It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Fox has a live stream on their website.
interactive.foxnews.com...

I really hope that lady dostor screwed up in her talking and said "a pandemic after normal flu season!"
All these reporters are asking about is who is making the vaccine and who is going to have a patten on it.
Then was one question about Mexico saying that the WHO org dragged their feet.
When the cnn reporter was asking the question he drew his thumb across his throat as if cutting it! This is really disgusting to me right now.

They are also talking about watching and testing to see if the virus is going to be crossing over with another virus and getting worse.

MTV there asking questions

Asking about the genitc make up of the virus....answer each percentage of the virus used to make this vaccine will not relate to any one certain area as to where it came from and she now claims she is not competant to answer the question at this point.

asking about mild backlash of flu and backlash against WHO
giving a definition of pandemic.. means wide spread disease....not neccesarily deadly. talking about past pandemics brings up 1918
again with 1918 talking about how it started out mild then almost completely disappeared then came back to kill. even if we are seeing mild cases now we can see a very dangerous flu/disease later.
it needs to be taken seriously but at sametime stay calm and act with common sence.

cnn again do you think there will be enough of the vaccine for the southern and northern hemisphere?
They are quoting the vaccine already being MADE for next years normal flu season. The new vaccine for the new flu....will be the same no reason to have a different one for n&s hem. No answer to if their will be enough

Refuses to answer if the virus is stipulating in pigs. She says that future tests may prove her to be wrong in thinking it isn't coming from pigs

the flu is considered outside of the seasonal flu and they are not considering to mix it with the normal vaccine. not sure if they can actually decrease the activity of the flu virus- if they mix it with the normal vaccine yet

ouch India has no vaccine manufactures they are getting funding and assitance from WHO to develope companies to manufacture influenza vaccine's. They have five coming in to help.

what about the saftey of the vaccine german reporter
the safety will be tested before they are given to people in trials they will either be very similiar to current seasonal vac basically take the same tech and make a different strain. using h5n1 as a model more blah blah

another vaccine q are they getting a deal for setting aside a certain amount of the seed stock....yes
they are hoping that some will be set aside stock but their is not a capacity to vaccinate the whole world now going on about how those who request the seed stock can get it etc. but had first lead the view that NOT everyone will be getting stock and some manufactures basically have the vaccine facilities ready.

link   
reply to post by BiohazardsBack

yessir again I am sorry message boards are 2 dimensional, thats just what I felt from it, I understand better now. These people should not be victimized.

link   
reply to post by infinite

Granted. I was just remarking a single confirmed case does not an outbreak make, otherwise, we'd be there three or four days ago as you said.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The WHO people said we are not going to level 6 till we can confirm the case's in other place's other than the USA and Mexico....what a joke! It has already been confirmed by more than one health organization. These people seem to want to be in control of who is going to be allowed to make the vaccine's and who is allowed to report what and when.
The news conference was really bad all they took questions about was the dam vaccine and when someone was asking about the spread and how bad it was they claimed not to be able to hear the question therefore couldn't answer it!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Canada has confirmed it too, on a much larger scale. And, also, Australia is extremely secret on what is occurring there. No information, just suspected cases nearing 200

link   
Czech Republic, Ostrava: Two Influenza A (H1N1) Suspected Cases Admitted To Ostrava University Hospital. Both Recently Traveled To Mexico.
1 minute ago from web

link   
reply to post by infinite

Here is the EDIS Pandemic Map... slow to update, but really powerful to watch the spread since last sunday...

www.idemc.org...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Gracias.

Much welcomed.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Czech Republic: 35 Individuals Have Sought Medical Care After Exhibiting Influenza-like Symptoms Upon Return From Mexico. #swineflu #H1N1
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

so sounds to me that they are tring to avoid answering the question.
maybe spreading faster, still one good thing no reported deaths other
than mexico and us.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

3 probable cases of swine flu in Joliet

Three girls, ages 7, 8 and 11, were tested after being brought to local hospitals, with the specimens proving positive for influenza A -- a probability factor for swine flu, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.

www.daily-journal.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Canada has confirmed it too, on a much larger scale. And, also, Australia is extremely secret on what is occurring there. No information, just suspected cases nearing 200

They (WHO) made it way to obvious that they are the one's who are going to remain in charge of EVERYTHING that has to do with this outbreak. They made refference to past pandemics etc.
But the whole of the conference was around the vaccine and if anyone was getting the right's to it, when was it going to be ready etc. They did make it sound like it would be ready with the regular flu vaccine for the up coming season....that is 24 weeks away.(week 40- week 20 is noraml flu season)
Ps sorry if I screwed up in the post about the conference I was typing while they where talking and she obviously isn't the best at english. then again my typing sucks too so can't exactly complain about her talking.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Looks like the uk confirmed and suspected cases are jumping up quite rapidly

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I just read on Fox news that they are saying Swine Flu may have originated in California? Has anyone else heard this?

www.foxnews.com...

From the article:

"Growing evidence in California suggests that early flu cases had no apparent origin in Mexico. Many of the early California victims — including the first two cases — say they hadn't traveled to Mexico and had no contact with pigs. Some may have fallen ill before the first Mexicans did."

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's an interview with a DIA baggage handler (from Parker, CO, where I live) about his experience with the H1N1. From the Denver Post.
Denver Post

Who knows if his kids are in school and went to the same one as my friend's kid...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Test confirm Human to Human transfer in UK

BBC

Looks like level 6, That really does suck

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Virtruvious

That report is stemming from one put out by the Mexican government and the supposed case is right on the border with Mexico.
The only problem is that the "supposed" ground zero for it and when it happend was a few month's back.
Also an update from the area where everyone but Mexico think's it started showed the people where not only angry but worried because the kids there are getting sick again after already having had this flu! They where talking to one mother who had 4 kids from a toddler to about age 10-11 I would say and she said they are getting sick faster than the first time and she is scared for them.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Doctors tracking swine flu in California are investigating a new theory: What if it didn't originate in Mexico but instead had been floating around the border region for months?

Growing evidence in California suggests that early flu cases had no apparent origin in Mexico. Many of the early California victims — including the first two cases — say they hadn't traveled to Mexico and had no contact with pigs. Some may have fallen ill before the first Mexicans did.

www.foxnews.com...

I still think this thing has been around for a few months.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
US, Illinois: Three Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; 41 Probable Cases Identified #swineflu #H1N1
less than 10 seconds ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
US, Indiana: CDC Confirms Two More Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Three Total in State
half a minute ago from web

new topics

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join