It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
No panic here in "Leeds"

Did anyone watch the Sky News Broascast from Paignton, Devon this morning. It was a total mess, it was almost as if they didn't get much time to practice what they were told to say. There was the head of the school, the mayor or Torbay and some health official. They were all talking over one another and the mayor had to step in a few times to get the point across.

I don't trust one thing coming out of the media at the moment, I certainly don't trust Sky News all they have done this year is boost there huge egos. I get far more accurate information on here, so how the hell do Sky News keep winning these awards.

I'm sick of there stupid smiley faces sat in there studio why the rest of the world takes the crap.

Sorry Rant over

[edit on 30-4-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
#FABIUS, N.Y. (AP) - A central NY school is closing for 2 days after preliminary testing showed a female student had contracted swine flu.
about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is interesting to me:

VeratectPeru: First confirmed swine influenza case is a woman removed from a flight originating in California; made emergency landing. #swineflu

about 1 hour ago from web

Is this the pilot's decision or have airlines been told to land planes if there are any signs of the flu onboard?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Britain will see "many, many more cases" of swine flu but most of those affected will recover, the government's chief medical adviser has said.

Sir Liam told BBC Breakfast: "What we will see is many, many more cases, and inevitably some serious cases - but on the whole people make a good recovery from flu."

It was impossible to predict how many deaths there could be in the UK until more was known about the strain of the swine flu virus, he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Britain will see "many, many more cases" of swine flu but most of those affected will recover, the government's chief medical adviser has said

How can anyone make this statement, oh yea thats why "They know a hell of a lot more than we do" and to say "but most of those affected will recover" is just stupid how can they know that after following with "It was impossible to predict how many deaths there could be in the UK until more was known about the strain of the swine flu virus, he said". All they are going to do it pump false hope into people, false hope that will leave people stood around scratching their head why this ourbreak unfolds.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
One case confirmed in Holland. A three year old child who had been on holiday to Mexico with the parents. Child is doing well and will make a full recovery.

www.nu.nl...

[edit on 30/4/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Before my brain truly does explode,I'm trying to figure out why the "Today" show is only interested in Miz USA's bewbies and Carla Bruni's nudie pics?

There has been ONE mention of "flu" of either the local news or the national this am...one possible case in San Antonio Texas,17 yr. old girl who will be "interviewed" later today....HUH???

Again,you would think with every shread of remaining sanity that any info people need to stay safe and live comfortably would be getting out there without having to continue digging for it?

I'm getting a bigger mask simply to keep out the stink of it all.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Right, don't get lulled into a false sense of security. We are dealing with the brainchild of madmen here, not some garden variety nature grown nightmare.

I just hope this isn't a precursor event to a much more deadly H5N1 transgenic cocktail that I am certain they already have brewed up should this pandemic not serve their lust for New World Order and chaos.

Personally, be pissed off and treat this like an act of war against your person, your family and your community. It's a bio-weapon.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Good mornin' darlin' !

Now if ya get a bigger mask you might not be able to get close enough to the pole to use it

Sound like it's getting tight down there...

Lora Craft mode is a good thing!

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Two schools are closed today here in Michigan because of students suspected of having the swine flu. One is near Grand Rapids on the west side of the state and one is just south of Detroit.

Edit: I'm at about an 8 today on the 1-10 scale.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Bosko]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

I live near Grand Rapids! Do you know which school it was that closed? I hope this isnt going to be a trend in this area.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ada Vista school in the Forest Hills School District. I think it's just east of Grand Rapids if Google Maps is correct.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Bosko]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Four Milwaukee schools closed indefinitely, at least two that I know of have very high Latino enrollment

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

Wow that is only about 15 minutes from where I live! Thanks for the info! If you hear anything else please post it up or U2U me with the info.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
First case (3 yr old toddler) confirmed in the Netherlands. But nothing on the news here, due to the assault on queens day.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

No problem. I'll keep checking. My little brother goes to school not too far from the other school near Detroit and my office isn't far from it either, so I'm watching the news closely!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Your quite the obnoxious little monkey aren't you. I know the difference between cold and flu, thankyou and do NOT seek approval from a troll like YOU or anyone else as to what YOU THINK I had.

You'd be surprised as to what it takes to get me to lie down and stay in bed. I broke my arm in Feb and it took me 24 hrs to allow my missus to take me to hospital. I actually continued cooking a Sunday lunch and carved a chicken with it in the meantime. But I suppose you don't think I broke my arm either?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Another confirmed swine flu case in Newcastle - Sky News

seems to be at Newcastle University

[edit on 30-4-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
In the USA alone, 36,000 people die from the regular flu season, but remember that is with 70 percent of the population being innoculated against it!!!

This is a brand new virus and no one has immunity to it and it is just out of the bag. It's not going away, although it may slow down during the hot summer months which always happens. As soon as cool weather returns, this virus will be back, and they won't have a vaccine for it yet.

So if 36,000 die in usa WITH vaccine, how many will die without it? That is what people are not realizing. I could hardly find anything about it on national news tv last night. Then I saw this morning that 78 percent of Americans polled don't think they have anything to worry about. The news channels TRIED to make this important but apparently the sheeple weren't interested so they have moved on to what the sheeple DO want to see and hear, their darling Obama.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Well if the geordies (What we call people from Newcastle) don't wipe swine flu off the face of the planet nobody will
they wall around in summer cloths in -15 temperatures "Just for the sake of it"

new topics

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join