It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Not sure what it entails but I can't help thinking that it is not going to do much now, especially if air traffic is allowed to continue unhindered.

link   
swine flu martial law bill clears Massachusettes senate

www.infowars.com...

link   
reply to post by Kram09

First off when we go to a Pandemic (Level 5)this Pandemic Plan goes into effect

www.hhs.gov...

Second, states begin their plans and responses. If you look at New York's it includes Martial Law.

www.health.state.ny.us...

e. Governor May Order the Organized Militia into Service of the State
Authority: Military Law 6(1) provides that the Governor shall have power, in case of disaster, to order the organized militia into the active service of the State for such period, to such extent, and in such manner as he may deem necessary. Pursuant to Military Law 9, whenever the organized militia is employed under Military Law 6, the Governor may by proclamation declare the county or city in which the troops are serving to be under martial rule, if in the Governor’s judgment the maintenance of law and order will thereby be promoted. Martial rule is subject to the Federal and State Constitutions and is governed by the Code of Military Justice. See Military Law Article VII.

-Kdial1

[edit on 29-4-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For those in North Texas

Cleburne school district in Johnson County TX closed because 4 high school students with probable swine flu. TDH recommended closure of one school but officials decided to close all due to close interaction of students.
star telegram

Good call I say.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is interesting...Is this a new website??

National Preparedness Month.. Sep 2009?? Looks like its a little late to the party

Ready.gov

link   
reply to post by captiva

In memory of the "Gaza Rooster" ...

This thread reminds me very well from time of horrible Gaza Op, and those threads where many members from here came so close friends at the end of those weeks - "Band of Brothers " --- In front of our eyes from Ramattan TV stream --- Who remembers "The Rooster?"
How much hope one rooster made for us in middle of that sorrow - just because he was alive... That lonely rooster, near the TV center and ATS together - those made us one... Yep - those were long days and weeks for many of us.

This is not Gaza Op, happening far away from our homes or offices - but now we all are in battlefield, under attack by "those invisible drones". Maybe we are in biowar, cant say in this moment, but this time battle is very different... We are all in sight.

Threads which are mixxed with motions, and plenty of breaking news - we all get our weak moments, lots of confusing information, and sometimes after long time being straight, we need to push out our feelings too - its natural - And I think that in this highly sophisticated forum, thanks to all friends and members - we can do that freely, without a consern that our feelings or motions, believes are straight and wrongly condemned by others.

"In this crazy world, without borders in ATS - We can be - and at time to time, we are one."

Just thoughts
... Back to news sections!

link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

I shall read the Bill

It looks very serious and draconian on first glance.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by blupblup

From my understanding, it is only with Texas - not the full border.

Ahhh ok mate.. I got ya

link   
Clarification:

#BULLETIN -- SKY NEWS RETRACTS ALERT SAYING U.S.-MEXICO BORDER PARTLY CLOSED; REUTERS SAYS CLOSING THE BORDER IS AN OPTION.
less than 20 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

link   
Looks like a big scamola, same crock as Air Force One making a panic scene.

Only 7 swine flu deaths, not 152, says WHO

"Unfortunately that [150-plus deaths] is incorrect information and it does happen, but that's not information that's come from the World Health Organisation," Ms Allan told ABC Radio today.

"That figure is not a figure that's come from the World Health Organisation and, I repeat, the death toll is seven and they are all from Mexico."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Chiiru

Border between Texas and Mexico is now closed.

BULLETIN -- SKY NEWS RETRACTS ALERT SAYING U.S.-MEXICO BORDER PARTLY CLOSED; REUTERS SAYS CLOSING THE BORDER IS AN OPTION.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I do remember the "rooster" and was on that thread from the start.
Until it descended into racist and xenophobic BS...despite my best efforts to keep it civil.

Anyway...yeah.... on with THIS thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
swine flu martial law bill clears Massachusettes senate

www.infowars.com...

looks like the other shoe is wiggling its way from the foot to drop...

not good people..not good

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
This is interesting...Is this a new website??

National Preparedness Month.. Sep 2009?? Looks like its a little late to the party

Ready.gov

I'm surprised. Usually they are very good at "just happening" to run the national preparedness exercises DURING the emergency....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by k_sin

reply to post by Chiiru

Border between Texas and Mexico is now closed.

BULLETIN -- SKY NEWS RETRACTS ALERT SAYING U.S.-MEXICO BORDER PARTLY CLOSED; REUTERS SAYS CLOSING THE BORDER IS AN OPTION.

twitter.com...

I'm beginning to seriously dislike Sky News, what with their 'hiccups' lately -_-

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatthehell?

Im watching the youtube vids, and it looks really really scary.. I mean i dont know what really is going on, is there more behind the scenes? I think so.. And why all the contradiction in the media? Why does it kill so fast in mexico, what reports out of mexico are true? Are they covering up?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
I'm beginning to seriously dislike Sky News

Welcome to my world

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
#Reuters: Texas Governor says closing the US-Mexico border due to swine flu is an option, but premature to act now.
less than a minute ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
I'm beginning to seriously dislike Sky News

Welcome to my world

what MSM outlet is neutral and without fault though?

They are all contradicting one another and all contradicting themselves... Rather annoying.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Looks like a big scamola, same crock as Air Force One making a panic scene.

Only 7 swine flu deaths, not 152, says WHO

"Unfortunately that [150-plus deaths] is incorrect information and it does happen, but that's not information that's come from the World Health Organisation," Ms Allan told ABC Radio today.

"That figure is not a figure that's come from the World Health Organisation and, I repeat, the death toll is seven and they are all from Mexico."

why would they shoot those numbers out, then downplay?

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join