It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
am i right in saying swine flu currently seems to be mild but has the potential to mutate? with another virus? and get worse?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

This is weird.

I had the worst case of stomach flu in my life in March this year. I couldn't eat for 6 days. Then overnight I had an insatiable appetite. Back in February I had a head / sinus cold ( no temp ) for a week then it disappeared for a week and then reappeared. Ouch. It's NOT been a good year - healthwise. I am a middle aged, athletic male that rarely has health issues.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Originally posted by infinite

I shall monitor it

(currently playing SimCity on the Wii)

So that's how you get your reports in so fast.. by building a civ in simcity and then infecting them all with a virus and see how many catch it?

Have you named each neighbouring family a country?

I wonder if the WHO are playing the same game?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Just wanted to pop in and star you...

Your doing a great service for your "thready's"

I have the same data entry position in another thread...

Those projections are concerning...

Keep up the good work!!!

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by coddon88

CDC only said 2 new cases and 1 is in Plano. How long have they been confirmed? Could he have meant probable? I

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
# Hong Kong: Hotel guests where confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases stayed refuse to return to the establishment. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

# Hong Kong: Three contacts of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed cases isolated at hospital; eight fellow hotel guests also isolated. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
China is releasing information on those cleared..

# China, Guangzhou City: Influenza A (H1N1) ruled out in 53 students at a local school; facemasks sold out at some pharmacies. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yep. That's it. And only one doc even ran a test on 21 people and that was because of the GI symptoms and he was afraid to give the guy a prescription that could kill him. I dont even think he did a "flu test" (whatever that is). It was so horrible I laid in bed for 5 days the second go round wanting to DIE and i dont GET sick. Ever.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
# Hong Kong: Hotel guests where confirmed influenza A (H1N1) cases stayed refuse to return to the establishment. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

# Hong Kong: Three contacts of influenza A (H1N1) confirmed cases isolated at hospital; eight fellow hotel guests also isolated. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

It's a horrible thought, but this is where it could take a nasty turn!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
2 more cases in Alberta, Canada

New Alberta swine flu case linked to Tennessee

Alberta has two new confirmed cases of swine flu, both mild, the province's chief medical officer of health announced Friday.

Both women are in Calgary. One had recently travelled to Mexico but the other travelled to Tennessee.

Both women are recovering at home, Dr. André Corriveau said.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Oh, I am sure the "actual" number in Texas is way over 100,000. I want to go ahead and say that I am not trying to scare people but I firmly believe this to be the case.

I would say nation-wide the number has to be close to 1,000,000. I believe this is the reason that the news "blackout" has gone into effect.

If that number got out to the general public here in the States there would be runs on everything.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

This is weird.

I had the worst case of stomach flu in my life in March this year. I couldn't eat for 6 days. Then overnight I had an insatiable appetite. Back in February I had a head / sinus cold ( no temp ) for a week then it disappeared for a week and then reappeared. Ouch. It's NOT been a good year - healthwise. I am a middle aged, athletic male that rarely has health issues.

You are not alone - this is what is happening worldwide. The colds are not standard colds - and the flu is not flu - many symptoms appear as allergy - and respiratory distress.
It is hard for people to shake - and it returns over and over again....
It's been especially noticeable in the last couple of years.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm back from a trip to Los Angeles and while there I seen nothing out of the norm. They did report that the two suspicious deaths were apparently NOT from this flu... They had over 300 samples sent in for testing and were awaiting results. I'm still sick, and I am now in northern Utah and am awaiting instructions from my company, As of now they don't want me to travel any more, so I may be stuck here, at least until I can see a doc and have tests. I really don't feel that bad, but I have had this cold (I call it a cold because that is what I think it is) for nearly two weeks.

I was just listening to a local radio broadcast on FM 102.7 here in Salt Lake City, and they reported that because of several confirmed cases of swine flu in children in Park City they decided to close all Park City schools yesterday... Guess what the over 4,000 kids did?

Most of them went to the theater to watch movies, Park City theaters reported all time record ticket sales yesterday and it was mostly kids, also many of them went to local fast food restaurants and shopping malls.

So they are going to keep the schools on Park City closed again today, and guess where the kids will be?

Weird times, I have a kit from my company which includes hand sanitizer wash, gloves and masks. But I really am starting to believe this isn't going to be that bad... Only time will tell I suppose.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
WTF??? - Is sensoring procedures on its way?

I Just google news, and I find this interresting article...

Canadian doctor fighting swine flu in Mexico

Edmonton Sun - ‎4 minutes ago‎
... at the heart of the influenza outbreak in Mexico has been working 14-hour days treating nervous patients, two of whom tested positive for the swine flu. ...
www.edmontonsun.com...

I click the link!

Oops...

Our apologies, something seems to be wrong with this address!

Here's an index of EdmontonSUN.com to help you find what you're looking for:

- WTF?

Sencored in 4 minutes... WHAT! We all know what lack is in news from ground zero... There is none, like any contacts to local doctors --- Wall to the truth?

link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Oh, I am sure the "actual" number in Texas is way over 100,000. I want to go ahead and say that I am not trying to scare people but I firmly believe this to be the case.

I would say nation-wide the number has to be close to 1,000,000. I believe this is the reason that the news "blackout" has gone into effect.

If that number got out to the general public here in the States there would be runs on everything.

I would not doubt those numbers at all. I bet there are thousands that have no idea that they are infected "yet"

link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I wish it would quit raining here in the Mid West so I could see the chemtrails..........The clouds broke in one spot yesterday for about 30 and the chemtrails looked like a checker board...........

Its been raining here for over a week

This sickness is everywhere.........something is causing it on top of this swine flu issue.......

Our immune systems are being beat down...........

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

link   
Is the person with the kid with kidney problems still about? I have been speculating with friends that a lot of us already have, or have had SOMETHING. There could very well be several things going around right now.

Also bear in mind, typical colds and allergies have the same symptoms as this flu....

Thanks so much Infinite, and everyone else keeping this thread updated. It really has gotten so hard to keep up...But it's nice to try.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

extremely hoarse in his voice and was joking about it.

Yes scratchy throat, hoarsness, dry cough, tightness in throat,

I swear this has already been out there for months.

I had it

It hung on for about three weeks, but these people seem to be recovering quicker.

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

I can't say that I had the H1N1 flu or not but I can tell you that I had a flu back in late February to March that would give this flu a run for the money if it wasn't the same.

I was so sick I could not get out of bed for two weeks. The third week just when I thought things were trying to get better I was hit with laryngitis for "six" weeks.

I am not talking about a sore throat and raspy voice. I am talking about a complete inability to even whisper.

I am scheduled for an endoscopy next week to check why my voice to date has not returned to normal.

I can talk and there is no pain but my voice is still a bit rough and hoarse.

If this thing is any worse than what I had then God please us all.

The flu I had circulated in one of the hospitals were I worked and we had several healthcare workers hospitalized for a brief spell.

It seemed to have run it's coarse and there have been very few complaints of the flu among us so we are sitting on pins and needles hoping that this will not start the ball rolling again.

We are all betting that if we had been tested that some of use would have been positive for this flu.

I just hope that it means that we have an immunity to this thing now but I doubt it. Most flues don't work that way.

Just like in a home you can keep reinfecting each other until it seems that it will never end.

Boy do I hope I am wrong about this thing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Governments will censor the media, including internet, during an emergency.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
# Morocco: Influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out In a Passenger Arriving At Rabat-Salé Airport #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join