It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Guess we're waiting for lab results in Florida...

Florida Angle

In Florida, health laboratories are analyzing 80 samples from patients across the state worried that they might have swine flu, health officials from Miami-Dade County said.

The director of the Orange County Health Department, Dr. Kevin Sherin, said Wednesday that no new information was available about the testing of swabs taken from local patients who exhibited flulike symptoms. He could not say whether additional information expected today from the state Health Department would confirm whether the cases are swine flu.

Florida Hospital officials Tuesday said a nasal swab from an Orlando patient with flulike symptoms was sent to state labs. That person, who visited Walt Disney World earlier this week, had either recently traveled to Mexico or had close contact with someone from Mexico. This met the criteria that Health Department officials established for high-risk patients.

if we only get 1 case out of the 80 suspected cases to get me really worried, 80 suspected cases though is alarming in itself...especially since Florida is business as usual.

(edited because I forget to type words early in the morning
)

[edit on 4-30-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Update:

41 cleared in Scotland
27 pending tests (19 are travellers to infected countries)
1 is a probable case (Glasgow)

[edit on 30-4-2009 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
To be honest i have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.

Some people say its really bad, some say its just the same as any normal flu, others say Obama should have sent the A-Team to Mexico straight away....i don't know.

But i read about the flu pandemic of 1918-1919 last night. It said the first wave was in the spring and was mild and nobody took much notice of it. Then it came back in August and was worse and killed millions. Also there was something about pneumonia.....didn't somebody have pneumonia in regards to one of these flu cases today? I am sure i remember reading a post like that. Anyway.....make of that what you will.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

i agree with you here, on the who site phazes (post pandemic phaze) it states that this swine flu may come in several waves over several months.
at presnt swine flu is acting like the first wave of 1918, we will not know if its going to be a major killer for a while yet.
just going to have to watch it spread for now

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
How to Track Swine Flu Online
mashable.com...

Openflu
openflu.dyndns.org...

NHS Unlocked
www.nhsunlocked.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by skitzspiricy

We have been informed by the local health authority to prepare for a "shut down" in the event of a pandemic or mass break out in my city of residence.

Ok, my panic-o-meter just notched up a bit more.

Is this a test or is it the real deal baby!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall

What am I missing here???

That shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted is pointless?

I am sitting here in total shock at the lack of proper procedure, and the lack of procedure being initiated for a level 5. [/ quote]

Are you an expert in these processes and procedures?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Clearly you didn't have the flu as you would have done none of those things

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

I agree with you hundred % ... This is crazy. I thnk lady in WHO can cry for closing borders, but our puppets will follow their true leaders: Banksters.

In our country news are very silenced... Phase 5 is just a small news!
((

Latest from Reuters alertnet:

Mexico in economic shutdown; flu pandemic imminent

* Mexican president asks citizens to stay home May 1-5

* WHO says flu pandemic imminent

* Cases confirmed in 12 countries

* World stock markets shrug off latest flu developments

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hello, newbie here.

Does anyone have any links to personal reporting of these events?

For example, the blog/twitter/posts of an actual flu victim, an emergency room doctor/nurse, a member of the military, a person in Mexico City or Mexico, or even a member of a health organization (WHO/CDC/etc.)?

What I'm looking for is more sources like the Mexican doctors posts on BBC from a few days ago.

I know this forum is in the spirit of fact reporting only, but I think the eyewitness accounts would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

Maybe something like this?

search.twitter.com...

Nice "handle"

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
For there to be a Level Six, another country has to report human-to-human transmission - Spain has and the WHO is investigating the claims.

But it will take few days before the WHO holds another session, unless pandemonium prevails.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

I disagree.....the infection is spreading, and if the borders and flights had been stopped 2 days ago, and all visitors to Mexico along with all their contacts had been tracked down and quarantined, maybe it would start to slow down.

By doing nothing, it is allowing the virus free reign across the world.....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In the spirit of keeping this thread bit lighter and less pessimistic:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Clearly I just got on with things and I'm made of tougher stuff than those that would mope about. How can you sit there and say I didn't have the flu, you don't even know me? I've had it several times in my life, thankyou very much. I know it was the flu as my partner caught it after me and did go to the doctor, who said "You have flu, go home and rest".

As an update on the frenzy that is "Swine Flu", my manager has just gave everyone in the NOC Antibacterial gel to wash our hands and sprays for the phones and keyboards..

Ignoring the fact that Flu is a Virus, but hey ho....

[edit on 30/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
HEADLINES - todays 'News Journal' - Wilmington DE

Swine Flu Cases Jump to 10 at University of Delaware.

... and yet it's not on the national TV news ...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I disagree.....the infection is spreading, and if the borders and flights had been stopped 2 days ago, and all visitors to Mexico along with all their contacts had been tracked down and quarantined, maybe it would start to slow down.

By doing nothing, it is allowing the virus free reign across the world.....

That is your opinion, the WHO think you're wrong and frankly, so do it.

Once the virus is out in the "wild" it is uncontrollable.

Say one person got back a day before your ban but he/she was infectious.

Everyone that person came into contact with is liable to be carrying the virus. This means they are also able to transmit it to others. Those people then become infected and transmit the disease and so on and so forth.

Had they known about this on day 0 and isolated the first victim it might just have been possible but they didn't know and now we have to look at this growing exponentionally.

Further, closing down the global economy at a time such as this will be significantly damaging and whether we as individuals believe in the economic system that exists or not, we cannot afford to do so unless it is the most extreme situation.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Rubbish.

People with flu are in bed for days or more on end, do not wake and are totally "out of it" when they are awake.

Lets face it mate, you and the Mrs had a cold. We've all had colds, some very severe but flu is a different kettle of fish altogether.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

I like your post

I'm personally surprised that in this media run society that we are hearing very little, if not anything from any confirmed cases, especially ones with 'alleged' mild flu like symptoms (please corect me if i'm wrong).

We seem to be only hearing from the MSM and Government Authorities.

Where are the interviews with these cases from reporters, radio call in's, on-line posted blogs from sites like Twitter, word of mouth from families and freinds, interviews from Dr's? Are these confirmed or probable suspected cases being silenced

Something to ponder perhaps

[edit on 30-4-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Yawn, click his head.. This is what I awoke too..

Any new news?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Adrifter]

new topics

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join