It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Breaking News Out of Charleston SC

The CDC / Government has told the hospital not to disclose confirmed cases to the public.........

This is from one of the two largest hospitals in Charleston.......so if it was told in one, it was told in the other.

Hundreds of patients have been hitting the ER............

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

extremely hoarse in his voice and was joking about it.

Yes scratchy throat, hoarsness, dry cough, tightness in throat,

I swear this has already been out there for months.

I had it

It hung on for about three weeks, but these people seem to be recovering quicker.

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Can you source this or is the information from a close contact?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
US, California: State health officials confirm two cases of influenza A (H1N1) among U.S. Marines at Camp Pendleton #swineflu#H1N1
half a minute ago from web

link   
Is anyone reporting power outages in South-East UK today? I'm on a paranormal board and have seen 2 separate posts about it, someone driving around trying to find wireless in their car. They say the highway is blocked by police?

(Site is known for hoaxes so I'm seeing if anyone else knows about this)

link   
reply to post by infinite

I sourced the contact in an earlier post ..........Its my nurses son-in-law who is working at the hospital

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

I live in the South East and no power problems. But, I have witnessed the police blocking roads in Canterbury, St.John's roundabout was blocked off.

Numerous emergency activity in Canterbury, countless police and ambulances around the city.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Today on SkyNews in UK, they had a doctor saying that you can only infect people when you are showing symptons, i was outraged.

That is bollocks, you are carrying the flu, before you show any symptoms. They are just trying to control fear.

Of course, you must have flu before you show symptoms.

What the doc was saying is that for 3-5 days of incubation, when you don't show any symptoms, you CAN'T infect others. Only after you start sneezing et al, can you begin infecting others.

Can someone clarify that please?

I thought you could infect whilst having no signs/symptoms, that's why it is so virulent.

Probably not even worthy of mentioning though, as the doctors they have on MSM are there to placate any fears, and so are just puppets.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thank you.

(second...line?)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think it HAS been out there and made that post in another topic days ago. The doctors I and my family and friends NEVER seem to "test" when we have the flu. They see us, give a listen to our chest, take our temp, and then prescribe antivirals or antibiotics, depending on some criteria in their heads and then just say, bedrest and plenty of fluids. Everyone (21 people) where I work had a HORRIBLE flu end of December beginning of January...most TWICE and only one doc even ran a blood test. My friend in England reported the same thing. Frankly, I think the CDC and WHO focus only when they're forced to. It's a crock.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I left something off my post........

They have been treating with Tamiflu.....

Many, I say many have returned to the ER sicker than when they have came in.

The hospital is working on seeing the effectiveness of Tamiflu........with concerns that it makes the "non" human strains more stronger against a weak immune system..

I have posted in several post that Tamiflu will not work against this strain......period!!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My mom was in Marshall Texas last month staying with my brother for a couple weeks and she got very ill while she was there, fever chills hoarseness coughing in fact so sick they took her to hospital and she spent most of time in bed. Now I wonder if it might have been that flu.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Slovakia, Nitra: Student Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) After Trip To Mexico. Clinic Closes Pending Test Results. #swineflu
less than 10 seconds ago from web

link   

I've noticed a flux of emergency services out today.

I live near Heathrow.

link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

Also earlier in the week a friend of mine said there was high Police activity on the A1 (Newark) He said it looks like they were on some form of exercise, probs 20-30 Police vehicles.

Are they getting ready to restrict travle?

Time will tell

[edit on 1-5-2009 by IamNow]

link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
The hospital is working on seeing the effectiveness of Tamiflu........with concerns that it makes the "non" human strains more stronger against a weak immune system..
[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

who is saying this? do you have any info?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Just got off the cell with my Brother in North Carolina he is a trama Np and says it is true they are inundated with test's and are asking them to only send in test's for "severly ill". It isn't only there it is NATION WIDE. The only cases you are going to see is about people who are in really bad shape and require hospitalization period.

link   

Ok, l have been saying it for days and now I know I have to be right.
This thing is spreading like wildfire and just like normal flu, this will circle the globe and be everywhere.

I just got a call from my mother and in my hometown in North East Texas they have two people in the hospital under quarantine. They have not been " confirmed " as swine flu but I told my mother that a hospital does not "quarantine" for just your run of the mill flu either.

Yes, this town is in Texas but it is very small. It is 6hrs from Houston, almost 3 hrs from Dallas and the population is about 5,200 people.

Ok, if it is in Atlanta, Tx then it has to be everywhere.

link   
reply to post by connelly4245

I know this thread is moving very quickly.........It is sourced in an earlier post.........employee's son-in-law at the hospital

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Hmm, could well be.

This was like a check point at the local tourist park. Could be an exercise in the event of quarantine measures.

new topics

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join