It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I think allot of people will be getting sick next week..

THE CONFIRMED cases are like maybe heck I dunno 10 percent of all who are being a host right now to this virus. Again, I think allot of people have it right now and don't even know it yet.

Good news is the regular flu, is more deadly then this flu. Yet it is a flu, but the seasonal flu is more deadly. Ahem, err its the flu.

so if ya get sick, drink lotsa water, and rest.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
First danish victim of swine flu was infected in New York.

www.hs.fi

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I think:
- this virus is definitly not natural.
- we use it as a front to prepare the world for something under a real or not threat, that is not important, the goal is the preparation that the countries will do.
- we use all the media fuss around it to remove other REAL important news that could tell us what will happen ( For example, the attempt to kill the Dutch Queen, the NATO and Russia hard talk ritght now, NATO expelled russians from the comitee or something like that... There is BIG pipeline talk in russia right now also... There is many, many other nice things that are removed from the big titles)

So... They are preparing for something and while they are doing this, while they are executing some steps of their plan, they need to get our attention elsewhere, or we will ask questions.

Very simple.

Everything it "too convenient" is this. Timings of everything... etc...

So...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
News from Charleston South Carolina, one of my employees (who is a RN) who's son-in-law is a Nurse Practioner in Charleston was called back to work from vacation on Sunday.

He is now assisting in the ER and it has been packed with flu like symptoms. They were told not to test unless the symptoms were severe, but they have been testing anyway.....

They have "confirmed cases" that have not been released to the media and the numbers are growing............They also have been seeing repeat patients.......

I can confirm that the CDC ordered no testing unless the symtoms were severe from a personal experiance this week........

Her son-in-law said schools (have / or) are closing as well as businesses.......

Can anyone report from Charleston????????

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonesinis
reply to post by wyleecoyote

I posted this last night and wanted to make sure to get this out there again. The news is drying up because the numbers are far bigger than what is being reported.
Far bigger.

I want to remind and warn everyone about letting your guard down because the news of this Swine Flu seems to be drying up and getting mellow. There are a couple of things that do not sit right with me about what we are hearing and what we are seeing.

1. WHO does not raise their levels for nothing. In fact, WHO has never raised their level at all. Even during SARS and Bird Flu. It has always been a 3. Now it is a 5. Two levels in less than about a week. By the way, you do not come out and say that all of humanity is in danger one day and then nothing the next.
2. The information from Mexico is all but dried up. I am always suspect of nothing but bad news coming out of one place and then a government locks it down and then starts to say things are looking better.
3. This virus has not gotten to third world countries yet. This is where the real crap can hit the fan. No real healthcare and no real way of figuring out if someone died of swine flu or something else. Let us not forget that a lot of disease and viruses either came from places like Africa or Asia or got there and became a lot more deadly.
4. Along the lines of #3, all it takes is one mutation in a virus to make it deadly. Just one person, in one place. That is it.
5. I think Joe Biden ( even though I cannot stand him ) was telling the truth this morning about not getting in closed in spaces with groups of people. Of course the White House came out and talked for him after that, but what he said in the interview was his personal gospel truth with the information that he has. ( By the way, I think he has a lot more up to date information that what we have. )
6. I personally think the reason the death rate has not hit here in the U.S. is that our healthcare situation is way better here than in Mexico. Along those same lines I also think that you could have a lot of people very sick but on respirators. That is what happened to the 23 month old in Houston. This child went into the hospital on April 12th and did not pass away until April 27th.
7. The White House had someone get sick that traveled with them to Mexico and all they could talk about was how Obama was fine because the sick man never got within 6 ft of the President but at the same time it is okay to fly and take the subway? What? Come on!
8. With all of the doses of medication that we are giving to people to "help" them get over this swine flu does that not increase the chance that the virus becomes immune to it? Are we on the verge of creating a Super Virus?
9. Actions speak louder than words. Mexico shuts down 99% of their government and tells people to stay inside through May 5th. Businesses shut down. No public gatherings. This tells me that all is not well or "leveled off" in Mexico.
10. In all briefings by the W.H., CDC, DHS and whoever else they can put in front of a camera they all say the same thing, " We are in this for the long haul. We expect worse medical conditions and more deaths." No much to read in between the lines on there.

Look, I am like all here that would love to see this thing burn out and never return again but the science does not back that up. It is here and it is here to stay.
Be alert and be aware of everything big picture wise.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Swine Flu Crisis Is Now Over—or Will Be

As the WHO raises its warning to just this side of official pandemic, and Joe Biden tells his family to avoid confined spaces, the backlash is also setting in. The LA Times reports that scientists are already beginning to relax and that the swine flu (aka H1N1) may be a lot less menacing than the plain old flu. And the pork industry is striking back, worrying that it will become as tainted as, well, Mexico.

www.newser.com...

--- Is this life just a ping ball game, where we are jumping around like brainless sheeps?

--- I really would look this with some timetable, before rushing to conclusions. There are so much people who are more concerned from prices of the stocks, than human lifes.

Over? - I think we are just in the beginning.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Egypt: Pig owners hiding animals in Greater Al Qahira area; protesters in Cairo stoned Health Ministry officials arriving at culling sites.
3 minutes ago from web

Egypt: Government-ordered mass pig culling continues; all swine farms to be destroyed. Fund established to compensate owners. #swineflu
5 minutes ago from web

Egypt, Al Fayyum: Ministry of Health Denies "Rumors" About Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) in a Female Student #swineflu
8 minutes ago from web

Poland, Wroclaw: 8-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized For Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) After Returning From Mexico Ten Days Ago. #swineflu #H1N1
10 minutes ago from web

Israel: Police announce roads will be kept open in order to respond to influenza A (H1N1) situations. #swineflu #H1N1
11 minutes ago from web

Israel, Kfar Saba: Influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out in Nine-Year-Old Female #swineflu #H1N1
13 minutes ago from web

Israel, Netanya: Influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out in 75-Year-Old Woman #swineflu #H1N1
14 minutes ago from web

US, South Carolina: Three new influenza A(H1N1) cases confirmed; all cases linked to Newberry Academy in Newberry County. #swineflu
15 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
I can confirm that the CDC ordered no testing unless the symtoms were severe from a personal experiance this week........

Thanks a lot. Tweeted that.

link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
News from Charleston South Carolina, one of my employees (who is a RN) who's son-in-law is a Nurse Practioner in Charleston was called back to work from vacation on Sunday.

He is now assisting in the ER and it has been packed with flu like symptoms. They were told not to test unless the symptoms were severe, but they have been testing anyway.....

They have "confirmed cases" that have not been released to the media and the numbers are growing............They also have been seeing repeat patients.......

Her son-in-law said schools (have / or) are closing as well as businesses.......

Can anyone report from Charleston????????

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

OK so if they aren't testing until the symptoms are "severe" are they still treating people with anti virals even if the have "mild" symptoms? For a flu that's no big deal why would they start rationing the tests?

This makes no sense. Refusing to test early means people will infect others and spread the virus more. It also means people may be too far along to help by the time they are diagnosed and treated. Only a scenario where the system is being overwhelmed would explain this course of action.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by ecoparity]

link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The fact Mexico is still reporting cases (another 200 today) and the rapid spread occurring now in Asia, I doubt we are finished.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
US, Kentucky: Confirmed influenza A (H1N1) case hospitalized in Georgia "very seriously ill," says Georgia hospital official. #swineflu
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You need to remember that it takes 5 days or so to show up as flu.

So they cannot really be blamed.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ecuador, Quito: One Suspected Influenza A H1N1 Case Remains, one suspected case dismissed. #swineflu
less than 20 seconds ago from web

US, Georgia: Two probable influenza A (H1N1) cases in Bremen; contact with persons who traveled to Mexico documented. #swineflu
1 minute ago from web

Israel, Tel Aviv: Couple admitted to Ichilov Hospital as suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases after trip to Mexico. #swineflu #H1N1
2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Another thing, even if this virus, is not that deadly. Not trying to scare people just staying within logical thought. I am sorry if I am scaring, just keep your wits about you. But if allot people start to get sick all at once, wouldnt they have to stay home from work, for a few days, what if allot of people like thousands have to stay home from work, would'nt that effect economics? Also logically no matter how we look at it right whether it be mild or not, people staying all at once for like a week, will sadly effect our poor world economy right now. Just another way to look at this as well. Hypothetical here. I would rather be working right now instead of thinking about this crap. yet unfortunately no jobs to be had around here.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What the hell? Mexico very active today. Another death.

Mexico, Cancun: 14 suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases reported, including one death. #swineflu #H1N1
half a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Isn't great, people all around the world, working togheter. Internet has changed mankind, we evolve with it.

This is why our work is so important and we must continue! Even if all that is just a big joke... Well, we will make fun of it in 25 years, when I will tell that story to my grand children maybe lol.

From around all corners, seeing all that non coordinate information... everyone want to be the truth... this is pathetic.

Let's watch, take notes and help finding the truth instead of pretending to have it.

Sorry, feeling philosphical lol

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Originally I registered here at ATS because of the whole 2012 thing and there seemed to be alot going on here so I joined. I have to tell you guys it was a great decision because this is the quickest place to get info and some very interesting insights. I wonder if as a group we could figure out a way to get some actual testimony from a "recovered patient "who have been released? Lack of input by these people is very strange especially in our instant information age. There is no way possible any of the "cured "don't have the internet at home.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hong Kong quarantines hotel in swine flu case

HONG KONG - Hong Kong Friday quarantined for seven days guests and staff at the hotel where a Mexican man who tested positive for swine flu had stayed, Health Secretary York Chow said.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

- "But, but... We are on honeymoon... We have to be back in... But..."

THERE IS NO "BUT" WITH ASIAN AUTHORITIES! - I just love them...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No they are not.........you can go back and look at one of my earlier post.......Now that is my personal experience.....I can't seak for Charleston

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm very confused about Egypt's actions. Why in the world are they wiping out pig farms? I'm actually baffled by a lot of things about this, this is one confusing virus.

Large casualties which are then reduced to 7 in Mexico. 0 deaths outside of Mexico, yet agencies are reacting as if this is the plague or something. Mixed messages from leadership. Countries like Egypt going to extremes.

What exactly is going on? I am very reluctant to jump readily on any conspiracy bandwagon unless there are some facts. But this one has me puzzled. Are professional agencies, media and governments really this panicy over a supposed 'mild' strain of a flu virus? This is all very odd.

new topics

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join