It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
mpoppelWHO says it doesn't know why the serious cases are only occurring in Mexicoless than a minute ago from TweetDeck

mpoppelHomeland security chief says swine flu now in four more states, with 91 cases now confirmed.2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Here is another map for everyone, I know this is buried deep in this thread somewhere But I figure I will keep posting it every 10 pages or so.

www.idemc.org...

-Kdial1

Thank you SO much! This has way more on it than any other info, and now I know that there are several suspected cases in my city that are not listed anywhere else. Urgh, I touched the handle on the bus yesterday

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
mpoppelSays they don't know when there will be an emergency meeting but an official earlier told me they plan tonight or tomorrow morning less than a minute ago from TweetDeck

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just commenting on the fear factor being put into posts like - "extremely close" which was never said.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
20 cases being suspected in Wales.

(Source:BBC)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
RT @usfire: USFA working with Federal partners to issue H1N1 influenza guidance to first responders. www.usfa.dhs.gov... #swineflu

Twitter

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Fair enough...but we are edging closer all the time.
I know many things have been blown out of proportion but i also think that certain things are being under-reported.

We'll see....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Which part of Wales, I'm in Cardiff..........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Seems there is still talk here at the moment..
www.foxnews.com...

H1N1 conference... (concluded)

[edit on 4/29/2009 by BeyondPerception]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
#AFP: Ten confirmed cases of swine flu in Spain, officials say. Also follow @mpoppel for live updates from the WHO news conference.
11 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

AP: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms 1 swine flu case in Arizona.

CDC: Confirmed swine flu cases jump to 91 in 10 states, with 1 death

WASHINGTON - The U.S. now has 91 confirmed cases of the new swine flu in 10 states.

Dr. Richard Besser, the acting chief of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says thus far only five of those cases needed hospitalization, including a Mexican toddler who became the first death recorded in the U.S., in Texas.

www.startribune.com...:iLP8iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Obama giving speech across (some) news channels currently..

Update: Answering questions from crowd on various subjects mostly relating to economy and jobs

This has concluded

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
SkyNews, case in spain confirmed from someone who hasn't travelled from Mexico

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So the WHO is contradicting itself, as is the Mexican government, the US government & pretty much all official sources. WTH is going on? Can't these people keep track of the numbers?

It is their job at WHO to maintain up to date data on the testing they are doing, yet they seem to be running in circles, bowing to pressure from government officials to down play this to save the economy.

The problem with that is you can not stop this pandemic, if/when it is going to happen, it will & no amount of down-playing is going to stop it. Personally, I can’t see any reason, economy included, that justifies that. We need to be informed, we need to understand the risk presented to us & we need to protect our loved-ones. We can’t do that if we are being lied to.

(Sorry, but I'm getting frustrated that none of these morons seem to know how to do their job!)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
# The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms the first case of swine flu in Nevada.less than 20 seconds ago from BNO Headquarters

link   
Any time I hear about how we shouldn't be concerned or too worried I think about all the movies I've seen about how they lie right to your face that you are going to be ok all the while knowing that people are going to die.

Same thing in books too. I know it's what sells good but you can't help thinking about it just the same.

I keep thinking back to "The Stand". That book was so good but my view on it is going to change here soon if things start escalating more and more.

EDIT: Spelling.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by mkross1983]

link   
New Spanish involves an individual who did not travel to Mexico. Human-to-human transmission in the Europe and North America.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
First case of swine flu NOT linked to Mexico is reported in Spain.

NOT good

WHO likely to raise level to 5.

Live on Sky news now.

[edit on 29/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's out of control.

They are lying about the number of cases.

They have to be.

BreakingNewsThe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms the first case of swine flu in Nevada.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

VeratectSouth Korea, Pusan: First Suspected Swine Influenza Case Identified In a Man With Recent U.S. Travel History. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I believe it is across Wales, but I cannot confirm it. I'd be worried if the 20 cases are located in one area - that is a significant cluster.

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join