It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Breaking news:

29 suspected cases in Scotland.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
I have some important and interesting news from my brother just now.

My brother works at Parliament House in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He is NOT a politician, but I will not give anymore info than that.

He is worried, VERY worried and rang to tell me what has recently taken place at his work.
They have a room there, he calls it the 'war room' as a joke, and has only ever seen it used once in the 10+ years he's worked there. That one time was for the recent Black Friday bush fires, and then it was only a smallish gathering of politicians and officials.

He now tells me it was used again. Politicians, officials AND military personal, which is a first, all locked behind closed doors. He has never seen anything like it in the 10+ years he's worked there. He said the whole event was very hush hush, and when he asked his boss what it was about, his boss told him not to ask. He said he'd never seen he's boss so serious before. Obviously he is linking this to the swine virus, though he honestly knows nothing about what went on behind those closed doors.

He also said normally in parliament, the officials and politicians joke around, normal guys, but he said the mood of everyone leaving the meeting was serious. He rang me to not only tell me the story, but to ask what I knew about the seriousness of the virus - I know as much as anyone else ....

So there you have it. I dont know if this has anything to do with the swine virus, or a totally different matter. But the question begs, in 10+ years he's never seen the 'war room' used, except once when Victoria was hit with the worst bush fires in the nations history. Now they are there again, only this time the military was also present, again another first as far as he knows or can remember.

Related to this swine virus? ....

Well it could be related to that, could about North Korea, again, Lotta high powered talk by lil kim, this week, maybe he is mobilizing some forces, I dunno, I am sure he is not ready for a swine flu outbreak in North Korea, and with all of his talk I am sure he'll be doing something stupid soon. I don't know bro. Its a little unstable in the far east right now as well. The flu, could just be something to goto war over, maybe Australia, is just getting prepared for the possibility of bad things.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I thought I would throw up the swine flu google map.......

www.swinemap.org...

I noticed many cases that were probable that turned out to be negative like Bentonville AR (12 that were neg) I am sure there are many others as well???

Yes its spreading but a very weak virus (unless it mutates to something else) but level 5 going to 6 soon????
A world pandemic?

So what does all this mean?? Lets lay it all on the table..............

No actual U.S. deaths?

Obama says everything is fine, Biden creates gaff by saying he would not fly or send his grandchildren to school?

The media on this flu???

DHS reacts to Bidens comments in an unscheduled news conference saying everything is okay, keep flying and traveling...........

DHS says this swine flu is a good test for the next one that is coming?

The boarders are still open to Mexico but we are moving toward level 6???

Various reports keep coming out of Mexico that do not add up to the numbers being reported????

Mexico is completely shut down???

A government and media attempt to mark the starting location of this virus at a U.S company owned pig farm in Mexico??????

The fly over in New York?

Chrysler files for BK and Obama says everything is fine not to worry?

GM is being dismantled...............1000's and 1000's of jobs will be lost much less businesses associated will close?

China is dumping the U.S. dollar for gold and other metals????

Banks will be Nationalized!!! already done deal? (inside source)

Martial law talk on Fox yesterday.....

Alaska on Wednesday staged a mass vaccination prep test

Other prep vaccination events were scheduled?

Nato and U.S have staged military event in Florida?

Military becoming more involved in check points across the U.S.

Acorn knocking on doors for the census with GPS devices, This census project has to be completed by July 2009 when its a 2010 census by orders of the president

The RFID chip is one of the top inventions as reported by MSN last week??

A vaccine will be ready for mass inoculations in the fall as reported on some news channels yesterday

Vaccine companies stocks have sky rocketed?

Baxter is already know for mixing live H5N1 with vaccines, A honest mistake???

Don't forget about those test vaccine deaths in Poland?????

The U.S. government and its history in the manufacturing of weaponized strains.......the 1976 swine flu event?????

Missing strains from military labs??

This is just off the top of my head..............

But don't worry.........everything is okay

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We are wondering why so many died in Mexico compared to other places.

Don't have the exact figures in front of me at the moment, but here is what I believe now, having weighed the evidence:

They say that something like 200 have died in Mexico, well I don't think the virus is anymore lethal there than here, that is crazy and makes no sense. The reason they have so many deaths is because they had/have so many more infections. Here in the US we had one death to 200 infections approx. So if 200 died in Mexico, you can multiply that 200 times right? I think that is the correct math we are looking at. That would make about 40,000 infections in Mexico. Mexico does not have the facilities or even close to it, to monitor and treat the infected. They are just random testing here and there, and adding up the deaths as they hear about them.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well according to the protocol of the pandemic plans the reports from ALL states are due.(April 31st, they are now due weekly at level 5) We are either going to get an update today or they are going to hold it off till Monday. With Monday sounding more likely.
We should also be seeing a rise in the number of confirms being they began testing in ernest almost 4 days ago. They have stated it can take a max a four days for the cultures to come back and many states have instituted emergency power's under the plan to do testing in house to get faster numbers.( Also take's stress off the cdc lab's)

Also someone was talking about hospital's being overwhelmed. The pandemic plan's require each state to have alternate site's set up. If in the case hospital's become overwhelmed; They would call in medical personel from all fields to help run them. While recruting person's to help with basic care or handing out medicine etc.

Also talked to my bro in law he said the coast guard base is still lit up like vegas at night and there is alot of activity going on all the time now. Being that the govenor of California delcared a state of emergency I am not surprised. BUT the place got lit up almost month ago, so somebody knew something back around the first week of April.
The thing I found odd is that we always see the coast guard guys in town picking stuff up etc when we go shopping. I haven't seen one anywhere in the last 2 weeks. Nore have I seen the white cargo type van's they use to cart them around.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yes but only 12 of the 200 have been confirmed to have Swine Flu...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

There is no April 31st, It's May 1st

I'm not telling Porkies honnest

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You say : DHS says this swine flu is a good test for the next one that is coming?

When/where was this said then ?

It may be mild or not but either way the infection rate seems to be the main concern. If and when this goes on to infect millions the hospitals won't be able to deal with it and many would die through not getting any kind of health care. Then there are numerous comments coming forth from Dr's, nurses , someone from Fema etc alluding to the problem being worse than what's been made public, with some individuals needing help to breathe etc and others dying and this is outside of Mexico...

So if the infection rate keeps up it could get really bad in various ways and certainly millions would die in that event as there would be no health care for so many which is taken for granted when things are "normal"...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This was on cnn about 5min ago

the us deployed national gard true the us to protect
stock pile of vaccine

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
GOOD NEWS!

Lipoxen and Cambridge Biostability present positive data for flu vaccine

Lipoxen, a biopharmaceutical company, and Cambridge Biostability, or CBL, a developer of temperature-stable vaccines and biopharmaceuticals, have achieved positive preclinical results for the delivery of an enhanced influenza vaccine based on the combination of Lipoxen's vaccine delivery system 'ImuXen' and CBL's proprietary VitRIS stabilization platform.

The study results show that ImuXen increases the effectiveness of influenza vaccine materials by approximately 30-fold, said Lipoxen. In addition, the VitRIS formulation reportedly enhances the efficacy of the vaccine a further four-fold. As a combined product, the VitRIS-preserved ImuXen formulation has the potential to achieve a projected 10-fold advantage in vaccine production rates, addressing the greatest potential need for seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines for existing and newly emerged flu viruses, the two companies said.

drugdiscovery.pharmaceutical-business-review.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The director said that on one of her first news conferences........

She even chuckled......

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
AFP: Hong Kong quarantines a hotel in which its confirmed case came into contact with the human population.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Denmark

First Confirmed Case.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Mexico said the situation was stabilizing, however...

Mexico, Querétaro: 52 Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported #swineflu
half a minute ago from web

Another 52.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I just thought about something, Idontknow if its been mentioned inthis thread already, it probably has, but Ima write it anyways.
The Fema coffins. You think maybe this is what they were planningonusing them for? Putpeople in the camps when this thing gets out of control, and stick all the dead bodies in those coffins. hmm.
but hey maybe they are just for decoration.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Peru: Six suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases nationwide; Lima Department (4), Ayachucho Department (1), and Loreto Department (1). #swineflu
less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just a note on all these "probable" vs "confirmed" test results.

For a test to be "probable" the rapid flu nasal swab has to indicate a positive for type A or B or A+B flu.

If that's true the test is shipped out to a state lab or the CDC so they can verify if it is swine or human variety and if the strain matches the Mexico epidemic.

For there to be thousands if not more "probable" test positives indicates people are testing positive for another strain of flu and this being after the seasonal flu time period has passed.

Once again, the data just does not make sense vs the well known and proven models. At this point, anyone testing positive for flu should have a very high chance of testing positive for the MX Swine strain. The ratio just doesn't make sense.

The intel that cases and positives and so on are being suppressed matches what we're seeing in this anomaly. A move to level 6 also matches that intel.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
More Bay Area Swine Flu Cases, School Closures
The number of confirmed or probable swine flu cases in the Bay Area rose to over a dozen on Thursday, with the latest reported in San Francisco, Solano, San Mateo and Alameda counties, according to health officials. Meanwhile, six Bay Area schools were now shuttered due to the outbreak and local hospitals set up temporary facilites to handle any influx of patients.

The San Francisco Department of Public Health announced Thursday that a local boy who recently traveled to Mexico had contracted the virus. Health officials said the boy was not in school.

In Solano County, authorities said a 50-year-old Vacaville man likely has the virus, while two other new probable cases were reported by health officials in San Mateo County — afflicting a 46-year-old woman and a 50-year-old man.

None of those three persons had traveled to Mexico, their cases were considered mild and the victims were recovering, officials said.

In Alameda County, the Public Health Department had sent about 70 specimens to the state lab for testing, and indicated on Thursday evening that one of those cases was probable for swine flu.
cbs5.com...

Thing's are starting to get reported more here it seems.With a lot more case's popping up in a more widespread pattern too.(Northern California by the way.)
We are supposed to go to a conference in San Jose on the 21 and it may be canceled over all the flu going on down there now.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh dear, Mexico needs a new Health Minister after claiming the problem was stabilizing...

Mexico, Tabasco: First suspected cases of influenza A (H1N1) in the state; total under investigation is 156. #swineflu
2 minutes ago from web

In total, that's another 200 cases occurring in Mexico today.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
another sig. thing thats happened during this swine flu scare is sen. arlen specter switching parties giving the dems the 60 seats they need for total majority in the senate. now obama is free to pass whatever he wants to :\

[edit on 1-5-2009 by TheCoffinman]

new topics

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join