It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Germany, Rhein-Kreis Neuss: One Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in Home Isolation Along With Close Contacts #swineflu #H1N1
4 minutes ago from web

Germany, Magdeburg: First Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) in Saxony-Anhalt #swineflu #H1N1
9 minutes ago from web

Germany: Health Ministry confirms fourth influenza A (H1N1) case; first record of community transmission in Germany. #swineflu #H1N1
13 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there'll be any sort of life briefing on the TV today from the CDC or WHO and if so, what time in the UK ?

And apart from the theories of them not wanting a black friday, why else do you think news appears to have slowed down so much...is it possible that the media have been ordered to blanket things for example ?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Live Briefings from the WHO usually goes live around 4pm UK Time. Hope that helps. Media awaiting the outcome off tests on man From UK, anouncement seems to be postponed for some reason.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

There was a lot of questions on the media being controlled by the gov't (as if that's something new
) if the level went to 6. Then the WHO decided to pull a fast one on me this morning and combine their 5&6 to make a level 5-6.

So I'd assume in essence we are at level 6? If so and people were right about blacking out the news, we won't be hearing much about it, and would also explain why we're hearing stories about Michael Jackson being afraid to fly and such.

link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
is it possible that the media have been ordered to blanket things for example ?

Yes.
That is the rumour.

link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Cheers Laura

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
can i watch it on sky news or will there be a online feed.
lets see what they say, good news for all, do anyone have an opinion on going to big events like a football match in the uk is it to early to worry yet ?

link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I'm on Alert and have prepared myself. On one hand i think what are they hiding, there's definately something wrong with this picture. On the other hand i think, is it possible this will blow over?

But then WHO steps in and i detect a sense of worry in thier tones, wording and body language. I also detect a sense of worry in the way governments are handling the situation. I'm not sure what to believe at the moment.

I want answers and all we're getting are more questions

link   
reply to post by niteboy82

In the event of an emergency, the government can introduce emergency broadcast and prevent the media reporting on certain stories - thus allowing the government ministers to present the information.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Is there any official news article about them combining levels 5 and 6....I don't get it as prior to you mentioning this the way I understood it, level 5 and 6 are separate and we are officially on level 5 ? Have the WHO confirmed this new structuring of their pandemic table ? First I've heard of it.

I hope we learn more "official" news later today about the way the virus is behaving. If it was truly so mild why on earth are we one step away from an official declaration of a pandemic ?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why does this need to go to level 6?
Why is it even at level 5 when all it equates to is little more than a common cold?
Do we see the same treatment applied to normal flu? - no we dont.
I dont know what it is with mexico but this isnt the same problem elsewhere.
This whole thing is an absolute farce!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i was wondering,that here we are in a pandemic level 5...Uh.where are the Public Service Announcments??? i havent seen a single one from this decade///

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
Does anyone know if there'll be any sort of life briefing on the TV today from the CDC or WHO and if so, what time in the UK ?

And apart from the theories of them not wanting a black friday, why else do you think news appears to have slowed down so much...is it possible that the media have been ordered to blanket things for example ?

In MHO as of the WHO level 5 declaration, Goverment & Authorities has implemented special orders regarding preparation, readiness etc.

And in a crises like this I guess there must exist some kind of blanket/control for what the media can report freely.

If they don't want panic that is!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

www.who.int...

Straight from their site, still reading up on it myself, I felt like I was perhaps dreaming when I first saw it. (As I had just woken up. )

----

Infinite:

Well, lets hope we haven't gotten to that point, but I am sure we will end up knowing if they are covering the news eventually.

*Edit - clarity

[edit on 5/1/09 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've seen and heard public service announcements, who was it on here which posted about martial law adverts on MTV? are they still on?

Something is indeed fishy and my enchincea package hasn't arrived, smuggle grandad some as he has the cold like i do at the moment and it started under the damned chemtrail

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Aah, I see. It seems they have indeed put 5 and 6 in the same category but at the same time 5 and 6 are separate while related and it seems phase 6 would still be something they would announce :

"Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way."

Normal flu never goes pandemic even though normal flu can spread all round the globe so for them to take this right to 6 would infer this is indeed a flu to be concerned about...they have had time now to investigate it all even if they haven't come clean with ALL that they know so I would conclude there is something to respond seriously to if phase 6 is declared rather than them notching it up simply to take precautions over something they are in the dark about. You don't mobilize the whole world over some virus you are not that sure about ! They must surely have a better idea of what's going on than they are saying else why all the drama.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I was thinking this morning about how little info we are getting on confirmed cases.

Where's the interviews, or statements from these confirmed cases, and their concerened families and friends. I would have thought there would be more of this about. All we are getting is; so and so has been confirmed in the UK/US/etc as having swine flu, they only have mild symptoms and are recovering well at home. Why hav'nt some of these cases been interviewd by the MSM?

What made me think more deeply into this was seeing the news report on the Scottish couple returning to thier home after being hospitalized since arriving home from Mexico. Now i can understand that a lot of people don't want a lot of media attention, but as they were rushed into thier home, they were wearing coats over thier .s, Thier photo has been plastered over most newspapers and media outlets so we know what they look like, so why would they cover thier .s? Was it really them? How do we know? Where's the reports from thier family saying they are relieved that they are home and well?

Are they all being silenced?

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 1-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Not sure if someone already posted this, but Illinois is now up to 41 suspected cases. Several schools closing as well in Chicago and the 'burbs.

Link

Oddly, this is the same number of suspected cases in California, according to the tracking on Wikipedia.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think its all looking like a huge over reaction now, it may be spreading but its all looking like its just a normal flu. No signs of any nasties in the genetics.

It may still be a pandemic in the technical sence but i think the run for the hills attitude my be over stated!

I have a cold coming on today, slight temperature, bad throat and streaming nose. BUT as the weather is improving in the UK and most of europe im putting it down to a plain old summer cold, even though we are havinh human to human contact.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I really don't think this Swine Flu is as bad as the MSN are making our, only 9 confirmed deaths from Swine Flu is Mexico and 1 outside of Mexico "Who I believe came from there" So very few confirmed deaths, everyone else only suffered mild cases of the virus. The people who have the Virus in the UK are making a great recovery and some of them said “Normal Garden Flu is far worse” so what’s the big deal.

Yes this thing is spreading fast but doesn’t your average garden flu, we live in a day and age where people move from country to country faster than ever before. People are in so much of a rush they forget about hygiene, not so long back “Just before Xmas” there were huge amounts of people around my area with you average garden flu “That was more of a scare than this”

One thing I would like to ask as is, did the people in Mexico die from swine flu “Was that the cause of death” or did they die of something else and unfortunately they had swine flu on top of that. From the reports in the UK I am more scared of getting AIDS off a toilet seat than I am of getting Swine Flu off somebody.

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join