It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sheesh! When are they gonna get the results for the Scottish guy already, i'm biting my nails in anticipation here.

Hope it comes back negative.

By the way they are building it up tells me that they already know it's positive.

Level 6 here we come......... Only time will tell.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

They seem to have posponed it, reason no one knows. Could be they are waiting until the press conference, before they will let us know weiter tht guy has got the virus or not.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I think there is a fine line here that is not being understood. I quote from my first post below.

All known subtypes of influenza A viruses can be found in birds.

"Human influenza virus" usually refers to those subtypes that spread widely among humans. There are only four known A subtypes of influenza viruses (H1N1, H1N2, H3N2, and H7N2) currently circulating among humans.

There are many more avian viruses in birds that have not caused human infection so they don't generally cross over. But once they do they continue to resort and there is usually an influenza A (avian) virus in circulation each year of one of the known subtypes. While this one is H1N1 it is a totally different combination. Last year H3N2 and H7N2 were in the vaccine.

The H5N1 is in a phase of mutation but has not, and may never, become transmissible human to human. It has become the 5th avian influenza virus to cross species, it is just not efficient enough for human to human spread.

I don't think there is really disagreement here. I think I may not be explaining my point well.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The BBC say the results are due at 15.00 GMT

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Brazil, Bahia: One New Possible Influenza A (H1N1) Case Under Observation; Cumulative Total Reaches Three Cases Statewide #swineflu
less than a minute ago from web

If it was negative, we would've heard yesterday.

All close contacts are probably being contacted and isolated as we type.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

They seem to have posponed it, reason no one knows. Could be they are waiting until the press conference, before they will let us know weiter tht guy has got the virus or not.

WHO press conference perhaps?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No Scottish Government Press Conference will take place around 3pm or UK Health Authorities Press Conference. If they are withholding info until that time.

I for one will not be amused. Was bad enough the PM anouncing results in the common without telling the parents first off all. I do hope they inform the gentlemen first before going public wth the results.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hong Kong: First Influenza A (H1N1) Case Confirmed; Recent Travel History to Mexico #swineflu #H1N1
less than 5 seconds ago from web

(no human-to-human cases in Hong Kong, yet)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am probably one of the most technically challenged people on ats! If you click on the reply thing on my post about the video it will take you to his post with the video. I have tried to embed a video before, gave up and posted the link. LOL

I too am very suspicious that not one family member, friend or sick person has not been interviewed by not ONE news outlet! Have you any idea what a scoop that would be for any news agency???? Of course we do! Hmm, this is by far one of the things that just keeps me very edgy about this.

For those of us big on NWO stuff, have you seen the latest "expert" on cnn? A woman named Laurie Garrett....A Senior Fellow of the COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS..........
Are we at all surprised that a representative from the CFR would downplay the seriousness of this thing? I just don't know what to think about this.

I have been a patient of my doctor now for over 25 years! I have been trying to call the office to see if any of them have any thoughts. I just got through and one of the secretaries that has been there all these years said the doctors at the practice are not overly concerned. They have requested that if anyone is sick they wear a mask before coming in. My skeptical arse just still wonders are they being told to give out this response.

I am getting tired of the constant questions, seeming mixed messages, and the whole damn thing is just pissing me off. You can't really trust anything now.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
CDC:

H1N1 Virus Infections in a School --- New York City, April 2009. http://(link tracking not allowed)/AXp8P #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Test Results of Swine Flu case will be announced at the Scottish Parliement, shortly by The Scotish Health Secretary. Headline grabbing as far as I am concerned. Who advise these people!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Mexico City: Health officials conducting house-to-house surveys to identify new influenza A (H1N1) cases. #swineflu

twitter

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Somone on another thread made a good point which I'll briefly paraphrase :

This virus is very infectious as we are being told left right and centre. News from "insiders" outside as well as from Mexico have stated that there are people fighting for their life over this virus so it IS indeed very aggressive in some people but that in more developed countries initially at least deaths are mostly prevented due to quick care of the patient and the help of whatever anti virals are being used. IF as we are led to expect, the infection rates continue expontentially for however long, the situation could evolve into a scenario where hospitals are overhwhelmed, health care workers are off on sick and people who have a harder time getting over this virus would die because of no access to a Dr, hospital or any kind of medication. This COULD become a reality . Normal flu is not as infectious as this one and it's been said alot that it is the infection rate that is a main concern.

Imagine a couple of million infected in one country and only a percentage of those people able to have access to health care ? Of those a certain perecentage would likely die. Then if this scenario plays itself out all around the globe......so it seems to be the infection rate that is the biggest issue here. The 1918 flu apparantly had an infection rate of around 50-60 % and I've heard this one looks to be about 40% (maybe we can find out specifics )

At the moment, anyone catching it and going to a hospital in time is likely to survive so we gather, at least outside of Mexico. But what happens when the hospitals just cannot cope ! And this WILL happen if this virus continues to infect people for weeks to come

Talking of which, does anyone know how long, typically, a flu like virus exists for before petering out....how many weeks or months is this current strain likely to go around for before it potentially weakens ?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I feel the exact same way!

We are getting no answers, just more questions.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Brazil: A total of four suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide and 42 individuals under observation. #swineflu
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
US, Massachusetts, Buzzards Bay: Coast Guard Lieutenant with Influenza-Like Symptoms Tested for Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Test Results of Swine Flu case will be announced at the Scottish Parliement, shortly by The Scotish Health Secretary. Headline grabbing as far as I am concerned. Who advise these people!!!!!!!!!

You saw that coming a mile off

It's obviously positive then.

Which may mean we'll be hearing from the WHO at some point today.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]
Cant get me words right today!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I was certainly hoping this was not going to happen, lets hope they have informed that gentleman before they announce this. But I have a feeling, they will do exacly what Gordon Brown done previously.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think they think that announcing these things in parlament is a way to reassure people. I for one give things said like this less credibility!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
US, Kentucky: Warren country resident confirmed with influenza A (H1N1) while visiting Georgia. Possible pediatric case in Western Kentucky
less than 10 seconds ago from web

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join