It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
How interesting....

The Mexican government stopped reporting suspected cases and deaths on April 30, 2009.

Yeah! and now the Mexican Goverment & MSN News have the nerve to report that the virus threat has leveled out! - Of course it levels out if you're not reporting it anymore

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I believe there has been a 39% increase of confirmed cases in Mexico, since yesterday.

wow quite an increase, i cant stand how the numbers are being watered down on the NEws

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

People with HIV are at high risk from the new flu strain that the World Health Organisation said is on the verge of pandemic

We are still on the verge?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
BBC: Confirmed case. Tuscany, Italy. Verified by the Italian government.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

How interesting....

The Mexican government stopped reporting suspected cases and deaths on April 30, 2009.

Have you a source for this by any chance ? This is the kind of info not really being mentioned in news articles in the mainstream and is the kind of info I like to show people I know so they don't get complacent in light of an apparant campaign to take the spotlight of the swine flu issue....

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

2009 swine flu outbreak

At the bottom of the table, with the data.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I post whole article - because last time it was published in newspaper, it was soon sencored...

Canadian doctor in the hot zone

A Canadian doctor living at the heart of the influenza outbreak in Mexico has been working 14-hour days treating nervous patients, two of whom tested positive for the H1N1 flu.

For the past two weeks, Dr. Michael Haney, 34, of Montreal has been working alongside his doctor-wife at a private clinic in Mexico City from 7 a. m. to 9 p. m., mostly reassuring frightened parents with sniffling kids they'll be fine, he said.

"We're seeing a lot of children come into the office but it's just a little cold," Haney told Sun Media by phone from Mexico City. "People are scared more than anything else."

Among the hundreds of patients he's seen, Haney has treated two young males for the H1N1 flu: One a 16-year-old who exhibited mild symptoms, and the other a 24-year-old man who was a more serious case with a runny nose, heavy chest pains and trouble breathing.

"But we caught them in time and they're recovering now," he said.

Haney has his own theory on why the flu is striking young, healthy adults: The classic sense of adolescent invincibility.

"These young men tend to rebel and don't wear face masks, you see it all the time by the metro over here," he said. "They just continue about their lives, hanging out with friends. It's more rebellious neglect, as if nothing can touch them."

Likewise, Haney and his colleagues are seeing more families from the outskirts of the city, he said, who had previously been treating themselves with their "grandmother's medicine" or homemade plant and herbal remedies.

Meanwhile, people scrambling to find masks and hand sanitizers. At the clinic, he's safeguarded the only two masks that are left -- one for himself and one for his wife.

"We've called all our suppliers and they're completely sold out."

A wild rumour circulating in the city is also prompting people to snatch up eye goggles in the misguided belief that eye gear will protect them, he said.

"People are calm but they're just trying to get their hands on whatever they can ...But if it makes people feel better, it will help them get through their day."

While the rest of the world seems to be whipped up in a frenzy, Haney said the panic in has started to subside.

"We've started to quiet down. You can see that people are more calm and relaxed."

For example, despite the flu outbreak, the resort town and weekend destination for Mexico City locals, Acapulco, is booked solid, he said.

But Haney won't be partaking in any off-time revelry, even though it's his birthday today.

He'll be working all day at the clinic before joining his four-year-old son who is staying with his in-laws while both parents work exhausting shifts.

www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
* WHO fears complications if HIV and H1N1 viruses combine

They must mean 'combining' in that HIV patient.
I'm not a virologist, but I don't see how the Swine Flu could
pick up the HIV, integrate it, and then spread.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
xoxo stacie's post about secondary illness makes perfect sense to me. Especially considering the deaths from secondary illness are not counted in the pigbirdhuman flu. I am with all of you in the thinking that this must be more than what we are being told, or why all the fuss and the incredible amount of money being thrown at this thing.

I have fibromyalgia which some people say is an immune sort of thing, I am not sure of all the science but it sucks to live with. I hope this won't put me at an increased risk of complications.

Is the comment about the mixing of HIV and h1n1 speculation or has there been some scientific information put out?

It seems as this progresses we are getting less clear information and more and more confusing and mixed messages. I guess now matter what happens, this is something that we will either laugh about one day or cry about.

Local morning news has the story 5th in their line up. No news this morning so far.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They must mean 'combining' in that HIV patient.
I'm not a virologist, but I don't see how the Swine Flu could
pick up the HIV, integrate it, and then spread.

Me too, I believe it means HIV patients are vulnerable.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarsicarian
Has anyone been listening to the recent alex jones stuff? He thinks its all a hoax for a martial law thing? What is going on with all these mixed reports. Does anyone know what the devil is going on. This crazy episode of "The Humans" is making my head spin. I think the the whole world is confused. What are those pesky puppeteers up to?

How many theories has he had on this, last week we where all going to die according to him. This is rubbish.

Yep they may get more powers, but they cannot really do any martial law with this.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
How weird...

...Veratect will focus Twitter posts on confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in the United States.
2 minutes ago from web

Due to the progression of the ongoing Influenza A (H1N1) event worldwide,...
2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
Local morning news has the story 5th in their line up. No news this morning so far.

Doesn't that drive ya' insane? These are supposed 'reporters' but all they are doing is telling stories about glow in the dark beagles and 'reporting' about Specter crossing over to the Dems.

Hello? What happened to investigative reporting?

What happened to telling the truth ... like the truth about people not being tested for the virus and therefore that is keeping the official numbers down?

It makes me sick!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
All our outlets for covering this store are being muted. Veratect, as I just posted, will only report confirmed US cases

Nothing from Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America or Africa.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

yep they may get more powers, but they cannot really do any martial law with this.

oh yes they can, in fact the best way to declare martial law would be a pandemic. government wants to control people. people dont want to be infected so they stay inside and listen to the military and government....Obama's wet dream

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
A friend of mine in Jacksonville, NC said yesterday afternoon that the CDC had just confirmed two cases of swine flu there.

All official numbers still have NC at 0.

The numbers given to the public are DEFINITELY not correct.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11

yep they may get more powers, but they cannot really do any martial law with this.

oh yes they can, in fact the best way to declare martial law would be a pandemic. government wants to control people. people dont want to be infected so they stay inside and listen to the military and government....Obama's wet dream

I didn't mean they won't i mean, they may behind the scenes, but actually declaring it, would need something bad. If it goes to 6, they can do whatever they want to anyone, and that would be like martial law, but full blown martial law like in mexico, i doubt unless it gets really bad.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Considerations on influenza A(H1N1) and HIV infection
Considering the potential impact of emerging influenza A(H1N1) virus infection, HIV/AIDS
programmes and services need to be aware of relevant risks and have plans for prevention and
treatment.
There is no documented information on clinical interactions between HIV and influenza
A(H1N1) virus, whose transmission, incubation period and clinical manifestations have
generally been similar to those of seasonal influenza viruses. There is insufficient information
on complications and spectrum of illness but complications are likely to be similar to those of
seasonal influenza. Age and other groups with increased risk for complications of the current
influenza A(H1N1) are under investigation.
www.who.int...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
AFP: Third case of swine flu comfirmed in Israel.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

All our outlets for covering this store are being muted. Veratect, as I just posted, will only report confirmed US cases

Nothing from Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America or Africa.

Ya! I'm afraid the crap has hit the fan regarding the spread of the virus.

They have stopped reporting new cases - not taking tests of all people etc!

Soon there will be an official level 6 and a pandemic announcement from WHO.

Soo! let get this over with! - bring it on! (the virus) - I hate to wait for uncomfortable things.

new topics

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join