It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Anyone who's a doctor or nurse...

My fiancee had a cold last week. Congestion, sore throat, coughing up mucus, sneezing, fatigue. She didn't have a fever or body aches but she was sleeping a lot.

This week she has a chest problem right between her breasts. It hurts for her to do anything, and even sleeping hurts her chest. She can't find a comfortable position. She was in a car accident last week and the seatbelt did leave bruising on her breast but there is no bruising on the sternum. She's had chest x-rays and everything looks fine.

Is this a symptom of swine flu? If so, she's already over it except the chest problem.

I had her take some collodial silver today, so we'll see how that works.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It is incredible that borders have not been closed, flights stopped, and anyone that has been to Mexico, symptoms or not, have not been quanantined immediately.

There is something that is not sitting right with me.

If humanity is under threat, why are these things not happening/have happened already??

I again ask, why have borders not been sealed?

Why have all visitors to Mexico around the world not been quarantined as a priority?

We are at a level 5 for crying out loud...."Pandemic Imminent"

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

I'm not a doctor by any means, but this sounds like they pulled/strained a small muscle in their chest while coughing......very common.
Go get it checked out if at all worried...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

hey mate... hope everything is ok.

I too am feeling pretty ruff.
Started the night before last...just with a slight blocked nose.

Now i have a mild ear-ache in right ear, bad head, sore throat and slightly achy... I'm sure i'm being paranoid... but am slightly worried.

Add it to my asthma....and if i do have this thing....then

But I'm not panicking too much.... just feeling a little ruff.
I turned down going out last night cos i didn't feel up to it.

I'll see how it goes.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
USA

Houston ISD is closing Harvard Elementary School and Hamilton Middle School indefinitely after two suspected cases of swine flu

Gov. Phil Bredesen said on Wednesday evening that Tennessee has an unconfirmed case of swine flu.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE !!!!!!!

STOP FLIGHTS TO AND OUT OF MEXICO AND POSSIBLY THE USA AND CANADA !

SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I AM SHOUTING !!

SMR

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

It could be Costochondritis which I have had and it hurts!
Took about 3 months to heal.I got it by always stretching and 'cracking' my sternum.Just a bad habit of mine.I like the 'pop' I guess.

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. The condition causes localized chest pain that you can reproduce by pushing on the cartilage in the front of your ribcage. Costochondritis is a relatively harmless condition and usually goes away without treatment. The cause is usually unknown.

READ MORE HERE

Seeing the other symptoms though, keep an eye on it.Too many hesitate when it comes to colds.Far too many are scared to go to the hospital in fear of bad news.This is NOT one of those times.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i'm still alittle nervous about going to work tomorrow with my boss who's spent the last week in mexico...
i'm losing sleep over it...!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sitara

Only thing you can do.. is either not go.. or just make sure you wash your hands all the time at work, Don't get near those who sneeze and if you do start to feel sick get medical help right away...

SMR

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sitara

Just go and keep an eye on him.
The second he sniffs or coughs, run to the hills !

Seriously.Just be aware of everyone around you.Don't let people get up in your face to talk to you.Wash your hands and just don't shake hands with anyone.Do the fist bump like Howie Mandel does

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hey bud, I think in some of our case, ie those who frequent these sites and are using them for updated info, yea...we might be feeling symptomatic illness due to the stress of the reading.

Keep calm, monitor closely and take advice at a time before you would normally ask for it.

I feel ok today, probably due to my worry about my wife being all Im concentrating on. Lets all be there for each other just now. have a moan and gripe if needed and remember the rooster.

respects

[edit on 30-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Lol just a thought, you could wear some really horrible smell like a real yukky aftershave or perfume!

That will keep people at a distance

[edit on 30-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I have a question -

Say it does go like 1918 and we stay home and ride it out. Well are we safe if we go into our back garden to sunbathe or whatever, not wearing a mask or anything else ? I'm not sure how "airborne" airborne really is if you know what I mean...we have neighbours either side with gardens, so what if they are out in their garden and we our out next door in ours and one of them has been slack and unknowingly has the virus....can the virus reach us from "over the fence" so to speak, without even having been next to them ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i spoke with my wife in bed last night, and asked her at what point would she not go to work, when one person dies in the uk she said.
what rights do uk workers have ? i mena i call my boss tomorrow and say im not comming in " why " i dont wanna get this flu, were would i stand ?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Good question
..I am under the impression from readin various bits of info, that the word airborn, in this case represents the distance from a cough or sneeze that would mean you were out of range??

I stand to be corrected, feel free.

respects

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

From what im aware, the human to human spread you have to be about 6ft apart in order not to get it from another person,

Only thing would be to wash your hands if you touch the dividing fence,

What we do need to remember though is this may come in waves, October times could see this come back deadly... when the normal flu season starts and this Swine flu starts mixing, that's what happened with the "Spanish Flu" it was the 2nd wave that was the big problem,

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

You would not have a leg to stand on right now, the only way you could use that is if someone at your work came down with it, Then you would have some rights,

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Now this question I can answer Uk wise... Employers have info regarding safegaurding their business or workforce. Many will advise people to work from home as its better to have some output than none at all.

or, there will be a specific employee with duties that may be the only employee on site.

Also, your employer will have a contingency plan to meet any pandemic situations. If they dont, they should have.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There has been a case near a school near me (Canterbury). A teacher at a local school is being tested - she didn't go to Mexico.

The local health authority in Kent has informed workers "not to attended work if flu symptoms are present."

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Now this question I can answer Uk wise... Employers have info regarding safegaurding their business or workforce. Many will advise people to work from home as its better to have some output than none at all.

or, there will be a specific employee with duties that may be the only employee on site.

Also, your employer will have a contingency plan to meet any pandemic situations. If they dont, they should have.

this is the company i mentioned a couple of pages back, when i asked my Heath and Safety rep about foreign nationals visiting the site not being allowed on site because of infection, he laughed in my face and said " because of this chicken flu " all my company are interested in H & S wise is are you wearing your safety goggles and put barriers up around you if the floors are open, they will not have a plan in place !

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join