It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks XOXO for verifing the info.............I am hearing the same from Boston hospitials as well.........

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks XOXO for verifing the info.............I am hearing the same from Boston hospitials as well.........

No problem I got a little worried about him he is my big bro after all teehee

He has advised me to dose my teen's up on vitamin C and I mean dose! he said my eldest who is 6'2" and about 220 should be taking 2000mg at bed and 500/1000 every eight hours during the day.(MINIMUM) He said if he starts to show signs go to grams and elderberry extract if I cant get tamiflu and make my herbal tea tincture.(yeah I am smart and can tell what to use, by looking at the chemical compounds
)

To Add: Am almost done with some research on a tea for it need another hour or two and will post it waiting for a confirm on an organic oil.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bonesinis

news.yahoo.com...

Bases off the numbers offered up by the CDC this article says by the end of the month of May the "confirmed" number of people in the U.S. would be 1,700.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
# France, Aquitaine: One "Probable" Case Of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported. Total of 5 "Probable" Cases Nationwide. #swineflu #H1N1less than 10 seconds ago from web

# Austria, Vienna: Two Additional Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Undergoing Testing #swineflu9 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
# Colombia: 26 Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported, Including Four Cases Currently Hospitalized. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think it HAS been out there and made that post in another topic days ago. The doctors I and my family and friends NEVER seem to "test" when we have the flu. They see us, give a listen to our chest, take our temp, and then prescribe antivirals or antibiotics, depending on some criteria in their heads and then just say, bedrest and plenty of fluids. Everyone (21 people) where I work had a HORRIBLE flu end of December beginning of January...most TWICE and only one doc even ran a blood test. My friend in England reported the same thing. Frankly, I think the CDC and WHO focus only when they're forced to. It's a crock.

most TWICE

yes and the second round was worse then the first,

link   
# Colombia: Community Transmission Considered Possible for Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in Colombia. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

# US, Virginia: Governor indicates only confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases will be announced: Two total from Chesterfield and Northern Neck.half a minute ago from web

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

link   
reply to post by bonesinis

If you do the math yourself of the increse at the current rate of exposure and "unconfirms" you are going to be adding some zeros to that. If it sustains it current pace there will be a minimum of 17,000 people in the next month at the bare minimum!( if it hasn't already hit that)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Please make sure you keep reposting because this thread moves so quick.......

Thanks for your work

That is your tea.........

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Event ID: MEX-20090425-2

2009-04-25 05:29:00
State: The Federal District
County:

Dead: 178
Infected (Susp.): 13339
Infected (Conf.): 1311
Quaranten: 0

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Event ID: MEX-20090425-2

2009-04-25 05:29:00
State: The Federal District
County:

Dead: 178
Infected (Susp.): 13339
Infected (Conf.): 1311
Quaranten: 0

where is that from?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

TWICE is the kicker here.

I had that first one too. Then about 3 weeks later it came back, I went from a sniffle to full blown bacterial infection in my lungs mouth and nasal pasages.in less than 48 hours!
I just finished my SECOND round of azithromiacine @ 500 first day then 250 next nine days. Needless to say my asthma is in full swing now and I may have to get back on a nebulizer that I haven't laid eyes on in almost 4 years! (wasn't sick that whole time either just had some mild alergies as I am alergic to mold.)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
# Colombia: Colombian Government Fixes Price of Facemasks to 180 pesos, Violators to be Fined, Shut Down, or Imprisoned. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

# US, Nebraska: Public schools in Madison county to be closed. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

# US, Nebraska: State officials identify three new probable cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Lee, Madison, and Sarpy counties. #swineflu#H1N14 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A guy I know said they have been bringing in FEMA trailers to Alabama, building up over the past few weeks.....
Here, in Mississippi, they just announced a news conference for later today, to tell us the flu is here.
In Alabama, although they wont put it on the main list....schools have been closed and events called off.
I tried to discuss this with family from Tennessee to Michigan for the past week and everyone acts like since people aren't dropping dead, it's no big deal.
Of course, NOW, my sisters son is sick ( Michigan.) and has been playing with kids who got back from a Mexico vacation.
She said he always gets allergies this time of year, and doubts those kids gave him the flu.
My family, here, has had intestinal "distress" every other day for over a week, but no other symptoms. However, my boyfriends boss has a daughter who went to Cancun for spring break, and he just called and said he is going to the doctor. Sore throat, fever, aches, the "runs", chills.
CRAP.

link   
Watch for Blinn and Texas A&M school to close within few days. Right now Bryan,Texas have 12 confirmed cases.

I was told by this from a cop in bryan,texas.. He also said that they are not reporting this to the media right now.

link   

# Colombia: Colombian Government Fixes Price of Facemasks to 180 pesos, Violators to be Fined, Shut Down, or Imprisoned. #swineflu #H1N13 minutes ago from web

That's what i like to see

Other Governments should take note

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I think it HAS been out there and made that post in another topic days ago. The doctors I and my family and friends NEVER seem to "test" when we have the flu. They see us, give a listen to our chest, take our temp, and then prescribe antivirals or antibiotics, depending on some criteria in their heads and then just say, bedrest and plenty of fluids. Everyone (21 people) where I work had a HORRIBLE flu end of December beginning of January...most TWICE and only one doc even ran a blood test. My friend in England reported the same thing. Frankly, I think the CDC and WHO focus only when they're forced to. It's a crock.

You know, I had the same thing around the beginning of March. Absolute sudden onset of major sore throat which lasted about 3-4 days. Started to feel better, then it moved into this ungodly upper GI/stomach thing with major cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, and high temp. That lasted another 3-4 days. Just when I started feeling better, I got major head congestion which lasted for a good week before that started to dissipate. I was ready for it migrate into bronchitis or something else next, but never happened, thankfully.

I have to say, it was by far the strangest illness I've ever had. FWIW, I never went to the doctors office since, as you pointed out, they more often than not just tell you to get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The sister with the sick son from Michigan....where about in Michigan? I live just north west of flint and have been trying to track local breakouts. So far I am not aware of any in my immediate area.

My concern is for my mom. She has had some surgeries after an accident that makes it seriously a huge danger for her to throw up. If she does, it could stretch something in her esophogus (?) that could kill her if not treated quickly....I am trying to keep her updated and aware. She wants to think I am over reacting, but I know I am not.

Thanks to everyone who is posting updates....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I shall monitor it

(currently playing SimCity on the Wii)

So that's how you get your reports in so fast.. by building a civ in simcity and then infecting them all with a virus and see how many catch it?

Have you named each neighbouring family a country?

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join