It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by alysha.angel

On what premise?
The infection rate has increased. Its not based on deaths.

Spanish Flu fatality rate was 2-5%, but the infection rate was 50-60%

ok i didnt know that i honestly thought it was based on deaths , please excuse my confusion.

for skynews live streaming !!!!!!!!!!!

news.sky.com...

[edit on 1/5/09 by alysha.angel]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yesterday I saw on the late TV news here in Scandinavia when they talked with a high health official from the EU meeting in Luxembourg , who said the reason that WHO has changed the level 5 & level 6 blocks and bundled them together - was because: (and this was his words, I heard them clearly)

"We are ALREADY! in a Pandemic, saying anything different would be to lie to the people."

So there we have it!

Today when I searched the net to find any official source to quote, I couldn't find any official source about it!

-So either is this honest guy telling us the truth as it is, and the other official's (TPTB) would like us to be in the dark for some more time. Thereof the lack of an official declaration

-Or that the guy was lying through his teeth's, scaremongering - because they want the sheeps to be afraid.

So the conclusion has to be:

Some of the TPTB including VP BIDEN wants us to panic.

Some others of the TPTB don't want us to panic so they can control this thing easier.

But that both factions of TPTB/ the authorities wants confusion - either way the TPTB wins.

All this affair stinks of Hegelian Dialect!

Somthing is coming for sure!

Maybe someone in the US can find out what LAWS that went through this week when the media had focus on this flu?

I read somewhere that they dusted off some old and controversial proposal (about control during crises) that went through this week?

So that we could analyse the fact of their motives and where they are leading us with all these actions.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cooler

"the message i got from this was, we are all going to get swine flu, some are gonna die most will survive & then we will all be ammune to it."

no way will every one catch this at most 40 50% will, but i do belive this is even higly unlikely"

iv'e never even had the regular flu, thank god. the CDC and WHO know something major that we dont... i belive this is why they are making such a big deal about this. i think they're worried about a mutation. think about it mixing with the super deadly strain of bird flu and becoming airborne and transmitable from human to human...then we are in some serious trouble. there is more to the story that they are concealing i can gauruntee you that

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
reply to post by cooler

"the message i got from this was, we are all going to get swine flu, some are gonna die most will survive & then we will all be ammune to it."

no way will every one catch this at most 40 50% will, but i do belive this is even higly unlikely"

iv'e never even had the regular flu, thank god. the CDC and WHO know something major that we dont... i belive this is why they are making such a big deal about this. i think they're worried about a mutation. think about it mixing with the super deadly strain of bird flu and becoming airborne and transmitable from human to human...then we are in some serious trouble. there is more to the story that they are concealing i can gauruntee you that

you may be correct about my rant, but untill you have actuall proof concealment is in some way being used against people, you can gauruntee nothing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Great post!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Mexico starts five-day shutdown to slow swine flu

With 312 confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus, Mexico has urged residents to stay at home and has shut down business and non-essential government activity to try to stop the so-called "swine flu" spreading. Worldwide, the total of known cases is now about 500 in 11 countries, according to the World Health Organisation.

www.rfi.fr...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cooler

read some of the testimonies from mexican doctors that have been comming out. some of those dudes are saying the infection and death figures are way over 10 times higher than are being reported.

or look at all of the conflicting reorts in the american media...so yes i belive 1000% that something is being concealed and we are being lied to

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Another probable 213 cases in the United States.

I have to make note, the reporting on confirmed cases has literally become non-existent today.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Good lord, if this get worse, can you imagine what is going to happen to economy. it is as bad as it is right now, if we all decided to close up business, unil the pandemic subsides, we are going to be in a worse condition.

I hope we do not get to that stage.

I have to make note, the reporting on confirmed cases has literally become non-existent today.

We will find out sometime today or not weither that dude in falkirk has caught the virus or not. Hopfully his results will be negative.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

In a way yes...

www.tennessean.com...

A nurse at a clinic also said that there's a lot of backlog. I'd have to agree with other posters that the msm is waiting for sheeple to be distracted by weekend plans.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The BBC are saying this is a "mild flu"

Preliminary analysis of the swine flu virus suggests it is a fairly mild strain, scientists say.

It is believed that a further mutation would be needed in order for the H1N1 virus to cause the mass deaths that have been estimated by some.

But at this point, it is impossible to predict with any accuracy how the virus will continue to evolve.

UK experts at the National Institute for Medical Research will outline on Friday the work they are due to start on samples of the virus sent from the US.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Seriously, i have no idea what to think about this whole thing. I just read posts you know? I just read but i never really commit either way to any particular point of view, although i like to entertain the ideas and theories. But i am on the fence.

Like other posters have said the government isn't going to tell us to stock up on stuff are they? It would cause panic.

I think to myself, if i see dead people in the street, especially where i live, then that is the time to panic. But by then it is probably too late.

Also can somebody explain to me, unless i am totally confused here. My ATS points seems to have a minus in front of it. Why is that? Or am i just seeing things?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I would rather listen to a Medical Officials, or the W.H.O., rather than listen to Government Ministers. UK Gov has a reputation of not telling its citizens the whole story or the truth.

The way I look at it if we are going to get this virus or the flu, nothing we can do about it really is there. The people where I live are not bothered either way, they are not panicking like some else where in the world.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

hey that is an awesome attitude...you need to stay skeptical about everytthing and entertain all theories so you might learn. thats the whole point of theories and this site. see others points of view run them through your head and formulate your own possition. never follow a theory blindly without subjecting it to other points of view.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The Media attention has dropped quite dramatically on this now.

I'm not sure what to really think about it, still 50/50 i guess.

I know for sure that the current hype over the past few days from the MSM has given me a kick up the bum in terms of preparing myself for any eventuality. Which i see as a good thing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is situation right now in Finland, we have two suspected cases, nothing done in airoports or by our government... Hundred thousand people meeting in capitol... Quess why I am not attending?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Media is silenced... Why?

Who wants the black friday in economy? Not EU - that message was out. They want the pandemic to grow... Bastards.

We should listen WHO - and WHO only - thats why those monitor systems are build, but when they raise their voice, they are dissmissed, so why we have those systems anyway?

I will take this very serious before knowledge is here. IN ATS! --- And we all can mostly agree in our judgement... We are one.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
reply to post by cooler

read some of the testimonies from mexican doctors that have been comming out. some of those dudes are saying the infection and death figures are way over 10 times higher than are being reported.

or look at all of the conflicting reorts in the american media...so yes i belive 1000% that something is being concealed and we are being lied to

in mexico there does seem to be a lack of info from mexico gov, but other places are being more informative about numbers of infections/treatments.
so yes there will be people saying things are much worse, but how close is this info to the trueth ?.
there are conflicts of info going on, like last night on the news some people infected on a plane from mexico were told to stay home & take tamiflu for some days, whilst another family on the same flight were told the opposite & were told to carry on as normal, wich they did, untill there child went to school & was then sent home by the school for a few days.
whilst this swine flu continues to spread its going to take time befor we know how mild or how lethal it is. at present it looks mild out side mexico.
& since it cant be stopped the best that can be done is to delay it, buying some time to make a vaccine, thats why i think most people will end up being infected at some point in there lives by it. there will remain a lot of unanswered questions about the ins & outs of how this is delt with for now. by specific countrys wich all have there own plans for pandemics.
countrys with poor health services i think are likley to be hit hard like mexico. whilst rich countrys or countrys with good health care may see swine flu as mild. just my thoughts on it.
will we ever find out if this is natures making or humans invention in a lab ?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Peter Johnson Junior in that FOX video said:

We as a society, the freest society in the world need to blah, blah, blah.

The level of brainwashing on that channel is just hilarious & amazing!

I don't need any virus to kill me! - I think I just laughed myself to death!

new topics

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join