It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Managed to get through to the NHS helpline, its a press a button for this, press a button for that. The long and short of it is, the recording tells you two stay in, drink plenty and if any worse (breathing, chest problems) in 48 hours call back !!!!!!

That my friends is what we are depending on to get us through this !!!!
respects

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Can you guys imagine if the virus hits Africa?
That would be a disgrace.

SMR

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I think you may have taken my post a little wrong.
I was trying to explain all the 'hype' he was not seeing.I was explaining the 'what ifs'.
The whole 'airborne' thing wasn't well said I know but again, it was a what if on any level of virus I was trying to explain.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Managed to get through to the NHS helpline, its a press a button for this, press a button for that. The long and short of it is, the recording tells you two stay in, drink plenty and if any worse (breathing, chest problems) in 48 hours call back !!!!!!

That my friends is what we are depending on to get us through this !!!!
respects

Hello,
I'm a nurse in the U.S. YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY!!! PLEASE LISTEN YOU MUST NOT WAIT FOR 48 HOURS!!! THIS IS WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!! This is really her best chance at beating this thing. The antivirals can work but they need to be given ASAP.WITHIN the first 24 HOURS!!!! PLease U2U me for more info.

Pax

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

I think you may have taken my post a little wrong.
I was trying to explain all the 'hype' he was not seeing.I was explaining the 'what ifs'.
The whole 'airborne' thing wasn't well said I know but again, it was a what if on any level of virus I was trying to explain.

My deepest apologies. You are so right, I misunderstood what you were saying.
Upon re-reading it, I completely understand your point. Thank you for being so gracious in bringing that to my attention. You don't see that everyday on here.

Pax

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
6 possible swine flu cases in WA, 3 in Seattle

Wonder how many hours before cases are confirmed in all 50 States...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I'm sorry, I hope she feels better, and real soon at that.

That's how it started with both of my parents. It was one of those things that hit them overnight. Right now they are both very sick, but they've been tested (which could take another four days) and given some meds, so hopefully it's just a bad cold and the doctors are just being cautious.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Thanks for you advice. I have contacted my friend who is a doctor. he is on his way to see her now.. appreciated

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
On a lighter note I just found this on the sky news website

The statue of Diana wears a surgical mask in Acapulco April 29, 2009. The World Health Organization said on Wednesday the world is at the brink of a pandemic, raising its threat level as the swine flu virus spread and killed the first person outside of Mexico, a toddler in Texas. REUTERS

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
2 probable cases in Denton County, TX. Happend a few hours ago.

Denton County health officials reported two probable cases of the swine flu virus Wednesday.

Denton Record Chronicle

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I am too worried to go to bed without making sure you see this.

SHE NEEDS TO BE IN A HOSPITAL NOW!!!

Watch for these symptoms.

1. fever above 103
2. change in level of consciousness
3. listless This is much more than just tired.
4. Please be aware breathing patterns can change very quickly!!

Call an ambulance if she is struggling to move air. labored breathing at more than 24 breaths per minute.
Audible breathing or actually seeing her chest heave up and down.
breaths less than 10 per minute.
Any complaint of feeling like she can't catch her breath, or that her throat hurts too much to swallow.

complaint of throat closing up.

coughing to the point of vomiting or choking

lips turning blue

numbness in her extremities[due to the fact of hyperventilation from
struggling to breathe]

ANY One OF THESE IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL AN AMBULANCE OR GET HER TO THE NEAREST ER

I am keeping you both in my prayers
Pax

SMR

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

No need to apologize

In times like this I think we all get a little ahead of ourselves and type too fast and sometimes the hands try to catch up with the mind.A lot of times I only type half of what I am trying to say in my head

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I thank you again, but think you have miss read my post. She does not have chest or breathing problems at this moment. My earlier post was stressing that the helpline was stating that you should watch for chest or breathing problems and call back if they develop during the next 48 hours.

My friend (Doctor)has just left after visiting her. He has given her meds..anti-virals ant anti biotics due to her throat infection and will call back in the afternoon to see how she is and take a throat swab if he feels it appropriate.

Thanks again for your obvious concern, I will keep you updated with any developments.

A star and bunch of flowers for you

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Thanks for you advice. I have contacted my friend who is a doctor. he is on his way to see her now.. appreciated

No problem, I am so relieved!! Please keep us posted. I wish the both of you the best during this uncertain time. Disregard the blank u2u i sent by mistake.

Sincerely,
Pax

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
yesterday i got in touch with an old friend i used to knowck about with then i was in school. ive not seen him for 10ish years. he is now a microbiologist in london and from what his parents tell me when i bump into them he is doing very well.
so i call his dad and he gives me his number, so i txt him, ask how he is etc etc.
he gets back to be 24hrs later saying hello etc etc good to hear from you, and he is back up to visit parents in 3weeks when he returns from dubai.
so i get to ask him what are his views on the virus ( not talking to him, im txting sms'ing ). to my amazement he replies " is it chicken pox or shingles ? " hmmm no the flu virus i reply. he said he knew nothing about it ( must not watch tv or something ) but he must of gone on internet or something and replied this to me. my question was, is ther anything i should worry about

" no! these is nothing to worry about unless you are in or have been to mexico, there are cases in the us, canada, nz, and other european countries but they were only mild symptoms, the death from the swine flu in mexico were i think people who were drug addicts or had underlying health issues so their immune systems were already weak. it will end up being like sars, a big panic but wont last long "

SMR

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Too much opinion in that message.
These are healthy people and children getting sick and dying.
Not one report ( not that they would include it ) has indicated health or drug issues.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

i know, im just passing on what he said to me

[edit on 30-4-2009 by binkatonka]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Sorry...I think you misunderstood my post. Did you read the Veratect link?

The flu broke out in February in La Gloria. What I meant was that it incubated and spread relatively slowly up until Easter, then positvely exploded. Read the timeline, it's pretty obvious what happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Possible, repeat possible swine flu death in San Diego:

www.10news.com...

County has declared a state of emergency.

No further details available right now.

Tamiflu sent to clinic where there are 3 suspected cases:

www.10news.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by apacheman]

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join