It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I just wanted to join in and say that i am lying low, not knowing what in the heck is really going on, we may be being prepped for something bigger, or this could be the real thing. I have no idea.
I am not panicking but i do have the masks ready. Plenty of dissinfectant and only going to wide open places. Iam not wearing the mask yet
only because i would look crazy at this point.

Lets hope this all blows over

Keeping fingers crossed xoxoxoxo

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I wonder how many people in the US have died from regular flu in the last week?........it should be many hundreds going on the annual stats but i dont see a panic about them

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrabbit1
I think its all looking like a huge over reaction now, it may be spreading but its all looking like its just a normal flu. No signs of any nasties in the genetics.

It may still be a pandemic in the technical sence but i think the run for the hills attitude my be over stated!

I have a cold coming on today, slight temperature, bad throat and streaming nose. BUT as the weather is improving in the UK and most of europe im putting it down to a plain old summer cold, even though we are havinh human to human contact.

Yeah! as it is now! let us hope that this is the case!

The most scary part is that this virus could function as a bridge for something more nasty down the line - september/October

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

This thread grows so fast I hate to make replies to something so far back, but that video was chilling! All I could think was how terrible humanity has become. It seems we have such tidy methods of killing each other now, how safe do you feel now? Not very!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
US, Texas, Corpus Christi: Coast Guard Crew Member Tests Positive for Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu #H1N1
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Mexico: Bridgestone shuts four manufacturing facilities until 5 May due to influenza A(H1N1). #swineflu
3 minutes ago from web

New Zealand: Fourth influenza A(H1N1) case confirmed in a passenger on the same flight as the Rangitoto school group. #swineflu #H1N1
11 minutes ago from web

US, Pennsylvania: Philadelphia County Reports Two Probable Cases of Influenza A (H1N1); Four Probable Cases in the State #swineflu
13 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In theory, this could also be a dry run test for something far more virulent and deadly planned for the future ?

But then, that is a little far fetched

I am intrigued about the whole deaths in Mexico situation...why only Mexico? Even just taking the confirmed deaths caused by H1N1....and none outside. I know people are saying that it is because Mexicans don't go to the docs at first signs of illness, but then neither do a lot of others in a lot of countries due to the costs involved.
I don't go the docs every time I get cold or flu....simply because it costs me a certain amount to see my doc.

Others are saying this is a milder version of the Mexican virus, how did it mutate into a less dangerous form so quickly?

It feels like an engineered virus with a shelf life, designed to test reactions and speed of infection, then die off......

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Why don't you repost the video so we can see........I have been off this thread since yesterday evening fight the bug.......all better now though

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i hope this helps

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
H1N1 Outbreak

Spain, Mexico and the United States confirm human-to-human transmission. Europe could be added to the human transmission later by the WHO - may result in Level 6

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Viruses do naturaly mutate to less virulent strains. They are purely interested in the most efficient way of multiplying and spreading. Its pure survival for them

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Hong Kong, Denmark reports of its first swine flu case!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Can you source this Laura?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
BREAKING NEWS: Hong Kong reports of its first swine flu case!

Hope that doesn't end up being a really bad thing

Infinate: I heard it on BBC News

[edit on 1-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
In theory, this could also be a dry run test for something far more virulent and deadly planned for the future ?

But then, that is a little far fetched

i;m taking mental notes of things im picking up from the news and back tracking months before this ''pandemic'' started..

As of right now i see a level 5-6 pandemic,no PSA announcments and the news and doctors telling me its nothing to worry about..I'm starting to put 2 and 2 together..wasnt there a pandemic training exercise scheduled for the near future?

if this is the far fetched case...well I for one will be getting the best lawyer known to man..lol

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Mexico: Health Minister Claims Mexico is “Entering a Period of Stabilization” #swineflu #H1N1
less than a minute ago from web

Mexico City: Two New Fatal Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed #swine flu #H1N1
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Canada is now listed as "human-to-human" transmission country.

Spain: Health officials announce 15 new suspected influenza A (H1N1) cases; total reaches 116 nationwide. #swineflu
less than 20 seconds ago from web

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Denmark has it's first case of Swine Flu confirmed

Heard this on BBC News, who got the information from Reuters

[edit on 1-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Im watching Sky News plus the BBC News, going by what is comming up on the screens, on both channels it has come up through Reuters and AFP:

Will post source as soon as I get it.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Has anyone else notice an interesting pattern.

2PM (GMT), for the last three days, the number of reported cases has inundated the media wires.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Funny I have noticed this Infinite, just before there is any press conferences or WHO conferences. Is that the time for Scientists Labs to come out with thier test results?

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join