It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
#Texas is postponing all high school athletic and academic competitions until May 11 because of swine flu outbreak.
4 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Could be the reporter was just saying that by the definitions of the level, basically we are at 5, not necessarily that it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
for those in Africa:
S.Africa sees continent's first possible swine flu

www.google.com...

and for those of you in NZ:
Big jump in suspected swine flu cases
(from 35 to 96 case)

www.nzherald.co.nz...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by k_sin]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
#BULLETIN -- U.S.-MEXICO BORDER PARTLY CLOSED.
half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

link   
reply to post by captiva

You are absolutely right about this. I just took a short walk to get some lunch and it's a very nice day out here in Charlotte.

link   
reply to post by Kram09

I'm sure that each agency has their own action plan but here is a detailed overview of the one for EMS/911

Suggested 911 and EMS Guidelines based on Pandemic Level Link(PDF)

link   
Oh, just saw this on twitter:

BreakingNewsBULLETIN -- U.S.-MEXICO BORDER PARTLY CLOSED.

Oh, really?

edit: Again, I am too slow~

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by k_sin
for those in Africa:
S.Africa sees continent's first possible swine flu

www.google.com...

and for those of you in NZ:
Big jump in suspected swine flu cases
(from 35 to 96 case)

www.nzherald.co.nz...

That is a really bad place for this to hit. With all of the other problems with aids and such it coud be a very bad thing. I hope for the best for everyone!!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Like I have preached in almost every post I make follow the money trail

Novanax, Inc

www.novavax.com...

Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company, creating novel vaccines to address a broad range of infectious diseases worldwide using advanced proprietary virus-like particle (VLP) technology. The Company produces these VLP based, potent, recombinant vaccines utilizing new and efficient manufacturing approaches.

The stock NVAX was trading at $1.00 on April 13 and it shot up $3.00 before the outbreak hit the media........Why? Follow the money trail.

Below is the chart. Update: You will have to upload there symbol NVAX

moneycentral.msn.com... CP=0&PT=5&CE=0&3=0&PeriodType=5&Symbol=NVAX&C9=0&DisplayForm=1

More to follow........

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
For Law Enforcement:

Law Enforcement Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (PDF)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Keep in mind that on the national news last evening, it was reported that in dozens and dozens of suspected cases, no actual testing would take place to confirm swine flu in order not to overload labs.

link   
regarding my last post:

What does a partial closure entail? What does it mean? Does it even matter now?

link   
Heres the border status for the US. Its updated regularly

apps.cbp.gov...

link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Border between Texas and Mexico is now closed.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Was gonna say....they just said full closure is an option.... is it definitely fully closed now?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru

Originally posted by lynn112
Mexican Toddler in U.S. Dies From Swine Flu

I thought this was important regarding the child who died in Houston.

On April 13, the child was admitted to the hospital and then transferred the next day to a hospital in Houston, where he died on Monday. The C.D.C. confirmed that the child was “in fact infected with the swine virus,” on Wednesday, Dr. Persse said.

This child was hospitalized for over two weeks before death. How can we be sure that the same will not hold true for others? That a week from now, maybe two, we won't hear about deaths here because the person fought it off that long?

[edit on 29/4/2009 by lynn112]

The article on MSN said the child also had underlying health problems. So, who knows if he died from swine flu, and not just complications?

Perhaps we should consider that the media reported NO cases there while this child did indeed have the MANBIRDPIG virus the entire time. Only after his death do they admit this.

Makes one consider the possibility that those reporting from Mexico who claim there are more deaths than the MSM is reporting could be correct.

george4title has a channel at YouTube and he does some great on-location reporting. Check out his walk through the San Diego hospital, which was full of hacking and coughing people. Later, George got sick and was vomitting but declared he and a friend would travel to Mexico to get the real story.

I say check out his channel and see what he finds out.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by mkross1983

this says to me that the child brought the killer strain into this country, may have infected who knows how many and where are they now

I don't think the child had any contact with the public in the Houston area. This morning on our local news they said the child was brought into the country and originally arrived in Brownsville. Then the family was brought to Houston via a medical transport so there was no contact with the general public. I haven't heard anything about where the parents of the child are now though. I hope they are being closely watched by the doctors...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EDteach

That's interesting. I don't remember seeing this yet. I wonder how many tests they are not performing. This would of course bring the numbers down, possibly a LOT if this a common tactic.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

From my understanding, it is only with Texas - not the full border.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Chiiru

Border between Texas and Mexico is now closed.

Is there a link to this, cause I didn't see anything on the news. If you posted it already, sorry, there are a lot of posts on here lol

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join