It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Thank you. I have as have many people who have posted on this thread, been through all the emotions that are being posted. To keep me sane and functioning at a level where I will hopefully find some truth I sometimes revert back to facts. The number of new posters who are panicked does concern me a bit and I think it helps to sometimes just stop the boat to remind people to take a deep breath and re-look at the situation.

Respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by AllexxisF1

It's been all over the news and out of mouths of the CDC and WHO that the strains are the same,

See this is what i was concerned about the other day.

They were first saying that this was mixing with another/second virus in Mexico and that is why people were dying.

Almost instantly (as with the 9/11 explosives thing) the stories and reports on this dried up.
Now all we hear is that it's the same and it's all from Mexico.

Until this Spanish case earlier, which is NOT related to Mexico.

Something is dodgy about the whole thing.

[edit on 29/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by blupblup

News are debunking news soon as they pumps up - what a mess!

PATIENT WHO CAUGHT SWINE FLU IN SPAIN HAD CONTACT WITH RECENT MEXICO VISITOR-EL MUNDO

www.alertnet.org...

yep...totally conflicting reports all the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

In fact, it's not. It's an infected person entering Spain and then infecting the local community - which is alarming.

237 children are starting flu treatment tomorrow to ensure none of them have been infected by the 12 year old girl.

SKYNews: Suspected cases in the Midlands.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
#BULLETIN -- TEXAS GOVERNOR ISSUES DISASTER PROCLAMATION OVER SWINE FLU EPIDEMIC.
less than 20 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

With respect I feel no need to show you anything. I deal in published facts. Even if that info was available and citeable, what on earth would it prove?

Thats like saying...prove to me that there is no asteroid going to hit earth in the next 20 years.

Please dont make my comments to the thread result in personal requests to meet your criteria. I dont intend to do it and I am not going to get into arguments in this thread covering a very important topic.

respects

link   
reply to post by infinite

Edit: Man your fast you beat me again

[edit on 29-4-2009 by IamNow]

link   

Originally posted by infinite

237 children are starting flu treatment tomorrow

SKYNews: Suspected cases in the Midlands.

That is what people need to be worried about.

link   

It's been all over the news and out of mouths of the CDC and WHO that the strains are the same, so there is your proof or you could decide that they are all lying about that........which would have to be a massive scale cover up with all the labs and scientists involved with the testing. I think it safe to say that they are the same strain as they have been saying for days.

That is right except that are saying the are finding different Genomes in it. That would mean that it is probably mutating. That could be for the better or for the worst. I really hope this thing burns out.

I asked a while back do they really think it will burn out in the summer. It is probably a lot hotter in Mexico than in The northern USA were I am. it is currently 60 degrees F. That is really cool but it seems to still be picking up steam in Mexico were I would assume it is a lot hotter.

So in theory it should start to burn out first in Mexico shouldnt it?

This is really confusing

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

In fact, it's not. It's an infected person entering Spain and then infecting the local community - which is alarming.

Fair enough....from what they were saying earlier..... this latest Spanish case was unique.... because it was NOT related to Mexico??

I dunno man

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Mexican Toddler in U.S. Dies From Swine Flu

I thought this was important regarding the child who died in Houston.

On April 13, the child was admitted to the hospital and then transferred the next day to a hospital in Houston, where he died on Monday. The C.D.C. confirmed that the child was “in fact infected with the swine virus,” on Wednesday, Dr. Persse said.

This child was hospitalized for over two weeks before death. How can we be sure that the same will not hold true for others? That a week from now, maybe two, we won't hear about deaths here because the person fought it off that long?

[edit on 29/4/2009 by lynn112]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
## Texas Gov. says they have more additional suspected casesless than 10 seconds ago from TweetDeck

link   
reply to post by captiva

What no one seems to be getting is there is only one way to stop this flu, and thats to take care of yourself. Posting about where the flu is now, or how many people are sick/dead will change NOTHING. It really don't matter where it is or what its doing, what matters is what YOU are doing to stop it. If you are sitting here posting updates about the location, and your house is a mess, then you are contributing to the problem. You should be disinfecting your home, your kids stuff, your car, anything you touch such as door knobs. Its spreading person to person, so that means that every single person is responsible for making sure they are taking the proper precautions to avoid picking this up. And if you do pick it up, then make sure you are taking the precautions necessary to keep it from spreading..

Now, am I saying that its your fault if you get it?? Of course not. I'm just saying now that we know its here, and we know its spreading, its time to find a way to stop it. That does not mean that we should wait till its out of hand and the government has to step in with shots. We can stop this before it goes that far, and I believe that we can.

How many of us know people that are just outright dirty?? Their house is a mess, they are a mess, ect. These are the places where this germ can set up shop.. Just keep your house and yourself clean and this should not be an issue..

link   
reply to post by captiva

It's potentially the biggest scary health issue the world has seen in a century and this fact is being rammed home everywhere you go so it's understandable for people to feel a bit freaked out. Fear can be a very good catalyst for action though so perhaps it will get some people off their rear ends and preparing "just in case".

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Look people don't panic, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sky News reporting first case of swine flu in a person who has not recently visited Mexico.

Sky News Link

"The new case shows the virus is spreading from returning travellers to other people.

"This can start local outbreaks, which can rapidly snowball.

"It makes it more likely that the WHO will raise the health alert to level 5, a major milestone towards a pandemic

[edit on 29-4-2009 by IamNow]

link   
reply to post by captiva

thank you for your voice of clamness, and its good to see that you are tring to help others to clam down.
that being siad, i think we should all keep a watchfull eye on this and not freak out.
it is concrening that there are case poping up all over the world, i'm still wondering about the confrimed cases, is it just a case of the buttt whoopin flu or are these people really fighting for thier lives

link   

reply to post by captiva

It's potentially the biggest scary health issue the world has seen in a century and this fact is being rammed home everywhere you go so it's understandable for people to feel a bit freaked out. Fear can be a very good catalyst for action though so perhaps it will get some people off their rear ends and preparing "just in case".

Exactly!! Fear can be a good thing, it makes people more aware of what is going on and they are more likely to spot a potential hazard. They may change their actions a little bit and that could make all of the difference.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
is the alert level now 5? i didnt think it was but the presenter on sky news casually said it was now level 5

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Any information from Australia? Over 100 cases, but no word - expect for the confirmation the government will detain anyone they believe is presenting symptoms.

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join