was originally described as a precaution against swine flu.

Officials now say the move is a general health measure aimed at restoring order to Egypt's pig-rearing industry.

The move has been widely criticised and the World Health Organisation says there is no evidence that pigs are transmitting the virus to humans.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Edit: I now see they have changed the definition of level 6, and I don't know if the outbreak in spain can be counted as "Community Level Outbreak" ?

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I think it should be at 6 as well, going by the WHO info, it has reached that phase, IMO.

Why are they not raising the level? Why are they not using their own readily available guidelines?

It is a little strange.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by pmbhuntress

Thanks for your info.......WoW
I am starting to believe that the flu starting in Mexico is a hoax......and that it started here in the U.S.

People here in SW MO have flu symtoms as well. My whole family has been hit.......we just have not had the fever.....

What part of NC do you live? Another member confirmed that they are not testing everyone there in NC.......I confirmed the same thing in SC...

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by infinite

Just got off the cell with my Brother in North Carolina he is a trama Np and says it is true they are inundated with test's and are asking them to only send in test's for "severly ill". It isn't only there it is NATION WIDE. The only cases you are going to see is about people who are in really bad shape and require hospitalization period.

Here in my small town they are not testing as well from a personal experience.....

But this Mexico info..........

I live in Central NC. half way between Raleigh and fayettville. At the time that nasty bug was going around, tons of children from our local school were out with it.

It wasnt a normal flu, our fevers were running 104 and up. For 4 to 7 days we had the high fever and very bad head aches. On top of that we didnt even want to eat or even get out of the bed. My 6 year old has Asthma so she was effected worse then the rest of us.

Lafayette school was running at 50% capacity at that time. So yes I think it was here in NC way before what they are saying. If it is now in Mexico it could have happened when they sent back immigrants?

What gets me is why didnt they call that a pandemic?

Not everyone will get it, out of all of us my husband never got it. So 4 out of 5 of us have had it so far. Which means that some folks can fight it. The good thing is once you get something usually you wont ever get it again.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
China takes no chances...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Hong Kong sealed a downtown hotel with hundreds of tourists and employees inside as authorities worked Saturday to prevent an outbreak of swine flu, searching for anyone who had contact with a Mexican tourist who brought the virus into the territory.

The swift, aggressive action indicated how eager officials are to prove they have learned from the deadly spread of SARS in 2003, when Hong Kong was criticized for imposing quarantine measures too slowly.

From the report...

A masked hotel guest inside flashed a handwritten sign through the lobby window to journalists swarming outside. It read, "We will exchange information for beer and food and cigarettes."

Some inside the hotel are using Skype to communicate with the media.

Room service anyone?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
H1N1 Resistant to Tamiflu

March 05, 2009

This means having a vaccination may be the only way for many to beat the flu this year.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
H1N1 Resistant to Tamiflu

March 05, 2009

This means having a vaccination may be the only way for many to beat the flu this year.

i dont see how it is resistant to tamiflu, here in the UK confirmed cases have taken it and spoken to the media and they are now fine

link   
such levels of drastic modification cannot be possible , even one of top scientists says that and has been potentially confirmed by RT that its a biological weapon

The swine flu virus is described as a completely new strain, an intercontinental mixture of human, avian and swine viruses. Tellingly, there have been no reported A-H1N1 infections of pigs.

According to a source [3] known to former NSA official Wayne Madsen, “A top scientist for the United Nations, who has examined the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in Africa, as well as HIV/AIDS victims, concluded that H1N1 possesses certain transmission “vectors” that suggest that the new flu strain has been genetically-manufactured as a military biological warfare weapon.
www.globalresearch.ca...

link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress

What gets me is why didnt they call that a pandemic?

Ummm...maybe because the situation you describe does not fit the description of "pandemic," in any sense of the term.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

50% of the school was out with this virus and NO NEWS

And there were deaths??? Was this reported in the news??

I am starting to get the big picture here...........and its not a good one

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by infinite
it seems all the main contributors(twitter, etc) have pulled them.
For reasons unknown.

I betchya I can figure out a reason or two for them having pulled them.
Intimidation for one. They got sick themselves for another.

Or they realised they were simply a cog in the Roche PR campaign and decided not to participate any more ....

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I remember you bashing me last night for posting info concerning Charleston........and here we are again.......
It seems you question everyone and attempt to discredit.........Can I say DISINFO AGENT

Keep up the good work.......

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Chevalerous

I think it should be at 6 as well, going by the WHO info, it has reached that phase, IMO.

Why are they not raising the level? Why are they not using their own readily available guidelines?

It is a little strange.

You know, everything is strange with this farse!

They have changed definitions as we change underwear!

Now today it says it has to be characterized by 'community level outbreaks'

And I don't know yet if the 'Person to Person' cases and numbers we have here in Europe could be counted as of definition, level 6 now?

Now I don't even trust WHO

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join