It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
quite strange to be relying on a committee meeting called after a venomous snake

Respects

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanks for that guys.

So they are meeting to discuss a possible national emergency and the WHO raised thier pandemic to level 5. Yet state they don't want us to panic.

I'm not panicing much as yet, but to anyone who actually watched the WHO conference, it didn't actually do much to stem any panic anyone maybe feeling.

So much conflicfting eveidence at the moment, it's hard to follow what's going on and what's not. Who's to say the WHO are not downplaying the situation in regards to the Mexico infected and deaths?

My brainbox hurts, i'm going out for a walk

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
#Netherlands confirm first case of swine flu in todler; 19 million flu medication ordered.
half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

We have been informed by the local health authority to prepare for a "shut down" in the event of a pandemic or mass break out in my city of residence.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For your information...the RSOE EDIS pandemic alert map is now disclosing up to date figures on their bottom screen ticker.

This consistes of country...no of infected (Suspected)...no of infected (Confirmed) ...no of dead and no of quarantined.

This seems to my calculations to be the most reliable allert map and is used by many UK independent care organisations.

link
www.idemc.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
question
if there is a lockdown in the uk ( whole )
at what time scale would there be a complete blackout from the media, i mean if everyone is advised to say indoors the news teams are going to do that same are they not ? no tv no radio ? is this posible ?
and at what point does the man at scottish power / british gas stop pressing the button to stop supplying us power ?

anyone ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

Emergency broadcasting would be implemented, but we are a significant distant from anything like the scenarios you are talking about.

Reporting of you UK cases are already restricted, that is why the UK government refuses to name a total of suspected cases.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Emergency broadcasting would be implemented, but we are a significant distant from anything like the scenarios you are talking about.

Reporting of you UK cases are already restricted, that is why the UK government refuses to name a total of suspected cases.

Well i just watched BBC news before and the ticker at the bottom said 80 suspected cases.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It is not the exact figure.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
from a uk pov the way im looking at it is
if they cant get info right when it comes to terror raids and that with good motives yet with nothing comming out of it, this is going to blow them away.
personally im using this exact site as my news source ! that may be different if my wife wasnt hooked on americas next top model on tv ! lol sorry

[edit on 30-4-2009 by binkatonka]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I still can't believe that flights are still operational to and from Mexico...this is crazy!!

Why haven't WHO shut down Mexico?

Why is there no quarantine for everyone returning from Mexico?

Why are people still allowed to enter and leave Mexico freely?
Sky News

CRAZY....."British Airways is continuing to operate flights into Mexico"

UNREAL...."World-famous archeological sites across the country have also been shut down, leading to disappointment for tourists hoping to continue their trip as normal."

Am I reading this right? People want to continue their holiday as normal??

Do "they" want a pandemic?

What am I missing here???

I am sitting here in total shock at the lack of proper procedure, and the lack of procedure being initiated for a level 5.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

unfortunatly alot of the human race are stupid !

i also thing money is playing a BIG part in this with the economy being the way it is, money will drive it to keep going

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I fully agree with you. It's a crime that Mexico wasn't isolated.
The idiots in charge of this .. the world leaders AND Washington's leaders
(the Obama administration) .. they are all morons.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

What's the problem? It's flu, big woop. Your buying into the media hype. Almost all those who have died have come from mexico where healthcare sucks arse and people are not exactly the paragon of health anyway..

Anyone elsewhere just has "mild" symptoms.

I had a real bad flu last year where I was 100F+ for 2 days, had aches, pains and a fierce cough for a week. I didn't even go to the doctor, self-medicated on painkillers and even managed to take the kids bowling. Did I die? Evidentally not, I was just a bit poorly for a few days.

What's the freaking fuss about?

[edit on 30/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

i think its becuase it spreading so fast, and there is no end in sight, that may be what the fuss is about, and the fact they dont really know alot about it

sounds like a very bad case of man flu that u had

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Normal flu is all over the world and kills tens of thousands every year. What's the big deal with this one? It can be treated successfully with Tamiflu if necessary. The fatality rate appears to be bloody low, only 200 odd deaths out of thousands infected, and all those deaths in a piss-poor country, bar the one kid in the US who was Mexican anyway.

My work is freaking out as someone has apparently gone ill in Birmingham with it (not sure how true that is) and now we're rushing to cover people as we might have to quarantine everyone in Brum.... Crazy....

EDIT: yes, my missus only believed I was ill when she took my temp, citing the infamous "Man-Flu"...

[edit on 30/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I see what you are saying friend, however I am confused as to why the panic by WHO to raise to level 5 "Pandemic Imminent" if it is just normal flu?

Why are all the major world governments getting their knickers in a twist over this?

We are missing something here, and not being told what this really is, otherwise there would be no panic......

It just doesn't sit right with me. If we are heading for a pandemic, then at the very least, standard procedure would be to contain the outbreak, such as canceling flights to ground zero, quarantining anyone coming out of ground zero.....simple actions that could vastly slow down the spread.

Why are they not doing that?

And if it is the basic flu like you say, then why all the mass panic, panic fed by the WHO?

edit to add: it was the WHO themselves said something along the lines of the whole of humanity is under threat.
Why add to the hysteria????

[edit on 30-4-2009 by celticniall]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I couldn't say if this was posted here before but I found a link to State by State Pandemic action plans I'm still reading through my own states plans but you might want to look up your own as a heads up to what you might be in store for.
THis same link is also posted on my thread on New Mexico's action plan

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
We still have no information on the suspected cases in Western NY, this is the third day now and I am hoping they let us know something soon.

I am not too pleased that I have to leave the house, ride 4 buses today and of all places I have to go to the local Social Security Office. I hate going there in the best of circumstance and in the middle of this, well you know.

Once I get my money tomorrow and head out for the store first thing in the morning, no more public anything until we get some information about what is going on with local cases.

I know that many of us have a spiritual side here, it matters not to me what a persons beliefs are, prayer is powerful. I join all of you and am praying for the safety of the people, that our leaders will use wisdom in dealing with this, and that we the public will be told the truth. For those of you sick or with loved ones who are sick my heart and love are with you. red

edit: Oh great, VP Biden just said that he would not even get on public transportation, how reassuring as I head out for the bus!

[edit on 4/30/2009 by redhead57]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The 3 year old child in the netherlands with swine flu is confirmed by the dutch authorities.

[edit on 30/4/09 by Dutch_Girl]

new topics

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join