It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
2 POSSIBLE INFECTION IN INDIA

2 uncomfirmed cases after their return from London and Texas.

LINK

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I agree, this waiting game that is going on now is like sitting down watching the eye of a hurricane inch closer and closer on the weather station. You can't do a thing about it, so you're stuck just watching and waiting.

If they have worked to censor the stories, then I have a feeling we're going to see level 6 very soon, or they are operating at that level without it being officially declared.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
it's just me or seems like WHO grouped phase 5 and 6 together?

www.who.int...

as i remember the 2 groups were separated before

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalwarrior

Its about 5-10 pages back on this thread, they decided to combine the two in the chart, circle them both, but keep us at level 5. It was at about this time yesterday that it was discussed in the thread.

Because its so helpful to change up the chart during the pandemic... :shk:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
healthmap.org...

Yet another map ... this one isn't too bad.

Of course it's not reporting the hundreds (thousands?) not tested but that have it.

Now that the orders went out only to test the severe cases, we won't be getting any truthful numbers.

Originally posted by niteboy82
I have a feeling we're going to see level 6 very soon, or they are operating at that level without it being officially declared.

As far as I'm concerned, we crossed the requirements for Level 6 days ago.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
interesting from Mercola:

Your Fear Will Make Some People VERY Rich in Today's Crumbling Economy

...According to the Associated Press at least one financial analyst estimates up to $388 million worth of Tamiflu sales in the near future10 -- and that's without a pandemic outbreak.

More than half a dozen pharmaceutical companies, including Gilead Sciences Inc., Roche, GlaxoSmithKline and other companies with a stake in flu treatments and detection, have seen a rise in their shares in a matter of days, and will likely see revenue boosts if the swine flu outbreak continues to spread.
Swine flue is extremely convenient for governments that would have very soon have to dispose of billions of dollars of Tamiflu stock, which they bought to counter avian flu, or H5N1. The US government ordered 20 million doses, costing $2 billion, in October, 2005, and around that time the UK government ordered 14.6 million doses. Tamiflu’s manufacturer, Roche, has confirmed that the shelf life of its anti-viral is three years...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
2 POSSIBLE INFECTION IN INDIA

2 uncomfirmed cases after their return from London and Texas.

LINK

This is the one place that would be very bad news if it started to spread ,as they only have something like 1 million doses of tamiflu and about 1 billion population living often in very close quarters to each other with very poor areas and with lower hygiene standards .

[edit on 2-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

The current WHO phase of pandemic alert is 5.

However, level 5 and 6 fall in the Wide Spread Human Infection category.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
healthmap.org...

Good map.

If we had a map with all the unconfirmed as well, I'm sure it would make for a very interesting sight. But at this rate we'll never get those numbers.

As far as I'm concerned, we crossed the requirements for Level 6 days ago.

No argument from me. I couldn't agree more, and I'm up to my limit with how this has been handled.

----

reply to post by infinite

*nod* I'm just a visual person, I like my charts to stay the same. It's like deciding before a hurricane to combine the 4 and 5 on the Saffir-Simpson scale and circle both.

I did not intend in my previous post to make it sound like they had officially moved to 6, apologies for any confusion.

[edit on 5/2/09 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Best map so far, very update and includes all suspected cases. The group are independent.

RSOE EDIS Pandemic Map

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
All stocks of Tamiflu in Croatia (10,000 doses) sold out.

I thought the Eastern Europeans were a bit smarter when it came to Pharma shenanigans, but obviously Croatia has at least 10,000 numpties.

Still, 10k in 4m isn't much

Slovenia isolating returning travellers at LJ airport. Probably just following EU directives.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
In response to the pork industry calling for an end to the name "swine flu" I submit my new and improved designation for the virus:

"Tijuana Trips"

The only good news so far out of all this is that the media and government are exposing themselves as being complete morons with absolutely zero credibility. Even the sheep are looking up from the grass and asking, "WTF"?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION UPDATE #9

Influenza A(H1N1) - update 9

2 May 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve. As of 06:00 GMT, 2 May 2009, 15 countries have officially reported 615 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

Mexico has reported 397 confirmed human cases of infection, including 16 deaths. The 241 rise in cases from Mexico compared to 23:30GMT of 1 May reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States Government has reported 141 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (34), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Denmark (1), France (1), Germany (4), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (13).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities. There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular

:shk: These numbers are bogus. Thousands of people are also infected besides these confirmed cases. Health officials are refusing to test them. The numbers are being skewed on purpose.

- We should be at a Level 6.
- Every sick person should be tested.
- The morons should have isolated Mexico weeks ago.
- We should be told the truth ... dangitall!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by Chevalerous

I agree, this waiting game that is going on now is like sitting down watching the eye of a hurricane inch closer and closer on the weather station. You can't do a thing about it, so you're stuck just watching and waiting.

very well said, and great analogy!
that's exactly how it feels now - The Waiting Game!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
In response to the pork industry calling for an end to the name "swine flu" I submit my new and improved designation for the virus:

"Tijuana Trips"

The only good news so far out of all this is that the media and government are exposing themselves as being complete morons with absolutely zero credibility. Even the sheep are looking up from the grass and asking, "WTF"?

how about THE FLU COCKTAIL..........

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Because I have such an odd job in an area that many if not most people think is "a load of balls" I don't mention it much but as you can see from my signature, one of the things I am versed in pretty well is the study of Astrology... well for those of you with the faintest interest, I've begun a thread about the astrological tie in with the swine flu outbreak and how , from an Astrological perspective, it looks set to pan out. Take it as you will, I won't discuss it here, but let me just say that an exact same conjunction appeared in the 1918 pandemic as is appearing NOW and as will REAPPEAR along with even DIRER aspects late 2009 into the whole of 2010....

I'm not a fanatical Astrologer by any means, I rarely even look at my own chart more than a couple of times a year to see what's going on, so it was really just out of curiosity I thought to check things out yesterday and was rather taken aback at the implications of what I was seeing. I'm prepared for some flack from this at my thread but nevertheless am throwing it out there anyhow.

Astrology and Swine Flu

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reuters is informing that china suspended all flights from mexico

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
RSOE EDIS Pandemic Map

Oh! Thats' a good one! Of course, none of these maps are accurate. Now that the CDC has ordered only the 'severe' cases to be tested, we won't know the real numbers.

What we need to know is how many Tamiflu doses have been (and are being) distributed.

That'll give us more accurate numbers then the bunk being thrown at us by the government.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What we need to know is how many Tamiflu doses have been (and are being) distributed.

That'll give us more accurate numbers then the bunk being thrown at us by the government.

No, that'll tell you how successful Roche and Rumsfeld's latest PR campaign is being and how much profit Pharma can expect to post this year

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Seems the European CDC is willing to present figures, regardless of what the Americans and Mexicans believe...

Table of outbreak

new topics

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join