It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
it makes you wonder when all this broke why the "who", didnt say that these deaths were not confrimed. instead of letting it go to this point .
and then turn around and say we need to rise it to level four.
i not sure about this but i've read here that 36000 people die yearly from the flu. is that world wide or just in the us. ethier way that comes to about 98 people a day. what are the chances that 144 people die in the same countryor same area.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
for those in Montreal, Canada:

**We're ready for worst, city says**

In a worst case scenario of swine flu outbreak, health authorities would take over hotels and run them like hospitals, the head of the Montreal health agency said yesterday.

www.montrealgazette.com...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by k_sin]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by mkross1983

They do.

The deaths are recorded and confirmed by Mexico and then the WHO has to clarify each subject, under international law. Because the figures are changing on an hourly basis, the WHO is commenting only on cases it has received.

Bureaucracy, my dear boy.

That is why the WHO reported three confirmed cases in the United Kingdom when our government said it was five. The updated information did not arrive at the WHO prior to the news conference.

lol not sure if what I said was taken the right away. To clarify, I was making fun of the confirmation process but yes I am very much aware of the bureaucracy, lol.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

It depends on the national government and whether they are open towards the WHO - which some feel Mexico isn't.

The fact Mexican officials were declaring 160 dead and slowly providing information to the WHO is restricting our ability to combat the virus. Of course, I understand to send 160 cases at once would be insanity (the WHO is already overloaded) but Mexico should at least be less secret about the process.

Doctors in Mexico are telling reporters dozens are dying a day and officials at the Ministry of Health have been told to remain silent.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Im gonna say it just once, I know people are thinking it.

This is a scam, watch whats going on in other government circles, in other areas of the world and in other pies that the governments have their fingers in. They are feeding us (snip) to bring in martial law, immunise us and collectively increase our independence in them.

Ok, feel better for that, back to the made-up news.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by k_sin

Are you living in Quebec and interested about it or you just post a news about montreal? Because I just started a Twitter feed only about Québec news, like BNONews Twitter.

If you like to watch news and would like to post news about Québec on my Twitter, just tell me.

13Etznab

(I really just started it, so no one still knows about it, but I think Quebec really need a thing like BNO)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

This is a scam, watch whats going on in other government circles, in other areas of the world and in other pies that the governments have their fingers in. They are feeding us (snip) to bring in martial law, immunise us and collectively increase our independence in them.

Man that's a pretty good scam giving an avian/swine/human influenza virus to the second most populated city on Earth and actually have it kill people and spread around the world just so they can bring in martial law and have us in soup kitchens.

Instead don't you think its plausible that this is a naturally occurring virus that has mutated from the original 1918 avian virus to H5N1 to now this. Don't you think it makes logical sense that this is the beginning stage of a pandemic to which the Governments of the world are scared silly and its putting things in order before the WHO raises its level.

Sure would explain why the CDC has not released the genome sequence of this virus to anyone except vaccine makers.

You tell everyone to stop buying into the hysteria with no proof of your own, yet you want them to believe that is some NWO move to impose martial law only in this country.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

yep, i'm in montreal.
and pretty surprised we haven't had any confirmed cases here yet. but i guess only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I am allowed an opinion as are you. good point about Mexico though. Can we just confirm this infection has hit a confirmed 26 people in Mexico.
Thats an awfull lot of hype. The who are saying the initial figures were not theirs and it was not their information.

You dont need to be a conspiricy theorist to smell the fish here.

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
MAP, get your maps here... only 100 shares in tamiflu each... mapss...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

BERLIN – The World Health Organization warned Wednesday that the swine flu outbreak is moving closer to becoming a pandemic, as the United States reported the first swine flu death outside of Mexico, and Germany and Austria became latest European nations hit by the disease.
news.yahoo.com...

Want some info on masks...check my thread linked below..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You do realize that the 1918 flu was man made?

As well as the 1976?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
you would think that if this is as big as they say it is they would setup some temp labs and get more some more actual numbers.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

To a certain extent i am beginning to see your point. Fact is, what is going on now, is the sort of thing that people would have discussed on this site anyway as a conspiracy and that TPTB that might try something like this. Not that i am saying it is a conspiracy.

But now when something like that starts to happen, people don't want to entertain the idea. They are just like "hey no! This is really serious man! The media and WHO keep telling us so!"

People keep quoting the same media that at other times they would have dismissed as liars and fear mongers. But again i am not saying it is a conspiracy, but just thinking. There have been some weird coincidences. I mean what would it take for you to believe it is a conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
mpoppelLOL. Air France Crew Refuses To Board Flight To Mexico6 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

You do realize that the 1918 flu was man made?

As well as the 1976?

you have any info on this?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am allowed an opinion as are you. good point about Mexico though. Can we just confirm this infection has hit a confirmed 26 people in Mexico.
Thats an awfull lot of hype. The who are saying the initial figures were not theirs and it was not their information.

You dont need to be a conspiricy theorist to smell the fish here.

respects

If the W.H.O. has stated that at this point only 26 people out of the 2.000+ that are sick have been confirmed with the virus so far, than what choice do we have?

Just because 26 are confirmed at this point does not mean the other 1, 974 are not infected, they just have not been confirmed yet. CDC takes 3-7 days to confirm a case.

I'm sure their is a level of the government doing things behind closed doors because I believe they are crapping their pants.

The reason being is because this virus spread in country that did not pick up on it soon enough. It's has already broken borders around the globe and their isn't a damn thing they can do about it. They are not worried about today they are worried about months from now.

It does the economies of the world no good to have a pandemic on their hands. At this point many people just plain might get sick and that's it, but just like in 1918 the second wave could be a disaster. In the mean time it does not do any good to struggling economies to just blow the lid on this thing.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by AllexxisF1]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by connelly4245

I noticed you registered here yesterday ............This is old news...

google it

Here is a place to start on the 1918

The first confirmed outbreak in the United States, if not the world, was at an army base in northeastern Kansas on March 11, 1918.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just as a lighter moment...If it is a conspiracy there will certainly be diss-info agents in this thread. If you are one can you let us know?..then we can see the viewpoint and agenda you are pushing?

Back on topic...Does anyone know when the WHO are having their next press conference please?

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It is just plain too early into this issue to determine whether it is:

epidemic
pandemic
highly transmissive
high mortality
engineered
natural occurence
accidental exposure
conspiracy

I believe the above is what each agency is trying to determine. It is six days into the high media coverage.

Everybody here wants to know the answer to all immediately or guess it. You aren't going to get it anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I posted something earlier but I'm not sure if it still stands. The CDC were to have a conference at 2:30 PM today. That could no longer be the case though I'm not sure.

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join