It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
12 Confirmed cases in Bryan,Texas.. Remeber this date/time.. The police in Bryan,Texas are not telling the media about their new confirmed cases right now..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well we should know for sure with in a week or so. The Mexican government finally agreed to let some cdc and WHO people in and they went straight to the village. I don't think they believe it didn't come from the pig farm.(the Mexican test's said the pig's where fine etc. but one scientist's said it could have been cariied by flies..have no idea personally haven't seen any make ups of the virus)
They also showed a large group of health people who where obviously american going around handing out papers to people and asking them to fill them out. Several wouldn't take them.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Another piece on the Scotland situation:

Scotland Confirms First Case Of Human-to-Human Transferred Influenza A (H1N1) Virus

Polmont, Scotland (AHN) - Scotland's first confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) of a victim who contracted the disease without visiting Mexico says he thinks he picked the virus up from Scottish newly-weds Iain and Dawn Askham, who in turn think they caught the flu on their flight home to Birmingham from Cancun.

The Askhams say that five men sitting close to them were feverish and were coughing and sneezing during the entire flight.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The health authorities in the United Kingdom are trying to locate these five men, they are currently not in isolation or have supply of drug treatment.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by Virtruvious

... because the kids there are getting sick again after already having had this flu! They where talking to one mother who had 4 kids from a toddler to about age 10-11 I would say and she said they are getting sick faster than the first time and she is scared for them.

The more data that comes, the more I think this is indeed a 2 wave or 2 virus things.

First, normal flu.
Second: Other virus, or same flu that we can get 2 times in a row?

Having 2 things would explains many different reports, etc... personnal point of view.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
if there are 642 suspected in the UK then i dont care what anyone says, there will be over 1000 or 2000 in the US at the very least

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Like many of you I too am confused by the lack of effort by the "powers to be" to contain the spread of the H1N1 flu. Is it possible the Gov. has determined the first wave will have minimal death in the developed world and wants as many of us to become infected now so as to have some immunity to the potentially more dangerous second wave flu?

If this were true then controlling panic would be their number one concern, and the admission that this was their strategy would imply we have total disregard to the potential losses of life with the elderly/young and in the non-developed area of the world during this first wave. Thus, what would they say, everything is fine, carry on as normal.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Today on SkyNews in UK, they had a doctor saying that you can only infect people when you are showing symptons, i was outraged.

Can someone confirm this please.

Also, the media keep on using the word anit-virals (aka: Tamiflu) as if they are ready and preped to 'cure' people, to avoid people panicking. In fact, the news were saying the UK is one of, if not the best, prepared countries in the World. I thought to myself, what about the poor buggers in Africa, India, China, etc!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on the CDC website the past few days.

4/28/09 - 64 Confirmed Cases
4/29/09 - 91 Confirmed Cases
4/30/09 - 109 Confirmed Cases
5/01/09 - 141 Confirmed Cases

www.cdc.gov...

Edit because I added something I think the website viewed as a "tag" and it didn't post the rest of my post! LOL

Anyway, I was saying that the above link is updated once a day usually around 11:00 am ET. Considering the number of "confirmed" cases is growing on a daily basis, I can't help but wonder what the "un-confirmed" cases are.

I know for a fact that my SO and I wouldn't go to the Dr unless we were extremely ill. How many other people are thinking the same thing? How many people aren't being "diagnosed" because they're just staying home to nurse themselves thru this?

Can't help but wonder.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by cnichols]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I truly hope they find them. But I can guarentee that if they where that sick on the plane they are either dead or have gotten over it by now.

To the other post about the data coming in. If the WHO doesn't step things up and get with the program and fast they aren't going to stay in control no matter how much they try. They are taking far to long for many state governments as it is. These state's are the one's who are saying they have an emergency so they can test in house. I am thinking that many countries are going to go outside the box real soon too. This is obviously spread much wider than what they are saying right now. With more countries "waiting" for permission etc come's a lot of anger. I think by next week there will be at least 2 that step out of line and tell the truth. Then it will cascade into everyone having to tell the whole truth.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Swine flu: Schoolgirl becomes Britain's eleventh victim

An 11-year-old girl has been confirmed as Britain's eleventh swine flu victim, after the first human-to-human transmission in this country was announced.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

When these victims starts to die - then we see the real panic. But in that crowd, I am sure there is none from ATS members...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Also, wanted to say (for UK people here), i heard Chris Moyles this morning and he sounded extremely hoarse in his voice and was joking about it.

I think over the weekend, you'll start seeing 'celebrities' showing signs, especially news reporters, as they are on the front-line, so to speak and i haven't seen any masks at these press conferences.

As soon as BO wears a Bio-Hazmat suit to give a press conference on how many billions he's giving to Chrysler (who declared bankruptcy), then it's fair to say it is serious.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Swine flu: Schoolgirl becomes Britain's eleventh victim

An 11-year-old girl has been confirmed as Britain's eleventh swine flu victim, after the first human-to-human transmission in this country was announced.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

When these victims starts to die - then we see the real panic. But in that crowd, I am sure there is none from ATS members...

but will any die really?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cnichols

www.cdc.gov...

I know this doesn't look deadly outside Mexico YET, but I have leant that were this to be a pandemic, apparently the cases and deaths would double every three days. Those numbers aren't far off.

Thanks all for their contributions so far.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by left turn only

I was shocked to hear on news today that British Airways (probably other carriers as well) are still allowing people to fly to Mexico!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by danskiUK

Originally posted by cnichols

www.cdc.gov...

I know this doesn't look deadly outside Mexico YET, but I have leant that were this to be a pandemic, apparently the cases and deaths would double every three days. Those numbers aren't far off.

Thanks all for their contributions so far.

I think the big picture though is that this flu isnt any worse and actually seems milder than the regular flu season. There are deaths with any flu.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Mexico: Overall Case Count Up to to 15 Confirmed Deaths and 358 Confirmed Cases of Influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu #H1N1
5 minutes ago from web (does not include the 250 odd reported today)

Mexico: Three Additional Fatal Cases and 46 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed. #swineflu #H1N1
7 minutes ago from web

US, Iowa: Clarification, The Public Health Officer of Iowa is preparing for a Public Health Disaster in the state. #swineflu #H1N1
8 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Today on SkyNews in UK, they had a doctor saying that you can only infect people when you are showing symptons, i was outraged.

That is bollocks, you are carrying the flu, before you show any symptoms. They are just trying to control fear.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Mexico, Mexico City: Four Additional Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Fatal Case Count Increases to 11. #swineflu #H1N1
less than 10 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mexico, Tlaxcala: First Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed. #swineflu #H1N1
half a minute ago from web

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join