It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
child who died in the US was mexican

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

There are many infections killing people all over the world daily....tell me why this one should be so diffirent?

Just stick to the reason ATS is here....get the info, cite it, research it, confirm it or debunk it. Thats what we do.

Facts...since yesterday afternoon the media has been promoting figures that are not only not confirmed, they are regularly ammending them downwards.

Facts...The initial headlines, 100s dead in mexico have been proven to be false.. at this moment there are only 7 confirmed deaths from swine flu in mexico.

Facts..the blazing headline...1st death in US has been manufactured based on a mexican child visiting then going to hospital. that is not the same as a 2nd generation contact or infection.

Facts...The world has many many illnesses that could be flu, from colds, chills infections, both severe and mild. All those now being classed as suspected. That is the most insane method of deciphering information ever known.

Facts... This will go to the highest extreme because of the above mentioned examples. Not because it is a threat to humanity.

I am not saying dont be concerned, I am saying step back and look at the bigger picture. Who benefits from this? who has most to loose? and do the confirmed statistics warrant the extreme media exagerations that are being released?

Panic is what they want, why they want it is yet another question.

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i'am still wondering if theres any real news about the confrimed cases,besides the same ol party line"responeding well or mild"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i mean i want to know if they are just one butt whoopin case of the flu or if they are on the verge of death, you know that would make a big differecne

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For all those who are concerned about the governments and spokespersons playing this down....

There has been no fatalities outwith of mexico...keep this in mind when you feel panick.

The media are doing the opposite to the health spokespeople...ask yourself this...if the governments are playing its severity down....where do you think the media are getting their information????

This looks like a slite of hand to me, manipulation to get people scared. Dont let that happen. Get the info and work out if its factual, you will find most is not verifiable.

One more important note..

The second honeymoon couple in scotland are confirmed and are at this moment at home behind locked doors watching the media taking pics of them through their windows....This flu is not at this moment extreme enough to even have them hospitalised. !!

And the most important headline........

THERE have been NO deaths outside of MEXICO !!!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Number of suspected swine flu cases rises to six in Israel

Tel Aviv - The number of suspected swine flu cases in Israel has risen to six, two of which have been confirmed with certainty, Israeli media reported Wednesday. The number rose after an Israeli woman in her mid-50s returned from a trip to Mexico with symptoms. She has been hospitalized at Israel's Meir hospital in Kfar Saba, north-east of Tel Aviv.

www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

So many people infected here, someone suspected of having it there, etc etc.

So all we pretty much know is that it is spreading. We know that from media reports, who all seem to be reporting different numbers all the time anyway. What can we do about it? The answer is nothing!

I appreciate the stuff you people are doing in posting updates about this but it doesn't make any practical difference to the situation. Your avergae joe in the street will wait till the government says its a complete disaster and there are many deaths before taking this really seriously. But we know they aren't going to do that, as everybody would lose their heads.

They are just all smiles at the moment, with the usual "everything is ok! Nothing to see here folks!" Maybe it is ok? Who knows?

What i am trying to say here....i suppose i could have just said this in the first place, is that we don't really have any concrete idea of what the hell is going on, what with conflicting reports and media coverage. Basically all we do know is that we don't know anything.

I am not sure whether i just contradicted myself in that entire post, but oh well.

Edited, just to say it wasn't meant to be a reply, i pressed that by accident.

[edit on 29/4/09 by Kram09]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918 came in two waves, the first was mild and the final wave depleted 1 - 2% of the world's population*. If the virus returned in the winter, normal influenza season, then it could be fatal.

*2% in modern times would translate into 120,000,000 dead (not suggesting it would happen)

link   

Originally posted by captiva

There are many infections killing people all over the world daily....tell me why this one should be so diffirent?

Just stick to the reason ATS is here....get the info, cite it, research it, confirm it or debunk it. Thats what we do.

Facts...since yesterday afternoon the media has been promoting figures that are not only not confirmed, they are regularly ammending them downwards.

Facts...The initial headlines, 100s dead in mexico have been proven to be false.. at this moment there are only 7 confirmed deaths from swine flu in mexico.

Facts..the blazing headline...1st death in US has been manufactured based on a mexican child visiting then going to hospital. that is not the same as a 2nd generation contact or infection.

Facts...The world has many many illnesses that could be flu, from colds, chills infections, both severe and mild. All those now being classed as suspected. That is the most insane method of deciphering information ever known.

Facts... This will go to the highest extreme because of the above mentioned examples. Not because it is a threat to humanity.

I am not saying dont be concerned, I am saying step back and look at the bigger picture. Who benefits from this? who has most to loose? and do the confirmed statistics warrant the extreme media exagerations that are being released?

Panic is what they want, why they want it is yet another question.

respects

There are many reasons to be worried so stop saying the same stuff like the flu kills thousands. We know this already!

This is something to be worried about for many reasons such as:

1. It's still early, you have no idea how bad this could get.
2. The spanish flu started weak and ended up very deadly.
3. Even if this flu is not bad, the gov/media or at least WHO are making a big deal about it so there could be some agenda behind this like possible martial law and fema stuff.

There are plenty more reasons but I dont feel like typing them.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Kingfanpaul]

link   
Interesting thing that has just popped up on my newscientist twitter feed.

Spain say they have a case of #swineflu in someone who hasn't been to Mexico. WHO may increase pandemic threat level to 5.

Can't see nothing on the website though to link to as of yet.

EDIT: Just to put my quote in properly as it's my first time posting.

[edit on 29/4/2009 by li6290]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

yes that is ture no deaths outside of mex, but the child came to texas.
you know thats theres no way he didnt come into contact with some one before being admitted to the hospital.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

There has been one confirmed in the U.S. but that person came from Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I really wold like to be pessimistic about this... But what I see happening is a very probable beginning of large scale Biowar attack. To be sure what is really happening across the world right now, we need to focus on every news, to get the big picture...

Mexico is silenced - we cant keep their announcements anywhere near the truth in this point.

"First victim of the war is always the truth" - I think none of us here in ATS is panicing, but collecting all the needed information in right time to avoid that reaction.

Information keeps our motions in place.

BTW, I have really enjoyed your post in these days, keep up the good work... Every attitude is needed to paint the big picture!

link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Which could also mean that if there is a different, more lethal strain in Mexico it could now be in the US as well if it wasn't already.

EDIT: Spelling, need to slow down :-p

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mkross1983]

link   

Originally posted by captiva
THERE have been NO deaths outside of MEXICO !!!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by captiva]

Since you are all about facts and not buying into the hysteria than show me proof that the strain in Mexico that is killing people is the exact same as the one in the U.S. that has not killed anyone so far.

Where is your proof?

Many of us are following the science (limited as it may well be) and are concerned about this virus which very transmittable between human to human.

link   
Also have a case in spain that's NOT related to Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow, it took me more than a half hour to catch up on this thread from last night. I hope the people saying this is no big deal are right, but at the very least we should be careful, especially this fall in the northern hemisphere. I think a good indicator will be the next few months in the southern hemisphere during their winter. If they get through it without much happening then I will feel much better.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It's been all over the news and out of mouths of the CDC and WHO that the strains are the same, so there is your proof or you could decide that they are all lying about that........which would have to be a massive scale cover up with all the labs and scientists involved with the testing. I think it safe to say that they are the same strain as they have been saying for days.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

this says to me that the child brought the killer strain into this country, may have infected who knows how many and where are they now

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

News are debunking news soon as they pumps up - what a mess!

PATIENT WHO CAUGHT SWINE FLU IN SPAIN HAD CONTACT WITH RECENT MEXICO VISITOR-EL MUNDO

www.alertnet.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join