It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Don't be an alarmist...

WHO Cautions Public on Alarmist Flu Predictions

www.washingtonpost.com...

Officials from the World Health Organization today cautioned the public against jumping to any conclusions about the virulence of the swineflu virus, and President Obama said that since the disease is caused by a new strain of the influenza virus, officials are concerned that it could cause more serious disease as it spreads.

Some observers have questioned whether reports have been too alarmist about the new virus, which, outside of Mexico, has resulted in relatively mild symptoms. But Gregory Hartl, spokesman for the WHO, told reporters in a conference call that the devastating Spanish Influenza started out very mild in the spring of 1918, "only to reappear in the autumn of 1918 with a vengeance." That epidemic killed at least 50 million people around the globe.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The info I have is that there are deaths that started as a flu but that moved to a secondary illness.

Since they are screening everything that is coming out of Charleston......it raises many questions

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
# Brazil, Paraíba: Two Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported in João Pessoa. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Alright got the confirm on the coconut oil it does indeed destroy the lipid coating on the virus cells. so here it is.....

6-8 cups of water.( Spring or distilled as tap water has chlorine and breaks down the chemical compounds of the herbs)
Tea:
2 tablespoons celery seed
about 3-4 tablespoons of whole chamomile flowers
1 cinnamon stick about 5 inches long
8 whole cloves
about 1 tablespoon fresh ginger sliced thin
1 sprig mint @ least ten leaves
2 sprigs parsley about hand size
one six inch sprig rosemary
one six inch sprig of thyme (lemon thyme is okay to)
one four inch sprig sage (at least 8 leaves)
These are FRESH herbs mind you nothing dried!

Now bring the water to a heavy boil and remove from heat. Add all the herbs and let steep for at least 20 minutes. Strain and/or use the herbs in a soup. (Still good for flavor just 80% of the chem’s are in the tea now.)

Take 1-2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil then drink one cup of the tea. Three times a day right before meals. It tastes like what is in so basically tastes kinds like grass with a spicy kick.
You can refrigerate the rest for a max of three days.

Cook your foods with lots of garlic and onions if you can stand curry have some and use red peppers if you can stand the heat is good for your system health in general.

If you are having breathing problem’s or sore throat drink hot chocolate made with real dark cocoa. (Normally in baking section of store.) Be careful it does have caffeine in it and to much might make you jittery. The same goes with good ole black tea.( It also has chemical compounds in it that help to keep bacteria in the mouth down, hence more healthy environment.)

Take vitamins and vitamin C with ginkgo biloba helps with circulation and “some” say absorption of vitamins etc goes better with it. ( I have only seen a few of the studies on the ginkgo and one was from someone I know and trust so have at it.)

Now the thing with this tea is that it does the same actions as the medicines BUT it is food based and therefore not foreign to the bodies natural system and more easily taken up and utilized.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have just watched the evening news in the UK. Flu story is relegated to second place and no mention of the latest infections or the suspected infections.

Out of interest i called a friend who works for the BBC at a local radio station (Radio Nottingham) when i asked why the sudden drop in importance he said that the news editor was told from above to relegate the story. He said it was unusual for something developing so fast to be shelved and that his editor was furious, but there was nothing he could do!

link   
united flight 903 diverted to boston because of female passener with flu like symptoms.

with this and bidens comment yesterday i see public transit becomming less used over the comming days and weeks.

i wonder how everyone on this plane feels right now. scary situation and i hope its just a false alarm.

link   
More deaths today in Mexico..

# Mexico, Michoacán: Four Suspected Fatal Influenza A (H1N1) Cases and Nine Suspected Cases; No Confirmed Cases to Date. #swineflu #H1N1less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks XOXO ..........

Second Line

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

# US, Massachusetts: Flight from Munich to Dulles, Virginia is diverted to Boston due to passenger complaining of influenza-like illness.less than 10 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No, I've not noticed that 'everyone' is sick. Generalize much? In my office, one person is home ill. Everyone else is just fine. I'm not sick, my wife is not sick, my cats are not sick. I am constantly looking into the air, I do NOT notice 'checkerboards' or an increase in contrails.

No, I do not believe at all, that some mysterious agency with an evil agenda is randomly spraying in what would have to be the WORST delivery method known to mankind, which oddly is never found in groundwater or soil samples, other than many year old reports of borium. On noes.. not Borium!

No.. I don't buy it, and you are imo, fearmongering by claiming there is an 'increase' if this fictional poisoning. Gee.. when it rains, why not make it pour eh? MORE PANIC PLZ!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
# US, Massachusetts: All passengers on flight have been isolated while health officials investigate. #swineflu #H1N1less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

those flights are really starting to worry me my future sis in law flew with her kids and parents to Hawaii for her daughter's wedding on Tuesday morning. They are due to fly back next Tuesday. I called her and told her to wear a mask they are getting some from the army base where her daughter is.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Iowa identifies third probable swine flu case

qctimes.com...

If any of the cases turn out to be positive, Culver has said he will implement a state public health disaster declaration in Iowa.

The disaster declaration would allow state officials to purchase and distribute anti-virals and other medical supplies and deploy public health response teams. It also allows the state to take measures to stop the spread of disease, including isolation or quarantine of infected people.

great!

also something to think about when you hear about a 'probable case

Culver said more than 90 percent of probable cases sent to the CDC for testing have come back positive.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
# Singapore: Three Additional Cases Being Tested for Influenza A (H1N1); Alert Level Raised to "Orange" #swineflu #H1N11 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

if only the mask actually worked. im just starting to think we all most likely will run into this bug at some time. i havent had the flu for years either so im hoping that doesnt work against me.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
# US, Massachusetts: Harvard Cancels Classes and Closes Dental Clinic After a Probable Case of Influenza A (H1N1) is Identified in a Studentless than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

if only the mask actually worked. im just starting to think we all most likely will run into this bug at some time. i havent had the flu for years either so im hoping that doesnt work against me.

The mask's help to keep other peoples "spatter" from being inhaled by you. BUT it has to be a N95 or better mask. My hub works at a masonry manufacture company and they have resporators that block out so much crap they have to change the pads three times a day just to keep getting air when they work. The pads are rated for .3 microns (or is it .03? bah I am tired and don't want to look it up right now) or less. Same as the N95 I believe.
It is basically like with any other cold you don't want someone to sneeze in your direction and inhale it then you are sick too.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
# US, Wisconsin: Three new probable cases of influenza A (H1N1) identified in Waukesha and Oconomowoc; Oconomowoc school district closedless than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
# England, London: Influenza A (H1N1) Infected Australian Man and Two Roommates Under Quarantine; 11 Cases Confirmed in the UK #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
If you are having breathing problem’s or sore throat drink hot chocolate made with real dark cocoa. (Normally in baking section of store.) Be careful it does have caffeine in it and to much might make you jittery. The same goes with good ole black tea.( It also has chemical compounds in it that help to keep bacteria in the mouth down, hence more healthy environment.)

Also for breathing issues -

1. Add (only) 2 drops of TEA TREE OIL to an 8oz (or so) jar of boiling water - (good idea to have a jar marked TEA TREE jar so you don't use it for anything else).
Breathe in the steam through the nose and then through the mouth -
Big deep breaths into the chest. Start with just a couple of deep breaths - you don't want to get dizzy.
DO NOT DRINK THE TEA TREE OIL....

2. Also cut up and simmer a couple of onions in a medium pot
half full of water - (good water)
let the onions simmer for about 20 minutes - You can also breathe this in while it is on the stove - then drink a couple of tablespoons of the onion juice -
continue to warm the juice - and repeat throughout the day -
This is a natural expectorant... It will get things moving..

[edit on 1-5-2009 by spinkyboo]

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join