It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Or it makes them run to get in line for a vaccine. Not good.

link   
I wanted to point out this thread due to the importance of the information contained about where, when and how this flu evolved.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6210231#pid6210231

link   
reply to post by blupblup

People speculate, even the CDC must be doing some of that. This could account for them thinking it is "X" on one day and "Y" on another....but so far all I've really been hearing is that the strains are the same and that in Mexico it may have been moving about for some weeks prior to having the effects it is having now so that what's going on outside of Mexico is perhaps a case of things being a few weeks behind.......

There must be alot to wade through for the CDC and WHO to try and make proper sense of things and it's still early days so I don't suppose it's that odd to be getting various theories or ideas bandied about

As for the media, they often get their facts mixed up, but realistically it's unlikely for any news outlet or reporter to NEVER make mistakes . It's such a hot topic right now it doesn't surprise me conflicting reports are coming through.

link   
#With now 16 confirmed swine flu cases and others suspected, Texas Governor Rick Perry has declared a disaster proclamation.
half a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
is the alert level now 5? i didnt think it was but the presenter on sky news casually said it was now level 5

Seems to be at 4

www.who.int...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
Mexican Toddler in U.S. Dies From Swine Flu

I thought this was important regarding the child who died in Houston.

On April 13, the child was admitted to the hospital and then transferred the next day to a hospital in Houston, where he died on Monday. The C.D.C. confirmed that the child was “in fact infected with the swine virus,” on Wednesday, Dr. Persse said.

This child was hospitalized for over two weeks before death. How can we be sure that the same will not hold true for others? That a week from now, maybe two, we won't hear about deaths here because the person fought it off that long?

[edit on 29/4/2009 by lynn112]

The article on MSN said the child also had underlying health problems. So, who knows if he died from swine flu, and not just complications?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Is that confirmed? are we at level 5 ?

Respects

Edit to add....If the reporter said we are at level 5 and we are not. RThat is a prime example of media playing this up and not down... remember that please..

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

Originally posted by jonny2410
is the alert level now 5? i didnt think it was but the presenter on sky news casually said it was now level 5

Seems to be at 4

www.who.int...

ahh ok i guess it is still 4 but i imagine by the end of the day it will be 5 or even 6

link   

Originally posted by captiva

Is that confirmed? are we at level 5 ?

Respecst

I don't think that they have upped the level yet. Anywere I have checked it is still Level 4

link   

The WHO were on TV an hour ago and plainly stated that we are "very near" phase 5 but not quite there yet. So another example of perfectly easily the media cock up the facts but it doesn't mean there's always some sinister reason for it, it's just bad reporting often or not

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Can somebody explain to me or give me a link about the specifics of what a level 5 or 6 actualyl means.

Because right now its just a number. It won't mean much to me until it starts affecting my daily life. So what does it mean exactly? Because you're all throwing it around and i am wondering if anyone really knows.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Can somebody explain to me or give me a link about the specifics of what a level 5 or 6 actualyl means.

Because right now its just a number. It won't mean much to me until it starts affecting my daily life. So what does it mean exactly? Because you're all throwing it around and i am wondering if anyone really knows.

www.who.int...

Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

there ya go

link   
Going a walk with the dogs, to clear my head, see the sky and all of the worlds wonders we take for granted here in Scotland. Its always a good idea to walk away for a while.

Respects

link   
reply to post by Chiiru

I understand that, but many people have underlying health problems. My point is, the US is in the early stages of whatever this is & no one can be certain that a week from now, this could be a lot worse than it is today.

I'm not panicing, I'm staying informed so if the time for panic happens, I'll recognize it in time to protect those I love.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i beleive they will hold off on a level 5 until states have the correct operations in place to deal a wave of hysteria,and panic..not saying marshal law or anything but fully stocked hospitals,state police coordinations and the like..Kinda what texas and ca. has put forth with a state of emergency..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Thanks....so basically it just mean they are officially calling it a pandemic?
Or something else, there is some vague sentence there with mitigations and other stuff which doesn't really explain anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Look people don't panic, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.

lmao on this one! Just great! lol Thanks!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Going a walk with the dogs, to clear my head, see the sky and all of the worlds wonders we take for granted here in Scotland. Its always a good idea to walk away for a while.

Respects

Excellent idea. Me too. If nothing else it is of major importance that we keep our stress levels in check. And that IS something we can do for ourselves. Have a good walk.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Let us say that they do raise the pandemic level. Unless people are dead in the streets outside their home, then people won't care.

I am off now, but i'll catch up with this later!

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join