It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 243
<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Next 24 hours they will have information on who will be most at risk from this Virus, and Morality Numbers. Confirmed Reports of Health Worker/Patient transmission, in Germany announced at the WHO.

Probable case of swine flu, the genlteman invovled had travelled back from the US, Scottish Health Secretary Confirms

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

WHO expect level 6 to be reached as virus continues to spread to other countries.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Mexico has reported 397 confirmed human cases of infection, including 16 deaths. The 241 rise in cases from Mexico compared to 23:30GMT of 1 May reflects ongoing testing of previously collected specimens. The United States Government has reported 141 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (34), China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1), Denmark (1), France (1), Germany (4), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (4), Republic of Korea (1), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (13).

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO website on a regular basis.

WHO advises no restriction of regular travel or closure of borders. It is considered prudent for people who are ill to delay international travel and for people developing symptoms following international travel to seek medical attention, in line with guidance from national authorities.

There is also no risk of infection from this virus from consumption of well-cooked pork and pork products. Individuals are advised to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water on a regular basis and should seek medical attention if they develop any symptoms of influenza-like illness.

WHO Update

They have not stated weither or not they will be raising the Level to 6

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

I fully agree, I also am still having breathing problems even after a month of being out of the hospital. My daughters asthma meds were uped to 4 xs a day instead of 2 times due to the breathing problems. My son also had breathing problems for about a week after the Bug was gone. I fully agree that I have never seen a bad flu like that. I had 2 flus this year and neither was as bad as the killer bug. We have family in Kentucky and they also had it. 2 of the 3 children got it and My sister inlaw that is pregnant got it. According to some folks here the bug was pretty much nationwide yet no warnings went out. I lost 9 pounds during the sickness, and my daughter lost 12 pounds. I wasnt to much sick on my stomach I was just far to weak to even sit and eat.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
BreakingNewsWHO official says there is no evidence of sustained community spread of swine flu outside North America; pandemic alert remains at level 5.22 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
BreakingNewsWHO official says there is no evidence of sustained community spread of swine flu outside North America; pandemic alert remains at level 5.22 minutes ago from web

pure BS, why do they lie?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Maybe then you should contact a tv news networks and call the WHO bluff on this. By providing statements from those who have been infected. Just an idea.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why raise to 6? It's just going to panic folks further. Of course, we have the healthy # of people that always occur, than WANT this to happen. Still don't get the 'disaster happy' mentality.

But if the effects of this flu remain the same, perhaps they should just keep it at 5. It's not like the levels actually effect anything, other than to panic folks.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

My sympathies. I won't be able to get any more local honey for another month. The mennonite family know exactly why it's needed.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Why raise to 6? It's just going to panic folks further. Of course, we have the healthy # of people that always occur, than WANT this to happen. Still don't get the 'disaster happy' mentality.

But if the effects of this flu remain the same, perhaps they should just keep it at 5. It's not like the levels actually effect anything, other than to panic folks.

Raising it to 6 or keeping it at 5 does make a difference... if it remains at 5 I will be expected by my employer to continue on as normal in my job and this will mean contact with lots of other people, many of whom have flu symptoms right now. It will also mean that my children will be expected to attend school, again many there have flu symptoms. Changing the level to 6 would certainly give my family more protection from this as it would mean that we could stay home and away from other people until this is over without fear of losing our family income or facing problems from non attendance of school.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornblossom
reply to post by pmbhuntress

I just wanted to mention to you that there was a strange "bug" going around where I live (Kentucky) about 6-8 weeks ago. I mention it because my co-workers who were coming down with it said it was the worst "flu" they ever had.

I also got sick with the flu about 8 weeks ago, I live in Florida. I am pretty healthy other then allergy induced asthma (cats). I have never had the flu in my entire lifetime until a couple of months ago. I was hospitalized for about 3 days. A doctor prescribed Tamiflu. The 'sympotms' usually associated with 'flu' didn't bother me to much but the respiratory side of it was horrible. My lungs were filled with crap, I could hardly breath, walking up a flight of stairs would make me winded like I just sprinted around the block.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I agree I would like to put my money on it going back down to level 4 before it goes to 6. I think the who over reacted in the first place, 1 death outside of Mexico who came to the US "From Mexico" Yes there is human to human transfer of the infection but isn't that the same with garden flu. I think this is a test run for something worse to come, once you are all high on Tamiflu and your immune system is weakened "The real deal will be put in place"

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

That is a fantastic idea

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else find WHO's logo having a serpent entwined around a scepter? is bizarre for a "World" Health Organization?!? I just noticed it yesterday.

A DNA strand, maybe, but a serpent?!

Perhaps their under-reporting is an under-statement ...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Why rise you say? - Perhaps they should just keep it at 5 you say!

Well! I think the most of the people would like to have honest answers regarding this serious virus outbreak, to make important decisions about their lives.

This is no Hollywood movie my friend, they are playing dirty with our lives and we don't even know if this is a conspiracy by some sinister people or not! - I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be something more evil & sinister behind this.

But I also see your point about the panic!

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by aramaki
some CDC recommendations were released today regarding swine flu and HIV patients, and some articles say the WHO says HIV and H1N1 could combine. is this possible?

Could you provide a link to this please.
If true, scary stuff.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Found this WHO on H1N1 and HIV

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
thinking about this, i wonder if we will ever really know if this is a non event or if it is something to worry about. seems to me there is so much
confusion, misinformation,and down right lies. also who is in charge,
the CDC says this , the WHO says that, this goverment does nothing, this goverment kills all the pigs, this goverment stops all flights from mexico. mexico stops giving any info at all.

could this be man made, could this be a natural, is this a bio attack, or just part of the flow of life. could this be a push for a one world goverment.
so many questions and no answers.

without going to deep into my faith, i belive GOD will be the one to bring all the these events to thier finial conclusion.

so just stick to what your sprit tells you, and do the best you can to take care of yourself and family.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieSlayer

Originally posted by aramaki
some CDC recommendations were released today regarding swine flu and HIV patients, and some articles say the WHO says HIV and H1N1 could combine. is this possible?

Could you provide a link to this please.
If true, scary stuff.

I think this is regarding HIV/AIDS patients only, they are more prone to differnt outside infections in general like flu & pneumonia etc.

And if it would combine, it would be in their bodies only!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am providing a link to the Tarrant County Public Health Dept..

It gives an overview of the number of probable cases on a day by day basis for the county and the region under the county's jurisdiction (33 counties). It also gives the number sent, confirmed and pending. If I am reading this right, then 57 probable cases have been sent for the region, which includes Tarrant County, with 52 still pending. The remaining 5 cases were all confirmed in Tarrant County.

It seems thus far that every case returned has been positive for H1N1.

If only every county would be so forthcoming we could have more facts and less theory.

edit to correct counties in region

[edit on 2-5-2009 by liveandlearn]

<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join